Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HIJAB

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

HIJAB

Postby HELWAA » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:09 am

Salaam caleykum

HIJAB in light of the Quran and Sunnah

Evidences: The obligation of hijab

The wives of the Prophet used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (33:59) {Sahih Bukhari 1:148}

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (JALABIB) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. {Surah Al-Ahzab: Ayah 59}

NB: The arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that covers all a woman's body. It says here to use the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by all scholars)

'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces." {Sahih Bukhari 6:282}

Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin: When the verse "That they should cast their outer garments over their persons" was revealed, the women of Ansar came out as if they had crows over their heads by wearing outer garments. {Sunan Abu Dawud}

The lower half of the hijab is a garment that does not show the woman's figure. Jeans and certain obvious garments do not meet this requirement.

Narrated Dihyah ibn Khalifah al-Kalbi: The Apostle of Allah was brought some pieces of fine Egyptian linen and he gave me one and said: Divide it into two; cut one of the pieces into a shirt and give the other to your wife for veil. Then when he turned away, he said: And order your wife to wear a garment below it and not show her figure. {Sunan Abu Dawud}

Narrated Umm Atiyya: We were ordered to bring out our menstruating women and screened women to the religious gatherings and invocation of the Muslims on the two Eid festivals. These menstruating women were to keep away from the musalla. A woman asked, "O Messenger of Allah! What about one who does not have a jilbab?". He said, "Let her borrow the jilbab of her companion". {Sahih Bukhari 8:347}

Recommended Type of Garment
The female companions were known to wear black and dark colors (such as the hadith above, "crows on their heads"), but other colors are also permissible for a woman to wear. She must not wear any color, however, in vanity.

...'Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil ... {Sahih Bukhari 7.715}

that he had seen Um Kulthum, the daughter of Allah's Apostle (saaws), wearing a red silk garment. {Sahih Bukhari 7.733}

The Prophet (saaws) was given some clothes including a black Khamisa. The Prophet said, "To whom shall we give this to wear?" The people kept silent whereupon the Prophet said, "Fetch Um Khalid for me." I (Um Khalid) was brought carried (as I was small girl at that time). The Prophet took the Khamisa in his hands and made me wear it and said, "May you live so long that your dress will wear out and you will mend it many times." On the Khamisa there were some green or pale designs (The Prophet saw these designs) and said, "O Um Khalid! This is Sanah." (Sanah in a Ethiopian word meaning beautiful). {Sahih Bukhari 7.713}

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As: We came down with the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) from a turning of a valley. He turned his attention to me and I was wearing a garment dyed with a reddish yellow dye. He asked: What is this garment over you? I recognised what he disliked. I then came to my family who were burning their oven. I threw it (the garment) in it and came to him the next day. He asked: Abdullah, what have you done with the garment? I informed him about it. He said: Why did you not give it to one of your family to wear, for there is no harm in it for women.{Sunan Abu Dawud No 4055}

On the authority of Ad'Diya Al-Maqdisi, the prophet (SAW) said: "Any woman who perfumes herself and passes by some people that they smell her scent, then she is a Zaniyah (adulteress)."

wcs

Jimco wanaagsan. Very Happy

FAH1223
webmaster

Re: HIJAB

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:14 am

[quote="HELWAA"]

On the authority of Ad'Diya Al-Maqdisi, the prophet (SAW) said: "Any woman who perfumes herself and passes by some people that they smell her scent, then she is a Zaniyah (adulteress)."

wcs

Jimco wanaagsan. Very Happy[/quote]

Jumca wanaagsan

gee, i hope not Laughing

during my islamic history final exam earlier a sister passed by and i smelled a fragrance dunno if it was perfume Laughing

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:38 am

fah

It's true a women should't go out with parfum on.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:43 am

helwaa,

horte can u explain to me why its xaram for a man to smell your perfume. Is it because he will get sexualy aroused? Does that mean that whenever he goes to the fragrance counter at the department store and smells all that scent..he’s gonna go off right there. So basically I’m not really at fault if he smells my prada scent, it’s the damn prada bottle at fault right? Laughing

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:44 am

[quote="zulaika"]helwaa,

horte can u explain to me why its xaram for a man to smell your perfume. Is it because he will get sexualy aroused? Does that mean that whenever he goes to the fragrance counter at the department store and smells all that scent..he’s gonna go off right there. So basically I’m not really at fault if he smells my prada scent, it’s the damn prada bottle at fault right? Laughing[/quote]

LOL

subliminal!

i wasnt aroused, i had a test to take!

