Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Children

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Aerosmith
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Children

Postby Aerosmith » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Should governments regulate who should babies or not. Maybe its time we all tightened our belt no and save a good chunk of taxpayer money. Personally I don't believe that people should bring children into the world unless they can afford to raise them. The cut off being 30% the amount Medicaid gives and a google search states its in the range of $27k-$33k. Is it even fair for a child to be raised with little income(below 18k a year).
Deficiencies, accidental pregnancy and other un foretold problems are exceptional.

Discuss

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Children

Postby surrender » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

I don't believe that people should bring children into the world unless they can afford to raise them

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

thats my only discussion

ire
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ire » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't believe that people should bring children into the world unless they can afford to raise them

thats my only discussion
I think he's right. If you cannot afford to meet a child's basic needs (food, clothing, medical insurance, etc) you shouldn't have one.

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:25 pm

^ thats not what the quran and sunah states, adigu maadan keenin ciyaalkan aduunka, ilaah bay leeyihiin. so try your best to provide for them, and leave the rest for allah!

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:30 pm

thats my only discussion
I think he's right. If you cannot afford to meet a child's basic needs (food, clothing, medical insurance, etc) you shouldn't have one.

Aerosmith & Ire :up: :up: :up:

LaQaNyO
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaQaNyO » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Yakhi, gaalo is yeel yeelka ma fiicna........ my moto jst so daa nd the rest will unraffle itself inshala :lol:

ire
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ire » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Deciding to have children knowing you CANNOT afford to provide basic necessities is absolutely selfish and irresponsible; my goodness, it's basically the highest point of irresponsibility! These are HUMANS who are absolutely dependent on you; they're not cute, little toys you only want because they make you feel "complete".

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Deciding to have children knowing you CANNOT afford to provide basic necessities is absolutely selfish and irresponsible; my goodness, it's basically the highest point of irresponsibility! These are HUMANS who are absolutely dependent on you; they're not cute, little toys you only want because they make you feel "complete".
:up: :up: :up: :up:

LaQaNyO
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaQaNyO » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Firi walaal i can only speak on behalf of myself (assuming this is directed to the general eye) and im inshala not planning to have kids intentionally (god forbid) on the streets, homeless nor pennyless ... who is going to father them anyway :roll: Laakiin inshala neither would i wait untill i approached my 30's to have kids just because i was planning to build a beach house in costa rica or buy that condo in toronto...Obviously that is an exageration my point: Gaalo isyeel yeelka ma fiicna and im not saying that you are, but at the end of the day allah knows best you plan it all out whilst your rich today and become pregnant tomorow,loose it all and by that time give birth whilst you are poor :roll: Allahu yaclam...
If your settled in a house nd have income rolling in.... iska so daa everything will unraffle itself inshala :lol:

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:13 pm

thats my only discussion

I have held these views just few yrs ago, but I was naive and my faith was not strong enough. Its not still where I would want/imagine it to be.

Anyways, experience teaches and age adds some wisdom.. so yes I will have as many kids as Allah blesses me with..and Yes I will do anything and everything I can do to provide for them..the best life I can give them..but Allah always takes care of it..and provides you irzaq where you least expect...if you work hard and have enough faith.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:24 pm

^ thats not what the quran and sunah states, adigu maadan keenin ciyaalkan aduunka, ilaah bay leeyihiin. so try your best to provide for them, and leave the rest for allah!
if you can't provide for children or your family and having them while knowing you can't, you're better off not having them

would you get with a bum and have his children?

i didn't think so

ire
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ire » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Gaalo isyeel yeelka ma fiicna and im not saying that you are, but at the end of the day allah knows best you plan it all out whilst your rich today and become pregnant tomorow,loose it all and by that time give birth whilst you are poo
Yeah, yeah, that's nice, but what was the point of quoting me? I'm saying that people who can barely provide for themselves shouldn't take on the responsibility of children. Birth control's permissible in Islam for a reason.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:04 pm

government has no right to regulate who should have babies or not

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:08 pm

if you can't provide for children or your family and having them while knowing you can't, you're better off not having them

would you get with a bum and have his children?

i didn't think so
you didnt think so what??? anyways thats not what the sunnah said. if that was the case, then im sure all the poor middle-eastern/african and asian people wouldnt give birth!

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:18 pm

you didnt think so what??? anyways thats not what the sunnah said. if that was the case, then im sure all the poor middle-eastern/african and asian people wouldnt give birth!
what we think of wealth in our society doesn't always translate elsewhere

what im saying isn't against the sunnah, it goes with the sunnah

if you know you're poor, you can barely feed yourself... how are you going to take care of your offspring?

seriously surrender, would you marry a beggar and have his kids?

im speaking of people who are poor due to their laziness and what not, not because of external factors that can't be blamed on them

capiche?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.