You are here
SomaliNet Internet Directory
- Open Source (15)
- Amoeba@ (2)
- Archy@ (12)
- AtheOS (8)
- Croquet@ (15)
- FullPliant@ (5)
- GEOS (7)
- Harmony@ (0)
- Jbed@ (0)
- OS-400@ (86)
- Computers: Programming: Languages: Language-OS Hybrids (7)
- Computers: Programming: Languages: Object-Oriented (33)
- Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Object-Oriented (28)
- Computers: Software: Object-Oriented (14)
- Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Extensible (0)
- Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Microkernel (94)
- Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Research (0)
- Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Submicrokernel (12)
- German (0)
- Apertos - Object-oriented reflective OS, from Sony Computer Science Lab.
- Atomatrix - Multithreaded execution system of atomic matrices with dynamic compiler, a network environment, and an object-oriented OS. Open source, BSD.
- Choices Object-Oriented Operating System - Research OS coded in C++, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V.
- Iguana Project - Investigating use of object-orientation, computational reflection, and metaobject protocols (MOPs) to support dynamic customizing of (system) software.
- Maruti - Goal: create an environment for developing and deploying critical applications with hard real-time constraints in a reactive environment. Such applications must be able to execute on a platform of distributed and heterogeneous resources, and operate continuously in the presence of faults.
- MK++ - Mach compatible microkernel; gives one code base able to support high assurance, scalability, realtime, distribution, SMP, fault handling, performance; all built in an object-oriented B3 evaluable fashion.
- ShagOS - Portable object-oriented microkernel OS, dynamically loaded device drivers, fully redesigned and rewritten many times in C++, runs on VAX, x86. Ongoing experiment in using O-O paradigm as framework for full OS, with distributed computing as main aspect in most design decisions.
- Tornado - Object-oriented operating system for large-scale shared-memory multiprocessors. Minimizes data sharing via careful design: often eliminates data sharing even when sharing appears natural. Successor to Hurricane.
|Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.|
|Suggest a Site - Open Directory Project - Become an Editor|