Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arab boy laughs to hear My Arab descent!!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
salafi_student
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Arab boy laughs to hear My Arab descent!!

Postby salafi_student » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:47 pm

surrender wrote:salafi_student walalo im 7 pages late. but do you actually believe Somalis are arabs? or descended from arab?

Yeah, I always believed I was Arab by descent my family like wise, interestingly recently I came across few Arabs who changed my mind - may be they were ignorant I thought! and left it there. I also came across some black people who thought Somalis are not black and we Somalis have robed the Horn of Africa from the Bantus who were there before we arrived from the middle east.

Suggestion was made here in this thread that to divide Somalis into two types; Non-Arabs and Arabs, which I found it absurd because in real life and in the eyes of others we are seen as one people that cannot be separated in those lines - and in saying that we came to agreement that intermarriages made it difficult to have a pure Arabs among us in the Horn.

To say

We are Black by race

We are Arabs by race

If one is picked then it would conflict with our race/ethnicity one or the other!

I just see ambiguity, we should only stick with ONE..............
Last edited by salafi_student on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chimini

Postby chimini » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:53 pm

I KNOW THAT YOU ARE ONLY DISCUSSING THE DAROODS AND HAWIYE AND ISAAQ AND OTHER

CAN YOU TELL ME THE ANCESTORS OF THE SOUTHER SOMALIS

THE DIGIL AND MIRIFLE

AS THEY ARE QUITE DIFFERENT FROM SOMALI IN THE NORTH

AND WHERE DID THEY COME FROM

THE SPEAK THE MAAY DIALECT OF SOMLAI

THEY RESIDE IN BAIDOWA AND BARAWE

AND OTHER CITYS IN THE NORTH

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:54 pm

what difference does it make you are from Shabeele , the lightest people from there are few reer xamar, the rest is very shiny dark with oily skinne.

Wether Americans classifies Arab as white or as blue it matters little beyond their border, of course Arabs are closer to europeans in color ans somalis to African in color, its matter of geography it has nothing todo with genetics, look at the Omanis they are darker then Arabs from Syria, its all about locations and geography.

I fact one can argue Europeans are not white but rather pink the color of the snot of pigs, Porteguees and Swedish are not from the same color , one is pink and the other is redish brown.

Color doesn't determine race , its very realtive concept, and to call somalis niggers , it indicates your sick mentaliy been a minority Galadi or what ever you still harbor that inferiority complex against the majore other somali clans.

I have seen the likes of you and the Raxanweyn they always whine about few habar gidir and seem to blame the entire somali clans on their misfortune during the civil wars.

Somalis have aquline featuers and staright hair , a fact that negates anything of negroid back ground even so called Africans would let you know that fact on sight.

salafi,

Lets apply the same formula to the Arabs are they white or black?? of course they are more white then black, so can one conclude since they are white they must have come from Europe?? of course not, see how one can be a color and can be compeletly from different ethnic groups.

Each somali clan has his own seprate origin , there was no concept called Somalia before the 1600's , all somali clan considered themselves a nation with unique origin , be that origin myth or reality.

chmini,

Raxanweyn or Digil and Mirfle are not singular clans, they are a collection of somali clans who adopted farming , one can find almost any somali clan be it Isaaq, Hawiye or Daarood within the Raxanweyn.There might be less then 10% original Digile and Mirifle clans , its well known fact that 90% of Raxanweyn are a collection of clans that adopted farming and made some sort of union wih eatch outer hundered of years ago.
Last edited by X.Playa on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CUSHITE KINGDOM
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CUSHITE KINGDOM » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:56 pm

X.Playa wrote:A man writting what he saw in east Africa in 10th century is called HISTORY my freind, who told you were Cushite?? some book right? or you just dreamt the word up.!!

Some of these books were written in the 10th century and 12th century, long before this "somali" you talk about even existed. Some of the authores wrote about contemprary men such the case of Mohammed Xasan Al-Basri who accompined sheekh Isxaq from Mokha Yemen to Zaylac Ethopia.

