Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favorite Somali Poet

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Your Favorite Somali Poet

Postby guhad122 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:19 pm

I am not an expert in Somali poetry, but Qamaan had an amazing talent and wisdom.
Here is one of his stories:
Qoyska Qamaan Bulxan oo meel degan ayaa waxaa kusoo baxay niman safar ah oo u muuqday inay reerka ku hoyaad yihiin. Qamaan ayaa kob dheer ka arkay. Intuu horay aqalkiisii u galay ayuu haweenaydiisii wuxuu ku yidhi " Nimankaa safarka ahi haddii ay ku yidhaahdaan Qamaan ma joogaa; maya dheh. Haddiise ay ku yidhaahdaan Qamaan Bulxan ma joogaa haa dheh."

Nimankii safraha ahaa, sidii iyagood moodo inay Qamaan uur ogaayeen ayey afadiisii waxay weydiiyeen "Qamaan Bulxan ma joogaa?" Haweenayda inay hilmaantay iyo in ay iyada naf ahaanteedu ujeedo kale lahayd Ilaahay baa u cilmi leh, waxayse nimankii ugu jawaabtay "mayee Qamaan Bulxan ma joogo." Sidaa ma ahayn siduu Qamaan kula dardaarmay, aqalkiisii gudihiisana wuu ka maqlayaa hadalkooda. Intuu kor u soo baxay ayuu tixdan tiriyey Qamaan:

----------------------------------------------------
Naag yahay nin lagu soo hirtoo, heelan baan ahaye
Ma huluulan karo buul anooy, timihii haarmeene
Waa kaa raggaan ka hambas idhi, galayo haybtiiye
Waxaan heli waxaan haaban karo, iyo waxaan haysto
Hiyiguba wuxuu doonayaa, inaan hibeeyaaye
Iyagaa intay hiish baxshaan, heesi dabataale
Oo ku hilbo qaybsada waxay, hor Alla gaysteene
Ma Hartaynu nahay soorta maad, hadal la'aan dhiibtid?
------------------------------------------------

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Your Favorite Somali Poet

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Thu May 24, 2007 12:41 pm

I think Qamaan was one of THE best and was in league with the elite of the Somali poetry, but I have to say Ina Cabdille Hassan is my all time favorite.

Most of his poems are known and need no intro. He was talented, no doubt about that, but what makes him stand out of others poets is:

He could be a fortune teller in one poem, a lamenting wounded lion in another, a boastful victorious winner in another, a leader with plans and goals, a comedian, a glamorous nobility in yet another and an inciteful warrior, he would utilize his poems in any way he sees fit and always comes out with the best wordings and views.

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Your Favorite Somali Poet

Postby kambuli » Thu May 24, 2007 12:42 pm

Guhad,

I am not good at those stories too...But I think I have heard that he(Qaman) planned this poem and exactly he wanted his wife to say "Qamaan Bulxan is not home"..So that he can say the poem...Maada Hartiya, soorta maad hadal la'aan dhiibtid" Laughing

He wanted to retaliate a poem by one of the Harti poets who said before;

Gobonimo inay hodan tahoo, hibo naloo siiyey,
Nimankii Halac Dheere, Sanado hayn jiraan nahaye,
Ma hambeeyo dhuuniga weel la hoos dhige. something of that sort...

And I believe Halac dheere hailed from the same clan as Qamaan...

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.