Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A half Hungarian, half Somali, From Mogadishu to Budapest

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

A half Hungarian, half Somali, From Mogadishu to Budapest

Postby American-Suufi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:12 pm

From Mogadishu to Budapest: A refugee's journey to EU citizenship

The young woman has also discovered a whole new set of relatives since being resettled last month with UNHCR help in the land of her father, a Hungarian national who made a life for himself in Somalia until his murder by gunmen in Mogadishu in 2005.

Read

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdes ... da21e2.htm

Abtiga
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: A half Hungarian, half Somali, From Mogadishu to Budapest

Postby Abtiga » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:18 pm

The only half-Somali I have ever seen with Somali resemblance. Visit this other link here http://www.unhcr.sk/index.php?option=co ... 1&Itemid=2 to see her shopping and hugging her brother who was reunited with her in Budapest.

She looks like the average Xamdi :lol:

Lexmark
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Lexmark » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 pm

she looks jareer...Its obvious her mother was some sort of bantu hybrid or non ethnic somali and wtf was a white dude doing in somalia for the past 19 years?

surria
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby surria » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:46 pm

what a racist f-ers these unhcr people are. I mean, good for the family that they are getting help and all, but please, why give them especial preference just because there is some gaal blood in the picture. They said taht 190 000 people are in dadab, and i'm sure among them are people who have been there for years, maybe even for a decade, yet they hear that there is a mixed european family in the camp and BAM, work the case ASAP.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:48 am

My nieghbour back in sydney happened to be hungarian married toa philpina.
by some amazing coincidence he lived in xamar for 7 years and spoke somali..
another coincidense when my father came to visit, when they ran into each other

they both exclaimed jaale and started hugging each other..
WTF!!

aparently they were friends way back in the 70's xamar...

we live in a really small world.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 am

She looks somali/Ethio though, not mixed at all.

My high school teacher was hungarian and he had half somali cousins, and he said they looked more hungarian than somali *dark hair and greeny eyes*.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:36 am

[quote="Lexmark"]she looks jareer...Its obvious her mother was some sort of bantu hybrid or non ethnic somali and wtf was a white dude doing in somalia for the past 19 years?[/quote]

i know her her hungarian father and saw him back 2001 in mogadishu and her mother was etnic somali from leeylakase darood qabiil. and her father was muslim hungarian man who lived mogadishu despite the civil war.

and she dont look different than other somalis who mixed whit white people. because somalis are black people like any other blacks,dispite some somalis think they are som kind of arab and if they mix whit white person then their children will look like 100% WHITE.

American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby American-Suufi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:58 am

surria wrote:what a racist f-ers these unhcr people are. I mean, good for the family that they are getting help and all, but please, why give them especial preference just because there is some gaal blood in the picture. They said taht 190 000 people are in dadab, and i'm sure among them are people who have been there for years, maybe even for a decade, yet they hear that there is a mixed european family in the camp and BAM, work the case ASAP.

The father is Hungarian therfore the Hungarian government wants to protect their citizens that is why they gave her an automatic Hungarian citizenship. No one wants Somali refugees.

Lex, how do you come to the Bantu conclussion? Did you see the pictiure of Puntland president?
Why did the dad stay in Somalia? Good question.
Last edited by American-Suufi on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:01 am

Well said Yallaxoow :up:

btw she looks somali to me...there are some who come out looking more white..some who come out in the middle and some who look more black..it all depends. I once saw this somali man with his half white kids...the kids mashallah very cute but they didnt look like the father at all..you could say they were white kids with a slight tan..they even had blonde/light brown hair and light coloured eyes..I kinda felt sorry for the man..the worst thing for me is to have kids who look nothing like me.

Lexmark why do you always judge people whom you have never met? wallahi sidan sii isu dhaan :down:

Arsenal_Man
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arsenal_Man » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:08 am

people will think you kidnapped some white kids :lol:

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:12 am

or worse..if u know what i mean :?

Arsenal_Man
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arsenal_Man » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:13 am

Enlightened~Sista wrote:or worse..if u know what i mean :?

staqfirrullah :lol:

American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby American-Suufi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 am

I will contact Raage Omar of Al-Jazeerah to see if he can take on this family's case. Interesting topic. Imagine the cross-cultural issues the family will face in Hungary without the father?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.