AML: Anil's Machine Language
- Implements a simple, virtual register machine in C++, to make a portable, powerful, efficient way to solve mathematical problems. Its use is not limited to math, but that is its main use so far. Syntax is far easier than normal machine language as the instruction set is easy to learn and understand.
- A programming language and calculating tool. It tracks units of measure through all calculations, and helps to get the answers right.
- Home of the GEneral purpose MAcro processor tool, with a binding for the Lua scripting language, named GeL; source and binary distributions.
- For Imp-77 language on Intel x86 processors, an ALGOL-like high-level language originally designed as the implementation language of the Edinburgh Multi-Access System, developed at Edinburgh University.
- A simple imperative programming language. Description and compiler download. [Open source, GPL]
- A programming language created solely for beginners.
- a simple typeless language which is based on BCPL. It makes use of pattern matching somewhat related to that used in ML and Prolog. Some other features come from C.
- Simple interpreted language designed for use in computer-assisted instruction (CAI), 3 implementations, IEEE-standard and open source version exist.
- Full language with scripting/batch abilities, database development system, built-in ODBC interface, interpreter and compiler. For Windows, common in Germany, easy to make English version. English page on website. [freeware (early version), commercial]
- Free PC implementation of easy, yet powerful procedural IBM mainframe programming language Quikjob. Some uses: scanning files, making reports and quick utilities, converting files. For DOS 5.0 and up, Windows 3.1/95/98, Linux, Stratus VOS.
SiMPLE CodeWorks, Inc.
- Makes SiMPLE Modular Programming Language and Environment. Beginner-friendly, for kids and adults looking for a new way to have fun with computers. Has full C++ compiler. Descriptions, FAQs, tutorials, tools, forum, games, downloads.
- SQR is a reporting and database access language. Links to resources and technical information.
TOP: Table Oriented Programming
- Programming that puts tables first. Tables are a vital data representation method. In some applications they are central, almost all you need; far superior to standard APIs: smaller; faster; easier to write, understand, debug.
- The site supplies and supports MacharSoft version of the COMAL programming language. It's classic imperative interpreted language, similar to BASIC but with a wider range of structures and facilities.
- Language and compiler generator system (or TWS: translator writing system) based on language. Derived from PL/I with its syntax, but structure close to C, first release 1968. Descriptions, book, port list, resources, publications list.