Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arab boy laughs to hear My Arab descent!!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Re: Arab boy laughs to hear My Arab descent!!

Postby The_Emperior5 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:22 pm

Somali-Star wrote:
The_Emperior5 wrote:ganjaweed he tells Ethiopians he is A Ethiopian from the ogaden region :lol:
what a confused kid

can anybody else see the irony here? :lol: :lol:

really, is the most confused one in this dump telling the most reasonable one that he's confused? :? :?

dammit! now i'm confused. :shock:

i never claim anything but isxaaqi i dont even claim somali iyo waxaas becaus i know its not dhalasho amd that it is just a language

hyper him self said he tels Ethiopians suuqa hu ku arko he is A Ethiopian from ogaden region , and then his dad told him somali iska sheego :lol: :lol:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:43 pm

X Playa Imam Hassan Al Basri the great Sheikh from Basra from the taabiciin wrote about Somalis? Cajiib, if so that is a wonderful honour.

To everybody else whats being discussed is History and if You do not have sources or intelligent input to contribute then exit this threat. I saw a couple of meaningful posts by Cushitic, X Playa, Salafi but then start reading through retarded one liners. Everything has its ahal, diinta has its ahal, history has its ahal, medicine has its ahal. If You're not one of them then don't bust into discussions in.

Btw X Playa its not possible for any Darood to trace 22 names to Darood without ommitting over a dozen or so names. The average Darood has a abtiris like Mine which is about 30 something names

Hyperactive,

Theres a difference between qablaayad and history

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:48 pm

The_Emperior5 wrote:
i never claim anything but isxaaqi i dont even claim somali iyo waxaas becaus i know its not dhalasho amd that it is just a language

hyper him self said he tels Ethiopians suuqa hu ku arko he is A Ethiopian from ogaden region , and then his dad told him somali iska sheego :lol: :lol:

i remember that post...

he said that he was an ogaden from the ethiopian region of ogaden. marka, stop lying. in reality, he's quite right, you know. sadly!

but me being a bit more emotional - hence less reasonable - would have liked that he rather say: "i'm somali/ogaden from the SOMALI region of ogadenia." but of course, the reality on the ground is different as of right now. ogaden is a region of ethiopia, asmuchas i hate to admit it. :(

i always say that i'm from the somali region of ogaden. :mrgreen:
Last edited by ModerateMuslim on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:49 pm

snowflakes821 wrote:
Boqor__Daarod wrote:somali ppl are not arabs we were never arabs we will never be arabs. we dont want to be arabs and we dont look like arabs.

arabst this way <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
somali this way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

we have nothing to do with each other

THANK, YOU!!!!!!!

I don't know anyone who would EVER want to be Arab. I actually know Arabs ( Lebanese) who tell people they're not Arab. Being Arab in the West is considered bad. It equals terrorism, hairy, and everything wrong with humanity. They are by far the most hated group in the world. It absolutely boggles my mind why Somalis want to be associated with those camel fukers.

Listen up to all the people from the bushes, stop embarassing us. We're African and that's all we are so rep it. :up:

Somalis are lazy, caano drinkin, geel riding idiots like the Arabs are.

Atleast the Arabs got multi-billion dollar countries and ish and are doing something.

HYPER, this is not qabyalaad...history is good

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:59 pm

Boqor Daarood and snowflower,

This isn't freaken origin-shopping where you go to a store and by your race according to your taste, bring evidence and argument to back your claim up simply hating modern Arabs isn't enough of argument to make somali other then what their ancestors claimed for 1000 years.

The debate is simple:

1- Were our ancestors for 1000 years liars or is there some truth to their claim of decent from Arab misionaries and settlers.

2- Is there factual evidence to back their claim or is there one to negate and discredit their claim.

3- Is there a solid argument to back what few western wrote about Somali , such as Hamaite or Cushite driven from the bible , was there a single Westerner who searched the the Somali legends in Arab history and manuscript.

Thats it, thats the argument, we do not care wether you love or hate Arabs.

Murax,

Don't confuse Xasan Al Basri of 100 Hijra with The Zaylac travellar Maxamed Xasan Al-Basri of 727 hijra.