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:53 am

[quote="zulaika"]helwaa,

horte can u explain to me why its xaram for a man to smell your perfume. Is it because he will get sexualy aroused? Does that mean that whenever he goes to the fragrance counter at the department store and smells all that scent..he’s gonna go off right there. So basically I’m not really at fault if he smells my prada scent, it’s the damn prada bottle at fault right? Laughing[/quote]

zuli

Maadaama ninkii kaa fakarey is like you slept with him...simpel is that....that why we should't have parfum when we go in public because niman naag la'aan ko dhacdey baa aduunka ka buuxa Laughing

this is onther hadith who proofs that is not allowed
Abu Hurairah said that:

A woman passed by him smelling strongly of scent. He called to her: "O slave of the powerful, are you going to the mosque?" She said that she was. He said: "Go back and wash it off. I heard the Messenger of Allah (saws) say: 'Any woman who goes to the mosque wearing perfume will not have her prayer accepted by Allah; first she should go back home and have a bath [to wash it off].'"

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:25 am

helwaa,

it doesn't take a perfume for a man to form "thoughts" of me..sometimes they just look at me with x-ray vision and lord only knows what they are thinking..mind u these are complete strangers i've never met...so does that mean, every guy who looks at me and thinks dirty is somehow my fault? something doesn't add up here. i think the intention that i want to be smelled or looked at is the what counts here. if i splish splash perfume on meself thinking walle caawo midbaa trouble soo galinayaa then i'm at fault..laakin' if i like the scent and its for me..fock who smells it off of me.. Very Happy

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:33 am

[quote="zulaika"]helwaa,

it doesn't take a perfume for a man to form "thoughts" of me..sometimes they just look at me with x-ray vision and lord only knows what they are thinking..mind u these are complete strangers i've never met...so does that mean, every guy who looks at me and thinks dirty is somehow my fault? something doesn't add up here. i think the intention that i want to be smelled or looked at is the what counts here. if i splish splash perfume on meself thinking walle caawo midbaa trouble soo galinayaa then i'm at fault..laakin' if i like the scent and its for me..fock who smells it off of me.. Very Happy[/quote]

terrible logic down

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:34 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing ...zulaika ninkaaga kaliya cadar isku mari....your reply is perfect answer to this Q...WHY WÓMEN SHOULD WEAR HIJAAB?....Because other men should't be attracted to you....the only man you should attract with ur beauty and smell is ur HUSBAND.....but but...we cant help if other men dont lower their gaze...waxaad mooda inay ilkaha sare kugu eegayan marmarka qaarkood...acuudubilaah Shocked

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:52 am

Helwaa,

Horta Ilaahay ayaan markasta cafis weydiisanaynaa...Hase yeeshee, anigu qof baan ahayoo ma dayn karo Perfume ama aan guri joogo ama aan dibad aado...Ilaahayna wuu arkayaa qalbigeyga iyo niyaddayda... Sad Sad I just cann't.....Wixii kale ee Dembi waan iska ilaalin karaa...Qofku isu marin maayo carafta qof kale..It is for myself only...Don't you want inaad isu soo carafto when you are sleeping? I am sure diinteena waa neceb tahay dadka aan carfin...Waayo waxaan maqlay...Nebigeenii CSW wuxuu ugu jeclaa dunida Quraanka, haweenka iyo carafta... Confused

Qof soo qubeystey... koley wax wuu is marin...
Qof aan qubeysan dee waxba is marin maayo, hadduu ismariyana waa khasaare...

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:55 am

Kambuli

That is between you and allah.........laakin waad ogtahy hadi aad ku dhaqaaqdid wax aad ogtahy inay xaraan yehiin..it's a big sin.
Last edited by HELWAA on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:59 am

helwaa,

huuno, I do understand the notion of keep the goodies for my farax only and trust me, I’m not exactly flaunt it all type of gal, I’m actually quite low key so I don’t effort to garner other men’s attention. however what I have problem with is the notion that I gotta disappear so that some sick fock job doesn’t get into dambi by looking at me...fock that shid...that's his dambi, not mine..
that’s why u see arab dudes who got so used to the law shielding them from social temptations that they completely forget how to own discretion over their own desieres. and when they see a woman in public areas, even if she’s modestly dressed(meaning she’s not covered head-to-toa), those mothafockers all stand up….i’m not talking about on their feet. Laughing

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:08 am

Zulaika

Allah knows best...laakin waa inaa la iska ilaaliyo all FITNAH... Sad

You are right...wixi kuu soo eega isaga danbigiisa wayaan...IF you did't do anything to drow his attention to you...meaning you were dressed modest and lowered ur gaze with no smell ninka GAGABIYSAY Laughing Laughing Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.