You are here
SomaliNet Internet Directory
- Intellectual Property Online - An exhaustive list of annotated links to patent, trademark and copyright information from the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- American Bar Association - Information on Intellectual Property laws. Includes articles on current legislation, tips, and upcoming programs.
- Berne Convention - International convention for the protection of literary and artistic works.
- Contracts, Copyright and Preemption in a Digital World - Law journal article by I. Trotter Hardy focusing on copyrights.
- Copyright and Art Issues - Copyright and fair use in the realm of art and our cultural heritage.
- Copyright and Related Rights - Articles, guidelines, meeting schedules, resources, and press releases.
- Copyright Association of Ireland - Promotes informed debate and awareness of copyright issues in Ireland and around the world.
- Copyright At MIT - Information and resources including infringement notification. Features school policies, guidelines, and related links.
- Copyright Information Center at Cornell University - Information about copyright issues, obtaining permission and other key areas relating to copyright regulations.
- Copyright Information Services - Overview of laws, rights, and treaties regarding copyrights and intellectual properties. Includes information on registration, fair use, and applications in the recording and publishing industries.
- The Copyright Website - Endeavoring to provide real world, practical and relevant copyright information.
- Fair Use in a Nutshell - A 16-step roadmap to copyright's most important exception. By Lloyd J. Jassin, a New York-based publishing attorney.
- GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) - Organization supporting software authors who give up their copyright protections to allow the free distribution of software.
- Illustrated Story of Copyright - Detailing the history of copyright law.
- Interview: Michael Landau on Copyright - Professor Landau of the Georgia State University College of Law comments on the Supreme Court case of The New York Times v. Tasini.
- Musicians' Intellectual Law and Resources Links - Resources for copyright, trademark, royalty collection and other intellectual property topics.
- Myths About Copyright Explained - Answers to common myths about copyright from Brad Templeton, former publisher at ClariNet Communications Corp.,
- National Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage - Information sharing initiatives, including copyright town meetings.
- National Legislation - UNESCO - Directory of full-text copyright laws from around the world, in English, for review on line or free download.
- Online Copyright Resource Kit - From OCLC.
- Primary Sources on Copyright (1450-1900) - A digital archive of primary sources on copyright from the Universities of Cambridge and Bournemouth in the UK. Initially focuses on document from Renaissance Italy, France, German-speaking countries, Britain and the United States. Search and browse by date, location, language, and author.
- Public Domain Information Project - Reference site to help the ordinary person identify music and songs in the public domain.
- Publishing Law Center - Legal information for the publishing community.
- Sentry - Australian copyright information
- Song Rights - Information on copyright for songwriters, from Robert Carter, a Texas lawyer.
- Standford University Libraries: Copyright and Fair Use - Overview of rights and permissions for websites, academics and educational applications. Includes frequently asked questions, registration, enforcement, public domains, and research.
- Stanford Copyright & Fair Use - Information and study aids concerning copyright law.
- United States Copyright Office - Provides and an overview of copyright law, federal laws, regulations and other US government publications. Also provides information about registering a copyrighted document, as well as a searchable database of documents filed with the office.
- What is Copyright Protection? - Information about copyrights in general, and as applied to the internet.
- Yale University - Annotated copyright policies of selected colleges and universities.
- Purpose of Copyright - An essay on the state of copyright protections. (February 01, 2000)
- Basic Copyright Concepts For Writers - Article explaining basic copyright concepts with links, examples, and additional information. (September 01, 1997)
|Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.|
|Suggest a Site - Open Directory Project - Become an Editor|