Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arranged Marriages....

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Arranged Marriages....

Postby Cawar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Madd_Scientist_ wrote:Cawar-

Walaal, nowadays it's hard to find a decent hardworking somali guy (graduate), and trust me i've been looking everywhere :D , so if my parents/friends decide to hook me up i wouldnt mind. As long as i get the final say.... :up:

And u?

My mom is already driving me crazy.. :mrgreen:

Salaam GB congrats....I heard you got married :up:

xidigow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xidigow » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:41 pm

ms.nalia wrote:
xidigow wrote:If you went through 5 women...dont you think the problem is you not them???

Ms Nl,

I admit the 5, but they were all XALAAL...what about you?

Me? I cant relate bro :roll: ...Ive never been married.....[/quote]

Sis then there is no contest between us, I am pro. and you are amateur.

ms.nalia
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: I have no laction, Im a free agent of the Universe..

Postby ms.nalia » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:47 pm

xidigow wrote:
ms.nalia wrote:
xidigow wrote:If you went through 5 women...dont you think the problem is you not them???

Ms Nl,

I admit the 5, but they were all XALAAL...what about you?

Me? I cant relate bro :roll: ...Ive never been married.....

Sis then there is no contest between us, I am pro. and you are amateur.[/quote]

I find it sad how you claim to be a pro (and seem proud) when it comes to being a failure....you're aboslutley right theres no contest, Im not a failure and dont plan on to be one either....

:roll:

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Thu May 01, 2008 4:42 am

WasteMan wrote:^ thats the islamic way--u can know eachother in marriage :up:

arranged marriages for girls :up:

boys can choose :up:

I know it's the islamic way and it could work for some pple laakin xiligan ayno joogno it would never work...it has been three divorces just this month in my city and all of them was arranged....Aduunko sidi hore oo ahaan jiray mahaa dadki dhaqankoodi wuu is badley, diinti way ku yaraatey dadka badankooda...dad badan dhaqankii gaalada ayey qaateen oo wax yaalo badan o dadki hore ay sameen jirin bay bilaabeen...marka khilaaf badan baa dhacay iyo is af garansho waa...marka waxa la qaatey inay dadko aad isku bartaan marka hore oo is dabaceed bartaan...oo laga wada hadlo wax yaalo fara badan intaaney sheekado guur gaarin.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Thu May 01, 2008 9:42 am

some people just don't know what's good for them..even if it hits them in the head..

arranged marriages are a mix bag of nuts..it entails good and bad.. but ultimately it would take an open minded individual to explore its potential.

maria from west side
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby maria from west side » Thu May 01, 2008 11:00 am

AbdiWahab252 wrote:Arranged marriages are the way to go :up:

Hooyo knows best :up:

Marriage is not strictly about "love" The love ends quickly when reality sets in. Get the duco of your parents before you marry.

Well that's the way u think now, wait untill your hoyo find u an ugly girl (fat, shourt and dark)....Good luck.

laila2008

Postby laila2008 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 am

I find that insecure people who can't get date tend to go for arranged marriage specially the men more then the woman.

Never seen gorgeous people needed help from their parents for marriage

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Thu May 01, 2008 11:14 am

laila2008 wrote:I find that insecure people who can't get date tend to go for arranged marriage specially the men more then the woman.

Wager adna ma taasa la shir timi :?

Madd_Scientist_
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Madd_Scientist_ » Thu May 01, 2008 11:20 am

laila2008 wrote:I find that insecure people who can't get date tend to go for arranged marriage specially the men more then the woman.

That's not true.

laila2008

Postby laila2008 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:23 am

i'm just stating the facts

People ask for arranged marriage when they can't get mates on their own. They need the help of their relatives, family etc like blind dates. Gorgeous people don't need the help to hook up their look automatically attracts everyone to them therefore have the choice of brushing them off or continuing in taking to the next level.

From experience every girl that I've seen who wanted arranged marriage are either ugly, fat, insecure, old, un-educated or have highschool diploma, are not allowed to go out either due to culture or religion reason. and therefore need the help from their parents or relatives to meet someone. Same goes to men.

xidigow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xidigow » Thu May 01, 2008 11:26 am

Cawar wrote:

Walaal, nowadays it's hard to find a decent hardworking somali guy (graduate), and trust me i've been looking everywhere :D , so if my parents/friends decide to hook me up i wouldnt mind. As long as i get the final say.... :up:

And u?

Mad-scientist,

Adeer waan kuu soo dcueynayaa in ilaahey mid kheyrqabo, oo diinta ku wanaagsan, oo wax bartay, oo shaqeysta, (ileen waa mashaakil haduu wax bartay oo aanu shaqa haysane) oo aan balwad laheyn, oo kaa daba dhaca, oo aan adiga mooyee cid kale indhaha ku taagin, in ilaahey si sahlan kuugu soo diro..Aaamiiiiiiin..waar hooriya dee aamiinta maxaa idinka khaldan :up:

Madd_Scientist_
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Madd_Scientist_ » Thu May 01, 2008 11:30 am

laila2008 wrote:i'm just stating the facts

People ask for arranged marriage when they can't get mates on their own. They need the help of their relatives, family etc like blind dates. Gorgeous people don't need the help to hook up their look automatically attracts everyone to them therefore have the choice of brushing them off or continuing in taking to the next level.

From experience every girl that I've seen who wanted arranged marriage are either ugly, fat, insecure, old, un-educated or have highschool diploma, are not allowed to go out either due to culture or religion reason. and therefore need the help from their parents or relatives to meet someone. Same goes to men.

None of those apply to me my dear, just waiting for the perfect guy (in my eyes) and if my parents or friends want to help me out then why not? At the end of the day i've got the right to say No.

Madd_Scientist_
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Madd_Scientist_ » Thu May 01, 2008 11:32 am

xidigow wrote:
Cawar wrote:

And u?

Mad-scientist,

Adeer waan kuu soo dcueynayaa in ilaahey mid kheyrqabo, oo diinta ku wanaagsan, oo wax bartay, oo shaqeysta, (ileen waa mashaakil haduu wax bartay oo aanu shaqa haysane) oo aan balwad laheyn, oo kaa daba dhaca, oo aan adiga mooyee cid kale indhaha ku taagin, in ilaahey si sahlan kuugu soo diro..Aaamiiiiiiin..waar hooriya dee aamiinta maxaa idinka khaldan :up:

:lol: :lol:

Amiin.... That's about all i understood... so AMIIIIIIIIN adeer!!!

Same to you mate! :up:

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:47 am

laila2008 wrote:i'm just stating the facts

:lol: :lol:

Talk about an over-generalization. There are so many "gorgeous" people who are depressed and lonely, who can't even get a spouse even in our own Somali community.

ms.nalia
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: I have no laction, Im a free agent of the Universe..

Postby ms.nalia » Thu May 01, 2008 11:50 am

Madd_Scientist

And u?[/quote][/quote]

I totally agree with you dude (cept from a woman's prespective). So many ppl have hidden agenda's and you really dont know what to beleive anymore. I can probably count how many men have just kinda brushed me off either b/c A)Im very opinonated B) I have an amazing job and make lots of $$ (hence they think Im "high maitenance") C) I grew up with boys, so boys I hang out with and I get em like in brotherly way but they get intimidated ya know....anywho...I get ya!

[quote="laila2008 wrote:
I find that insecure people who can't get date tend to go for arranged marriage specially the men more then the woman.

I kind of agree with you...but good looking sucessful women have a hard time landing mr. right too....I would know from first hand exprience.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.