Are we going to argue that he was a liar from 1182 A.D, if thats the caste, one should argue all Human History was just an opinion of some men,.

x.playa as much as i would like to believe what your writing but it just doesnt add up.
if this guy you al-basri accompanied sheekh Isxaq from Mokha Yemen to Zaylac, then surely the author has met the sheekh's people, i mean if one is to make a claim to something then surely he has evidence to back it up, so what im saying is the sheekh didnt pop out of nowhere, so where is his siblings and if he doesnt have any where is his people.

so many somali clans claim to come from abu talib, to me thats a powerful claim, so if people that number in millions can not show any proof then i would say their claim is false.

the word cush is well documented as being a kingdom that not only ruled east africa but also egypt itself. you got nubians, oromos,afar and counless of other ethnic people that resemble somalis so much yet somalis think their are of a different race.

salafi_student
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby salafi_student » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:04 pm

CUSHITE KINGDOM wrote: so many somali clans claim to come from abu talib, to me thats a powerful claim, so if people that number in millions can not show any proof then i would say their claim is false.

I've heard some black Nigerians claim to be Quraish!!!

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:04 pm

X.Playa wrote:what difference does it make you are from Shabeele , the lightest people from there are few reer xamar, the rest is very shiny dark with oily skinne.

Wether Americans classifies Arab as white or as blue it matters little beyond their border, of course Arabs are closer to europeans in color ans somalis to African in color, its matter of geography it has nothing todo with genetics, look at the Omanis they are darker then Arabs from Syria, its all about locations and geography.

I fact one can argue Europeans are not white but rather pink the color of the snot of pigs, Porteguees and Swedish are not from the same color , one is pink and the other is redish brown.

Color doesn't determine race , its very realtive concept, and to call somalis niggers , it indicates your sick mentaliy been a minority Galadi or what ever you still harbor that inferiority complex against the majore other somali clans.

I have seen the likes of you and the Raxanweyn they always whine about few habar gidir and seem to blame the entire somali clans on their misfortune during the civil wars.

Somalis have aquline featuers and staright hair , a fact that negates anything of negroid back ground even so called Africans would let you know that fact on sight.

LOOOOOOOL, what inferiority complex could I possibly have, when I have more history then most clans :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways, I look like any other Somali, with curly hair.

chimini

Postby chimini » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:12 pm

shrib and any others who know about somali

history

where did the digil and mirifle

people in southern come from

are they oromo

or wat

or somali

did they come from ethipia

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Cush?? is from the Bible its a biblical myth that goes back to one of the sons of Noa namely Ham, and Ham the father of the cursed balcks as the bible says was the father of Cush who founded most of southern Arabian civilizations and also Egypt.

So my freind thats more of a lousy myth to defend then some somalis been from Arab ancestory, Maxamed Xasan Al Basri of course wrote about the genealogy of sheekh Isxaaq and his distant relative and sheekh Isxaaqs sons in Xabasha in the 12th century, thats historical fact from a contempraray man, tell me why should i beleive iam decended from the cursed son of Noah 1000 years before Mohamed and not from Ali which we have a record of.?

We are talking about 1000 years ago almost and its quite natural that a man who existed 1000 years ago could have decendant who number in few millions by 1000 years later. Genkis Khan has a decendan of 50 millions today and he only lived 800 years ago.

There are around 50 million decendant of Abu Talib world wide 4 million alone in Indonsia and Yemen of the same family, and that is from a man who lived 500 years before both Isaaq and Daarood , so if he had by now 50 million why not is it possible some men from the 700 Hijra and from 500 Hijra couldn't have fathered 6 million.I don't see any plausible argument from your part beyond negating historical records with no evidence.

There are Turkish, Indians, Sudanes, Afghans decendant of the house of the prophet who don't speak a word of Arabic beside the Quran.

