- Interpreted, with 1 type (all is data) only, made with Java; can be used as strings of its own code or as Java objects, code (even 1-line program) can write or modify other code; main purpose: write artificial intelligences that modify (parts of) themselves or write other code.
- Object-oriented extension to C language. Solves many of the problems associated with C++.
- Project to create object-oriented language that is easy to learn for beginners.
- Experimental object-oriented language. Looks and feels much like original Smalltalk, adds features to specify access to object detail.
- Experimental, innovative, object-oriented, interpreted language, and programming environment LavaPE; edits programs via syntax-sensitive point-and-click style structure editors, not text editors; parameterized (virtual) types, refactoring, static checks.
- OO language based on, integrated with, Java (compiler emits Java bytecode); features of functional programming, implements state-of-art results from academic research, for more expressivity, modularity, safety. [Open source, GPL]
- Interactive geomatic object-oriented language for spatial modeling, image processing, remote sensing, digital photogrammetry, geographic information system (GIS), geodesy, and surveying and mapping.
- Syntax similar to C++, Java, advanced high level features: strong type system, automatic memory management, global code optimization. Development website, has some documentation, forum, announcement from developers, sources. [Open source, GPL]
- Compiled object-oriented language fully based on XML syntax; conforms to XML version 1.0 specification as published by W3C. Descriptions, documents, FAQ, downloads, links. [Open Source, LGPL]
UnrealScript Language Reference
- High level, simple, Java-style, object-oriented, compile time error checking; native support for major concepts of time, state, properties, networking, which few languages address, to greatly simplify code. Mainly for games.
- Makes paxScript: general purpose, imperative, object-oriented language, with new technology of dynamic data structure processing; lets one process dynamic data structures (lists, trees, more) effectively with no pointers. Ensures laconic and uniform notation allows hiding memory allocation/deallocation mechanisms.
- Language with objects, interfaces, parameterized types, no inheritance, operator overloading, generators, static instantiation, compiled to C; descriptions, source code, examples, compiler.
- Ruby-like expressiveness + static type checks, like Haskell. [Open Source, GPL]
- Practical OO language: Ruby-like expressiveness with Haskell-like static type checks. Coded in ML, runs on Linux. [Open Source, GPL]