Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Universal Tv

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Universal Tv

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:34 pm

King Of Awdal,

I don't know why but I would pay for it.

cabdallah252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby cabdallah252 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:46 pm

[quote="AbdiWahab252"]King Of Awdal,

I don't know why but I would pay for it.[/quote]

waste of money

unless you want to watch 9795 xawaalad commercials within 1 hour

yawle
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby yawle » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:20 am

[quote="LiQaaye_TDH"][quote="yawle"][quote="Kramer"]Its the only international Somali channel, you getta support it or otherwise, nobody else will.[/quote]

You can also watch the new Somaliland Satelite TV with the following settings. I've already done it and I've been watching it. But It only has programming for a few hours now, it is still on testing stage.

Setting for Somaliland TV:

Frequency 3600
Sample Rate 26662
FEC 3_ ama ( 3 Over 4)

Polarity Horizontal
VTID 769
ATID 770
PCRPID 769

If you already have Universal setup, then these settings should be straightforward to do.[/quote]

Man your a G wallahi, Thanks alot couz, i was gonna ask some one about this, i heard this from my cousin who went to burco they watch it, normally now its on the former RTD Jabuuti channel... but now its called (SLNTV)[/quote]

I got the details from TVSL Europe website and I just tried it out and voila!!! The SL TV Station was right infront of my own eyes... you should see I call all the family to watch it over and over again. Now I've setup a couple of other relatives who are also enjoying latest updates from Hargeisa on their Box. That is like WOWWWWWWWWWW :)

biko
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby biko » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:31 am

the ads are bloody too much; every time i hear DAHABSHIIL HA MOO...i get the urge to kick the focking tv of its stand!

other than that its ok.

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:27 am

LOOOL@ A-wahab his buqland supporters didnt even know he was arriving in London, The S- Landers on the other hand prepared Mudane Riyaales visit, i heard the Airport was full of Somaliland officials waiting while Casho Bijo came of the plane with his 3 Majareerten cousins....

Yawle: I could not find it on my sattelite , but im still searching.. are you telling me you watch it normally like we do bak home?

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:45 am

I saw one of the guys on a phone-in show get a verbal ass whoopin by a staunch somaliland-woman, made me laugh lol.

yawle
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby yawle » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:06 pm

[quote="LiQaaye_TDH"]LOOOL@ A-wahab his buqland supporters didnt even know he was arriving in London, The S- Landers on the other hand prepared Mudane Riyaales visit, i heard the Airport was full of Somaliland officials waiting while Casho Bijo came of the plane with his 3 Majareerten cousins....

Yawle: I could not find it on my sattelite , but im still searching.. are you telling me you watch it normally like we do bak home?[/quote]

Well, the station is still under testing. It has a very limited programming at the moment. Only 3 hours of tv in the afternoon... in all other times there is a static picture with the station's logo on display on the station with no music. I think they are still working on to put a lot more contents on the station.

The settings are exactly as I provided. If you have Universtal already setup, it shouldn't be difficult at all.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:29 pm

Liqaaye,

My cousin told me that Afbiijo was in a bad shape. He looked old, tired, ragged & homeless like a beggar in Oxford Circus while Dahir Riyaale was well dress, energetic and Presidential.

My cousin (whose mother is Dhulbahante) told me that her Habaryar was upset at seeing her Hero looking lifeless and wished he was not shown

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:33 pm

Universal TV is really improving now...well a little. Obviously they're light years away from being of the same quality as other normal channels but you gotta start somewhere I guess. They just need to learn how to edit and direct and they obviously need good sound engineers and programs.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.