This isn't unique to somalis , if you quite this Cush son of Bantu son Of Ham whom the bible curses as a servant and make enough resarch you would find out that almost 90% of the somali legends are true.
Last edited by X.Playa on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chimini

Postby chimini » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:15 pm

are the digil and mirifle people oromo

thats the question i wanted to ask

coz we sure dont look arab

i dont know if we came from ethipia

highlands

and we are different from other clans in somalia

tunni digil mirifle

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 pm

chimini

Most all Somali's look alike. Some are more light skinned then others but none the less they all have the same features

Where did we come from, we've always been here. Some migration from Ethiopian low lands but we've been here for the most part.

As for Arab decendant thing, we have those tales too.

CUSHITE KINGDOM
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CUSHITE KINGDOM » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:48 pm

all im saying is cush is well documented, the word is mentioned alot in many places but
the egyptians one is more accurate nubians earliest history does mention trades being made with the egyptians. the whole Ham thing i wouldnt know.

when nabi ibrahim married an egyptian servant girl named hagar, he had a child with her
and the childs name is ismael its mention in the quran, the torah and the bible, as a test
he was told to take hagar and the child ismael away and you know the rest.

3 different kinds of arab

1. Ancient Arabs( all gone)
2. Pure Arabs ( ones the populated yemen)
3. Arabized Arabs(the Quraish)

most arabs come from the third one but civilization in existed in africa way before the formation arabized arabs.

you say the sheekh is from yemen which would mean he is pure arab but you say the sheekh descended from abu talib. just doesnt make sense?????????

1000 years thats not a long time 1 mens offsprings cant not number in millions with in that time period

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:59 pm

salafi_student walalo we somalis live and reisde in africa, makes sense that we ARE african. anybody asks i say im somali. i had this debate with my arab mate. he was fuking freaking thinking that somalis are arabs and that we got our beauty from them. :o :roll:

its just sad that we (still) to this say somalis orgin are in question. i think its somathing to do with our education.

had we written our history from time back, i think the answer would be easier, :(

thats why we need to educate ourselves and write our history, so the next generation, and the one after (even the one after that.) can know who we are.
:D

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Cushite,

You are an amature reader, the word Cush came from the Bible and western historians applied that term to Dark/black civilizations, there is no Cush legend or myth in Egypt its all wetsern mambo jumbo.

Also the Europeans adopted the term Arians from the same biblical legend the son of Noah and also Sam or Semtic to refer to the jews and arabs. These are all man-made and applied terms . And then from their they used the same terms to aply to the language of these pepole, Somali/Oromo/Egyptian became Cushitic langauge and later Afro-Asiatic to distingush them from the rest of Africa where the sounds "kh, Q, Xa, Ca," do no exist.

There is no record of all these gibbrish before the European expansion in the 1600 , then the Europeans made the world in their own image and according to their interest be it religious or supramacy.

For example the term Cacusian to refer to white people was coined by German in his book Race in late 1600 , then the tallest mountians on earth were the Cacause out of arrogance this German claimed that the white race was born/originated on top of the world and hence these Cacusian term Black people throw around not even knowing its silly origin. And, Cush or Ham or Sam is no different its silly terms with no archeological base.

To have come from Yemen means he was born in Yemen, it doesn't mean his father or grand father was , it was only him Isxaaq who was born in Yemen after his father came to Yemen in 580 Hijra.

So far the Europeans theory, of Cush , Ham, Sam and their gibbrish lacks any historical facts its mere theories.

Your argument that a man of 1000 years ago can't produce 3/4 million decenadant now is just rehtoric you havn't told us why, 4 somali men can produce 40 decandant and more in 40 years by 100 years they would have numbered in 4000 , its the story of more then 100 somali sub clans, from both Daarod, Isaaq and Hawiye, it already happened.

RebelLion
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RebelLion » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:20 pm

X.playa

So what's the origin of hawiye? Do you think all isaaqs are descendent from 'shieck isaaq'? Or maybe a few and the rest joined. What about the genetics that suggests somali's are closely related to oromo?

Also the ajuraan claim to be descendants from arab? any truth in that?

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:27 pm

frankly these genetic studies are unclear, where did hey drive the poll from ?? what clan , what location etc. How do they even obtain these samples, i have never heared of any study asking for somali volunteers.

I have no reason to doubt the somali story of Arab origin.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.