Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UN General Secretary: PEACEKEEPING TROOPS NOT VIABLE

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: UN General Secretary: PEACEKEEPING TROOPS NOT VIABLE

Postby Shirib » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:59 am

^^^^

Peace keepers usually end up taking sides but the fact is they wouldn't be Ethiopia who has their own agenda. Plus the U.N would monitor them a lot closer. Peace keepers wouldn't probably indiscriminately shell an entire area. African peace keepers would come to earn a check but Ethiopia is their to stir shit up.

But no one who has no political or economical interest in Somalia would be stupid enough to come to Xamar so that they could get shot up.

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Luq_Ganane » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:21 pm

[quote="AbdiWahab252"]Luq,

Quick question, do u think that a peacekeeping force can be impartial between the different sides ?

Doesn't there need to be a peace agreement first before any peacekeepers can come ?[/quote]

Ofcourse they won't be impartial. Remember when they came in '94? They would arm Omar Jees, then dismarm him, then arm Morgan then attack his forces with Aerial assults etc. It was crazy. Nevertheless they would act WAY more responsibly than Tigray forces, which means a better humanitarian situation in Xamar and its environs. Its not great but its definitely an upgrade against Oromo mercenaries who will you Tank fire without discretion.

Alluring
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alluring » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:13 pm

What we need to ponder on is how long would it take AW to drop his coffee and s*ck the toes of an Ethiopian elephant? If Ethiopia declared their wants to help Hawiye.

I say...less then 1 second.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:44 pm

Alluring,

Never I am not Majeerten who put their desire for power above Somalinimo, and even Islam.

*jr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *jr » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:46 pm

Who the fock needs UN peacekeeping anyway? they focking complicate things. Let the tigrey kill the hawiye without recourse.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:48 pm

[quote="*jr"]Who the fock needs UN peacekeeping anyway? they focking complicate things. Let the tigrey kill the hawiye without recourse.[/quote]

*jr,

Just be prepared when the Hawiye come to commit genocide on your qabiil.

Hutu style !

Young Royal
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Young Royal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:53 pm

[quote="Luq_Ganane"]^^

Gudhad, its you who doesn't sound like a true OG. By now everyone knows your just a moroon sheegato.

A/Wahab,

I don't think peacekeepers IF they were replacing Eithipian soldiers would be a bad thing. They would be under a stronger mandate to act somewhat responsibly. Personally I don't want to sound pessimistic but I think this is bad news. This means a dirt poor rouge nation like Eithiopia's presence in Somalia is now justified as they can say "We're filling the void until peacekeepers come"......Well those "peacekeepers will never come" so will they stay in Somalia forever?[/quote]

Exactly!!!

AW, this is bad news as far as I am concern...I don't know if you remember but the Ethiopians have been saying all along that they would be leaving Somalia the instant the needed peacekeepers arrive, I guess the Ethiopians are here for the long haul now given the United Nations Secretary-General statement.

In all honesty I in particular would have prefer peacekeepers over the Ethiopians since there is that hate relationship between us (Somalis) and them (Ethiopians) which has existed for as long as I could remember. Again your ilk has lost big time in the political arena and they have only themselves to blame. I say it’s about time your ilk learned to look by pass the Late Caydiid as a role model and look toward people like Martin Luther King for role models.

This is what guns produces:

http://www.shabellenews.com/images1/med5.jpg

...And 17 years of none-rest!

Come to the table please and please and please! The table is where a lasting peace lays, it where we could develop a sense of trust-hood, and it where we could learn to be neighbors again, but with the gun we could only grow further apart. The gun solves nothing because if it did we would have seen the result a long time ago. To my recollection the gun has always been the result of more bloodshed to the point where some of us (Somalis) now feel safe behind the Ethiopians. Sad, indeed, but it’s the truth.

The ball is in your ilk’s court today and all of Somalia knows it, I could only hope they make a wise decision.

Transformer
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Transformer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:27 pm

YoungRoyal, I wouldn’t be surprise if Abdihutu tells you to shelf that advise up your ass, if I were you I wouldn't be waste my time on people who will ignore the fact, he and the rest of his hutu knows that a lasting peace as you said could only be achieve by means of talk not gun still though they won’t admit to it, in other word, their brain dead.

I don’t blame you for trying though Laughing

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:10 am

[quote]Never I am not Majeerten who put their desire for power above Somalinimo, and even Islam.[/quote]

But you are Sacad so you would probably do that and on top of it, set up roadblocks and rob poor old ladies. Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.