Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So, one of the things that stood out from the Khutbah today.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
FAH1223
webmaster

So, one of the things that stood out from the Khutbah today.

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:40 pm

was keeping your sins to yourself and Allah....

the Iman gave examples of people glorifying, flaunting their sins to the world and their friends in the community, mosque, school and the internet

*looks around this forum*

SMH, subxanallah...
Last edited by FAH1223 on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: So, the one thing that stood out from the Khutbah today...

Postby Luq_Ganane » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:41 pm

Thanks for the reminder akhee.

FAH1223
webmaster

Re: So, one of the things that stood out from the Khutbah today.

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:49 pm

no problem

cause once the Iman said it, it reminded me of a brother of mine who goes to the same mosque and he went to my school also... he put a pic of himself and our other friend (also Muslim) in New York with this lady pretty much naked in Times Square... and they took a pic with her and put it on facebook/myspace. Which is a perfect example of what he was saying.

paidmonk
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby paidmonk » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Costa is trying to lower my iman.

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Luq_Ganane » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:52 pm

Fah, how about the losers on facebook/myspace posing with Khamro? That always got under my skin Wallah. Shocked

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:54 pm

[quote="Luq_Ganane"]Fah, how about the losers on facebook/myspace posing with Khamro? That always got under my skin Wallah. Shocked[/quote]

yeah, I dont understand it walahi...

its amazing how people try to fit into this society in every aspect

but its all the work of Shaydaan

but the gates of salvation are so wide, if they turn to Allah in a sincere manner, they will be forgiven insha allah.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:37 pm

the kutbah was great as usual, the imam today was talking about the diversity of the muslim ummah, the salafah, the attributes of the early muslims and in particular the iman and actions of the prophets saw sahaba.

one key thing that stood out for me was when the imam was talking about the diversity of the modern ummah and despite the differences we are all still bounded by the same moral foundation.

muslim-man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby muslim-man » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:03 pm

[quote="FAH1223"]was keeping your sins to yourself and Allah....

the Iman gave examples of people glorifying, flaunting their sins to the world and their friends in the community, mosque, school and the internet

*looks around this forum*

SMH, subxanallah...[/quote]

shukran akhii. why glorify your sins when Allah has kept it away from others for you? it's something common with our folks wallah, especialy sleeping with naago. many somalis brag about this grave sin without a care....

Lil_Cutie..
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Lil_Cutie.. » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:10 pm

Jazzakillah brother.. Keep us posted, its nice to hear for real. Nice to know what you've learn (&Nobleman aswell).

I enjoy the khutbah its so benefical and its in such a nice atmosphere and a beautiful day, but I know in some mosques they often repeat the same hadeeths and stuff. Smile But Alxamdulilah.. Travvvel to see all the Mosques you can people. InshaAllah!!

*Arabman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *Arabman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:14 pm

[it's something common with our folks wallah, especialy sleeping with naago. many somalis brag about this grave sin without a care....]

Those men think it's raganimo to sleep with as many naago, and then brag about it. As you have stated, zina or ma'siya are both grave sins.

Sadaam_Mariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sadaam_Mariixmaan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:15 pm

i reformed from from doing that great danbi, chasing Chasing Naago Xaraan ah

muslim-man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby muslim-man » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:20 pm

[quote="*Arabman"][it's something common with our folks wallah, especialy sleeping with naago. many somalis brag about this grave sin without a care....]

Those men think it's raganimo to sleep with as many naago, and then brag about it. As you have stated, zina or ma'siya are both grave sins.[/quote]

Allah ceebtena ha asturo!

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:26 pm

ameen inshallah Allah will protect us from the fitnah of zina and the fitnah of the grave

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.