RebelLion
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RebelLion » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:15 pm

The only evidence one needs that somali's are cushtic is genetics,

"The data suggest that the male Somali population is a branch of the East African population closely related to the Oromos in Ethiopia and North Kenya with predominant E3b1 cluster lineages that were introduced into the Somali population 4000-5000 years ago." the european journal of human journal of genetics.

Not to mentions the similar dhaqan/culture and customs between somali's and the oromo of today.

Words like waaq that are used today in some somali cities like ceelwaaq, or the term 'barwaaqo'. The somali name 'ayaan' is also of cushtic origin, all of this suggests somali's existed before arabs and had their own pre-islamic cushtic religion before we were converted to islam by arab imigrants in the 10th century. It's possible that some somali's have arab blood, but unlikely that one or two of those arab men fathered all those somali clans. Most isaaq and darood are a confederation.

(The book culture and custums of somalia by mohammed diriye abdullahi goes into some great lengths about similar custums between oromo's and somali's.)

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:23 pm

Rebel Lion,

The names of Somali cities are a very poor corrolation to ethnicity. Oromos dominated the land that is known as Somalia today and were pushed from the Somali penensula into the Ethiopian lowlands through conquering expeditions by Somali Muslims. While I find it hard to fathom how indigenous pagans could have anything in common with Somali conquerers who were coming from the North and pushing deeper into Oromo territory, I will not discount factual evidence that suggests it.

Also who were sampled in these 'genetic tests' and is there anymore detailed account of the results?

RebelLion
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RebelLion » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Murax

It's not just the names, but culture and custums are also similar between somali's and oromo's.

Ofcourse we are better for being introduced to islam, but that doesn't mean somali's are arabs.

Here's the link for that genetic tests, http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v13/ ... 1390a.html

It doesn't say the qabil of those sampled though from what i read.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Rebel Lion,

First of all nobody is saying We are Arabs today. We don't speak the Arabic language and thats the 1st requirement to be part of any race. Druths, and Byzzantine decendents in Syria were absored as Arabs, Coptics in Egypt were absored as Arabs, Berbers in North Africa were absorbed as Arabs, Black Sudanese in Sudan were absorbed as Arabs. One thing they all have in common is the Arabic language. Just like those groups were Arabized what is being debated here is if the reverse happened with Somalis where they were "Somalicized/Africanized" for lack of a better word. In the Somali society that places absolutely no weight or value in maternal lineage (unlike the Jews) if the theory of Arab Men (Issaq, Abdiraxamaan) coming to the Somali penninsula marrying local Women and giving birth to a new race is verified then that should be taken as part of History. Remember this is history and neither loathing nor loving of Arabs should come into play and the issue should be looked at objectively with factual evidence.

Also with the genetic testing the two groups in question are Darood and Issaq. Genetic testing would have to be done to large samples of those two groups to either blast the Arab theory or confirm it.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:04 pm

I don't know where u guys are from but in America, Arabs are classified as white, and u guys as niggers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Shirib wrote:I don't know where u guys are from but in America, Arabs are classified as white, and u guys as niggers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

arabs are desert niggers like us :lol: :lol:

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:07 pm

The_Emperior5 wrote:
Shirib wrote:I don't know where u guys are from but in America, Arabs are classified as white, and u guys as niggers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

arabs are desert niggers like us :lol: :lol:

No in America, Arabs are really classified as white. If u are Arab u are white.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Emperior5 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Laakin anigu wiil muwalad ah baan ahay :idea:

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:30 pm

shirib,

For you an Abgaal 90% of somalis are Arabs to you, the Abgaal are the most darkest somalis ever , shining dark, like black blue with wax. so iam not surprised at all you call Arab anything lighter hen you.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:34 pm

X.Playa wrote:shirib,

For you an Abgaal 90% of somalis are Arabs to you, the Abgaal are the most darkest somalis ever , shining dark, like black blue with wax. so iam not surprised at all you call Arab anything lighter hen you.

I'm not Hawiye much less Abgaal

I am dark, but my mom is really light skinned looks reer Xamar

I am Geledi

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.