Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dating before aroos

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Abdiqani-G

Dating before aroos

Postby Abdiqani-G » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:38 am

I know somali and islam dhaqan and sharci is to go to the parents of a girl and ask her hand or the chance to get to know her...but does this apply in presentdat too?

For example, lets say u know a girl (around 18) she is still in school, u are too in school around the same age category u talk on msn etc and occasionaly link up...ofcourse behind the parents back....

wht i dont understand is why this sort of innocent dating is taboe for us somalis? for example, lets say a person that knowes her family sees us just walking and talking outside....and this persons goes to the family, it will cause dramma..........i wonder why?

Ladies care to explain to us poor faaraxs on the right procedure to follow? :lol: Talking/seeing each other behind the parents while doing nothing haram...is bad? or normal depending on circumstances?

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Dating before aroos

Postby HELWAA » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 am

Well Abdi let say you have a daughter and she wants to date behind ur back...Would you allow her to do that?...is't ok for you that some skinny faarax oo dhidid wayn inuu kolba luuq la galo? :mrgreen:

The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The-Screw » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:47 am

would you buy a car without test driving it or without a carfax report? i didn't think so, dude...screen the chick for all the crazy xalimo symptoms before you take her to your mom.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 am

Abdiqani-G wrote:I know somali and islam dhaqan and sharci is to go to the parents of a girl and ask her hand or the chance to get to know her...but does this apply in presentdat too?

For example, lets say u know a girl (around 18) she is still in school, u are too in school around the same age category u talk on msn etc and occasionaly link up...ofcourse behind the parents back....

wht i dont understand is why this sort of innocent dating is taboe for us somalis? for example, lets say a person that knowes her family sees us just walking and talking outside....and this persons goes to the family, it will cause dramma..........i wonder why?

Ladies care to explain to us poor faaraxs on the right procedure to follow? :lol: Talking/seeing each other behind the parents while doing nothing haram...is bad? or normal depending on circumstances?

shariciga islaamku wuuxu dhiigaya nin iyo naag aan is qabbin isku ma doo dhawana karra hadaad doonaysiid inad qof barratiid qof kalle soo kaxaysoo because shaydaanka idinku sadexaad aah

Abdiqani-G

Postby Abdiqani-G » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 am

the usual duaghter-sister story. Wll if my sister or daughter would talk on the phone and occasionaly drink thee or cofee with a guy who is at least educated, has job, and is good to her...i would invite the guy out and stimulate them to go to the next level :up:

Anyways, helwaa what is your story...so u never talked to a guy on the phone...or msn...or u never have 1 cofee with a guy behind the back of your parents?

Firefly
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Underneath the apple tree, at one with nature's beauty.

Postby Firefly » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:50 am

The-Screw wrote:would you buy a car without test driving it or without a carfax report? i didn't think so, dude...screen the chick for all the crazy xalimo symptoms before you take her to your mom.

How can you compare a woman to a piece of machinery? What are the "crazy xalimo symptoms"?

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:51 am

Abdiqani-G wrote:the usual duaghter-sister story. Wll if my sister or daughter would talk on the phone and occasionaly drink thee or cofee with a guy who is at least educated, has job, and is good to her...i would invite the guy out and stimulate them to go to the next level :up:

Anyways, helwaa what is your story...so u never talked to a guy on the phone...or msn...or u never have 1 cofee with a guy behind the back of your parents?

kanni waba dayuus ma inantiina baad nin uu keenii lahayd

My sister is married siidii luu guursaday guriigeeda maan tagiin ka warran , war wuxu dhaqan xummma

Abdiqani-G

Postby Abdiqani-G » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:53 am

The-Screw wrote:would you buy a car without test driving it or without a carfax report? i didn't think so, dude...screen the chick for all the crazy xalimo symptoms before you take her to your mom.

i hope u mean non-sexual ''testdriving'' cuz the word sounds so sexual.

but it seems like u understand my case..u need to screen her, date with her, talk with her, and be with her for some time before u advance to the official way of going to parents asking for permission to get to know her etc....cause once u go this way people automatically assume u will marry (once the greenlight is given ofcourse).

Naaima
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Vision, imagination and leadership make a succesful business BUT above all it's a team effort!

Postby Naaima » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:53 am

Salam alaikum

everytime you go out with a abaayo halimo behind her parents back you are betraying them and abayao halimo betraying her parents when she sneaks out from behind their back to see her aboowe farah....i do always tell my brother that i blah blah blah with ina hebel :lol: i... no worries somali from paparazzi mamas 8)

Abdiqani-G

Postby Abdiqani-G » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:54 am

My sister is married siidii luu guursaday guriigeeda maan tagiin ka warran

how rude...so weligaa ma soo salaamin your sister and brother-in-law? How rude and unislamic to not visit the ones close to u.

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 am

Abdiqani-G wrote:the usual duaghter-sister story. Wll if my sister or daughter would talk on the phone and occasionaly drink thee or cofee with a guy who is at least educated, has job, and is good to her...i would invite the guy out and stimulate them to go to the next level :up:

My story Is none of ur busin but one thing is for sure i would never jepordize my reputation for a simpel farax.

The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The-Screw » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 am

b/c these are the times we live in and i didn't make the rules, chivalry died centuries ago.

Abdiqani-G

Postby Abdiqani-G » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:56 am

Naaima wrote:Salam alaikum

everytime you go out with a abaayo halimo behind her parents back you are betraying them and abayao halimo betraying her parents when she sneaks out from behind their back to see her aboowe farah....i do always tell my brother that i blah blah blah with ina hebel :lol: i... no worries somali from paparazzi mamas 8)

so what your story naima? Have u ever talked to a guy on the phone? on Msn? had one coffee with? walked innocently on the street while talking?

be honest.

Abdiqani-G

Postby Abdiqani-G » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:58 am

My story Is none of ur busin but one thing is for sure i would never jepordize my reputation for a simpel farax.

What if this is not a ''simple faarax'' but the one that makes u happy and is the one who'll make u happy once the deal is settled? Would u take the risk?

Abdiqani-G

Postby Abdiqani-G » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:59 am

The-Screw wrote:b/c these are the times we live in and i didn't make the rules, chivalry died centuries ago.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Thats what I mean....we need to use our brains.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.