Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A young Somali girl commits suicide in London

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Lord Diplock
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

A young Somali girl commits suicide in London

Postby Lord Diplock » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:10 am

A severely depressed Somali girl has killed herself at Southall train station in West London a week ago and she was buried yesterday. The depressing about this incident is how young the late girl was, less 20 years of age. This tragedy happened 3 weeks after another Somali woman hanged herself in this town. Bizarrely that deceased woman was a local Quran teacher.

Wtf is going on in our community? I thought suicide is a rare thing among our people?

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: A young Somali girl commits suicide in London

Postby galia » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:40 am

She's going straight to hell, sad.

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:42 am

All somali ills are tied to the prolonged political instability back home. If somalia was peaceful, many who are depressed would just back-up their bags and leave bro. I have heard of and seen a good number of mentally unstable somalis lately. Minnesota has somali owned homecare businesses where they care for the young mentally sick somalis. It is just too shocking.

This illness affects all somalis from all walks of life.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:42 am

sad

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:45 am

20% of the population of Hargeisa is mentally challenged. Its just that there arent any proper psychiatric institutions so they're free to walk the earth. I say its a combination of incest, Qaad and being outside in the heat of noon.

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:50 am

^ Why do you start Clan bashing in a thread where clan has nothing to do with it?

Many who log into this place are honestly rejects in every aspect of the word.

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:52 am

[quote="Gamadid."]All somali ills are tied to the prolonged political instability back home. If somalia was peaceful, many who are depressed would just back-up their bags and leave bro. I have heard of and seen a good number of mentally unstable somalis lately. Minnesota has somali owned homecare businesses where they care for the young mentally sick somalis. It is just too shocking.

This illness affects all somalis from all walks of life.[/quote]

I agree, last year i had problems with my studies because of the ethiopian invasion, i could not sit down and revise.

Lord Diplock
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Lord Diplock » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:54 am

[quote="abdi.ismail"]20% of the population of Hargeisa is mentally challenged. Its just that there arent any proper psychiatric institutions so they're free to walk the earth. I say its a combination of incest, Qaad and being outside in the heat of noon.[/quote]

please show some respect and refrain from any qabil talk in this thread, my aim is to discern why we are seeing more cases of suicide cases among Somalis in the diaspora?

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:59 am

[quote="galia}

I agree, last year i had problems with my studies because of the ethiopian invasion, i could not sit down and revise.[/quote]

Galia, I wouldn't be surprised. You are too much involved in somali issues and clan politics in particular. You need to marry soon and have babies :) taste life in a different way.

Take a break from politics for few months.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:03 am

[quote="Gamadid."]^ Why do you start Clan bashing in a thread where clan has nothing to do with it?

Many who log into this place are honestly rejects in every aspect of the word.[/quote]

WTF are u on? Did I mention a clan? You guys are paranoid. Its the case for all somalis, not just Hargeisa. Besides How can I nbash my own Clan? WTF?

WasteMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby WasteMan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:04 am

most somalis are mentally ill

Nivea_x
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Nivea_x » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 am

the young girl used to go secondary school and was probably younger then 16...and apparently used 2 get bullied.. but ilaahey knoes..

ilaahey haa uu naaxriisto

Alchemist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alchemist » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:13 am

Galia, you shouldnt be so quick to send muslims to hell... Yes its a major sin to commit suicide but Allah only knows whether a muslim will go to hell or be forgivin.

May Allah forgive her, amiin..

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:52 am

mabe she was mentally sick.
Allah yarham ha.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:54 am

[quote="Lord Diplock"][quote="abdi.ismail"]20% of the population of Hargeisa is mentally challenged. Its just that there arent any proper psychiatric institutions so they're free to walk the earth. I say its a combination of incest, Qaad and being outside in the heat of noon.[/quote]

please show some respect and refrain from any qabil talk in this thread, my aim is to discern why we are seeing more cases of suicide cases among Somalis in the diaspora?[/quote]
war inade bal o kadi
ismail sida trabilisy oguma dereyo
he is talking about what he saw.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.