Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Educated Somali Sisters

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gacalisa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Educated Somali Sisters

Postby Gacalisa » Tue May 06, 2008 9:52 pm

in this kind of situation its not the somali girls that are at fault..its the guys, because truth be told there are not a lot of somali guys that are educated. And if you want to marry a somali guy then you get stuck with a loser. African American women too have this problem. and its just bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexmark
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Lexmark » Tue May 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Gacalisa wrote:in this kind of situation its not the somali girls that are at fault..its the guys, because truth be told there are not a lot of somali guys that are educated. And if you want to marry a somali guy then you get stuck with a loser. African American women too have this problem. and its just bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!

at my school its about 50/50, BUT the somali guys are in the hard programs like engineering and sciences....most chicks are in art related programs ( sociology, media etc)...

To tell you the truth a lot of these chicks use the exuse that somali guys are useless and uneducated in order to marry non somalis....but the sad part is these woman end up marry blue collar workers.

and the somali dudes that marry ajanabis are niggers...simple as that...niggers, while the xalimos are self hating dhilos ( the ones that marry ajanabis)

I hate nothing more than seeing a somali married to an ajanabi....

Gacalisa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gacalisa » Tue May 06, 2008 10:53 pm

I didnt say that this is an excuse for marrying non somalis, I simply stated what I observed!!!

Lexmark
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Lexmark » Tue May 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Gacalisa wrote:I didnt say that this is an excuse for marrying non somalis, I simply stated what I observed!!!

where do you live where most somali men are uneducated?

Gacalisa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gacalisa » Tue May 06, 2008 10:59 pm

Columbus.....there not all uneducated, but many seem to be just not there yet. but hey dont take my word for it, mabye i live in a box that does not give a light to the world.

snowflakes821
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby snowflakes821 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:01 pm

It depends on which city you live. Some cities there is a pretty even balance between the number of educated Somali guys and Somali women and in others, the women are largely represented.

If you grew up in the West, there is no excuse in not getting an education. We're African, muslim and as a result we have to work twice as hard as others.

SummerRain
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SummerRain » Tue May 06, 2008 11:02 pm

Wax kasto wa amaar ilaahaye. I doubt there is someone who works hard to further himself that wants to marry or end up with a loser. However, no one is perfect and I good loving couple will try their best to overcome all obstacles to balance their life and bridge their deficiencies. With that said, the level of education does not make a marriage/relationship work PEOPLE.

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Wed May 07, 2008 6:23 am

snowflakes821 wrote:It depends on which city you live. Some cities there is a pretty even balance between the number of educated Somali guys and Somali women and in others, the women are largely represented.

for saying that ^ LONDON is the wors city to live in the somali men in london 99% are loosers. i aint even lying but i hate london. somalis there gave us bad name.(london) they are proper lost idoit.s. they have no education, good job (s). just bunch of loosers standing in front of shops from dawn to dusk. day in day out. i feel so angry with somali men in london!!! they have no shame. one time i saw one drinking alcohol at the bus stop. north, east, south or west london all the same. for every 100 somali men at least 89 of them are loosers with no jobs. just chewing, smoking getting into fights, and whats worse they even drink alcohol. NO SHAME. walahi no matter how bad a somali girl/women are.they all work and go to uni or college. do something in between 9am-5pm.i feel so shame when im walking next to them somalis men walahi. LONDON is the worst city live in and its the worst city to marry a guy from. now i know why all my frinds marry guys from briminhgam, liverpool, cardiff, manchester and bristol. somali boys/men in london need to be deported back asap. walahi they are halaag socda oo caga leh

SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 934 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:34 am

" one time i saw one drinking alcohol at the bus stop."

:lol: :lol:

Surrender put down the pipe sis!

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Wed May 07, 2008 6:47 am

934 wrote:" one time i saw one drinking alcohol at the bus stop."

:lol: :lol:

Surrender put down the pipe sis!

:roll:
war waad dhimateen. nimanka reer london oow. go commit suicide

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Wed May 07, 2008 7:32 am

i dont really like this term 'educated' :? ..what does it mean..that people are of more worth because of spending 4 years being institutionalised in a university setting?..whats all this obsession with marrying ppl with degrees horta ??..how is an educated person better than ..lets say...a farmer who makes good money, owns his land/farm houses and knows how to read and write and knows his diin?? Will the sisters automatically cross that man out because he is not a 'graduate'? This is really troubling wallahi :?

One can be successful and reasonably educated/knowledgable with out going to university..havent you ppl heard of 'The University of Life'...and sisters who choose husbands based on such shallow criteria are quite simply...misguided by society.
Last edited by Enlightened~Sista on Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

qudhac-m
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby qudhac-m » Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 am

Baansiin wrote:If you visit any North American or European Schools, every 10 Somalis you see atleast 7-8 are girls. And these girls brag about thier education. For exablme just take look at SNET; Which is 100% good. However, what i have hugh problem is, after they finish schools. They hook up with looser and after 3-4 kids they end up in the walfare line (believe me there are alot of them). So, My question is, if you biulding your life to be the best, why are you (girls) settling down for the least? waxaa kaaga sii daran masaakiintii aanwaxba baran ayaad linkii cayrta ku ciriirineysaan? wz up with tha?

you need to be Educated in order for you to end up like them

it calls THE SOMALI WAY :lol: :lol: :lol:

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Wed May 07, 2008 7:56 am

You have to realize that marriage is not about education levels.As long as both people are respectful of each other,the relationship will work no matter uneducated the other person is.

ms.nalia
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: I have no laction, Im a free agent of the Universe..

Postby ms.nalia » Wed May 07, 2008 8:05 am

Enlightened~Sista wrote:i dont really like this term 'educated' :? ..what does it mean..that people are of more worth because of spending 4 years being institutionalised in a university setting?..whats all this obsession with marrying ppl with degrees horta ??..how is an educated person better than ..lets say...a farmer who makes good money, owns his land/farm houses and knows how to read and write and knows his diin?? Will the sisters automatically cross that man out because he is not a 'graduate'? This is really troubling wallahi :?

One can be successful and reasonably educated/knowledgable with out going to university..havent you ppl heard of 'The University of Life'...and sisters who choose husbands based on such shallow criteria are quite simply...misguided by society.

When we say we want an educated man....he doesnt necessarliy have to have a PHD in something....rather is knowledgable that we can carry on a very inellectual conversation without feeling like they're way in over their heads. But the reason us women say we want a graduate is because a graduate from a university is MORE LIKELY to be educated and well versed in a specific area which would be his chosen feild and more likely to want to learn. While a non-graduate is more a gamble. Its basic statistics hun. Would I take the gamble of not knowing or take a sure thing? And honestly, why wouldnt we want someone who went through the same educational realm as us? Whats wrong with wanting that?
At the end of the day, its his/her progative right.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Wed May 07, 2008 8:17 am

It really doesnt matter..and shouldnt matter sis..if the man can provide for all your reasonable needs..Why should you ignore such a person because they dont have 'degrees'

Many people here have great livelihoods and they have never stepped inside a university..almost all have been through school however...and lets remember some people are more adapted to work with their hands..be practical etc..and sitting in a lecture hall listening to lectures and jotting down notes might not be their thing..and thus will not succeed in that way..

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.