Alberta Playwrights Network
- APN is a non-profit, provincial arts service organization and registered charity dedicated to fostering playwriting in Alberta.
Association Italian Canadian Writers
- To publicize the work of Italian Canadian authors, and provide a forum for the discussion of issues pertinent and relevant to the membership. Bi-annual conference.
Association of Canadian Publishers
- The voice of Canadian book publishing, representing 145 Canadian-owned book publishers and who publish literary, general-trade and scholarly titles.
- Vancouver branch of the Canadian Authors Association.
Canada Council for the Arts
- The Council offers a broad range of grants and services to professional Canadian artists and arts organizations in dance, interdisciplinary work and performance art, media arts, music, theatre, visual arts and writing and publishing.
Canadian Authors Association
- Founded in 1921, the CAA has played a key role in the support and development of the Canadian writing community.
- To feature, showcase, and promote Canadian writers who have been published electronically. Web community.
Canadian Farm Writers' Federation
- CFWF serves the common interests of agricultural journalists, including reporters, editors and broadcasters as well as those in business and government whose primary responsibility is agricultural communications.
Canadian Journalists for Free Expression
- The CJFE is supported by Canadian journalists and advocates of free expression. The purpose of the organization is to defend the rights of journalists and contribute to the development of media freedom throughout the world.
Mystery Writers Ink
- Non-profit organization that educates and informs writers about writing techniques, publishing and marketing, and provides networking opportunities for writers. Alberta, Canada.
- Toronto writing workshops, seminars and events for freelance writers, writers and journalists.
Ottawa Independent Writers
- Promotes all genres of writing as well as local area writers. Focuses on the business of writing, and promotes its aims through monthly meetings, occasional seminars, newsletters, and its web page.
Outdoor Writers of Canada
- To stimulate interest in and an appreciation of the outdoors. To stimulate high standards of craftsmanship among those concerned with the portrayal of outdoor life.
- An association of writers and supporters formed in 1926 to defend freedom of expression and raise awareness of that right. Assists writers around the world persecuted or exiled for the expression of their thoughts.
Playwrights Atlantic Resource Centre
- Membership includes established playwrights, dramaturges, translators, academics, regional Artistic Directors, theatre companies, students, lovers of theatre and theatre writing.
Playwrights Theatre Centre
- A Vancouver based new play development centre dedicated to the encouragement and expression of the Canadian voice on the stage.
Professional Writers Association of Canada
- National association of professional freelance writers, providing services and benefits to members, and an online free "find a writer" service to businesses that require specialized writers and journalists.
Storytellers of Canada
- Nationwide organization provides list of members by province, annual conference, event listings, and membership information.
Toronto Writer's Centre
- A creative hub, offers emerging and established writers a quiet and professional environment in which to work. Inspired by the success of similar writers' centres based in New York City, TWC is the first of its kind in Canada.
- For fiction writers living in Toronto. Includes web links, writing tips and resources, book reviews, information and advice.
The Word Guild
- An association of Christian Canadian writers and editors. Site offers classes, workshops, critique service and membership information.
Writers Guild of Canada
- Represents freelance writers working in film, television, radio and new media production in Canada.
Writers' Alliance of Newfoundland and Labrador
- The Alliance works to protect the rights of authors, recognize excellence in writing, and support literacy programs for adults. WANL offers specialized workshops for writers and hosts public readings for the community.
The Writers' Circle of Durham Region
- Dedicated to raising the profile of writers of all kinds, at all levels, and to offering a forum through which they can find support, education and networking opportunities.
Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia
- Established in 1975 to foster creative writing and the profession of writing in the province of Nova Scotia. Features information and resources for writers, contest details, and directory of Nova Scotian writers.
Writers' Guild of Alberta
- A community of writers which exists to support, encourage and promote writers and writing; to safeguard the freedom to write and to read; and to advocate for the well-being of writers.
The Writers' Trust of Canada
- Celebrating the talent and achievements of novelists and poets, biographers and other non-fiction writers through programs and awards. At the same time, making an important investment in nationhood, in the development of a cultural legacy.
The Writers' Union of Canada
- A national organization of professional writers that works to advance conditions for all writers and to foster writing in Canada.