Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Children

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Kolombo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Children

Postby Kolombo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Get married & have kids when you can provide for your family. At the same time, don't refuse to have kids because of fear of not being able to feed them, that's not permitted. Did you guys know that all the souls were created at once including those of your future kids? And that everything we will eat (rizq) was written 50,000 years before heaven was created? Its a sahih hadith. Moderation.

mire77

Postby mire77 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 pm

This was a question put to Albaani- May Allah have mercy on him and reward him for his services to Islam.

Question:
Does the ruling on birth control differ from that of family limitation (of offspring)?

Answer:

Birth control has some detail to it. Therefore, I say that this thing, which has come to be known as "birth control" is from that which the Muslims of today are being tested by in the lands of Islaam. However, there are cases from it, which must be referred back to the motive behind it. An example of this is when the motive for this birth control is based on a prescription from Muslim doctors who are advising the couple towards this so-called "birth control" to safeguard the health of the woman who has departed from her natural state due to her having delivered many children! So if a skilled Muslim doctor issues these instructions as a form of advice, then that becomes a legitimate excuse for (the allowance of) this birth control.
This is an example in which birth control is permissible. As for an example that is contrary to this one, then it is such as when the motive behind it is due to poverty (!) or because of bills, which is always on the minds of the disbelievers!! So you can see one of them say: "My wife and I are two. And I have two children!! And the fifth member of them is their dog!! So this monthly pay that we receive is just enough for us (to pay our bills), and that's all [five]!" This is not permissible in Islaam because this motive emanates from the logic of the Days of Ignorance, which we were warned to avoid and stay away from. Such is found in Allaah's saying: "And do not kill your children for fear of poverty. We will provide you with sustenance as well as them." [Surah Al-Ana’aam: 151]
This is especially the case since the Muslims believe that the child comes with his sustenance (already) with him. This is because, before it comes out into this world, its sustenance is ordained for it while it is in the womb of its mother, as has been clarified to us in the Noble Sunnah. So this example of birth control, with this motive, is not permissible at all. As for the baseless and false reasons that some people have used to justify and allow it, then they have no place in the Religion.

Shaykh Naasir ud-Deen al-Albaanee

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:33 pm

you didnt think so what??? anyways thats not what the sunnah said. if that was the case, then im sure all the poor middle-eastern/african and asian people wouldnt give birth!
what we think of wealth in our society doesn't always translate elsewhere

what im saying isn't against the sunnah, it goes with the sunnah

if you know you're poor, you can barely feed yourself... how are you going to take care of your offspring?

seriously surrender, would you marry a beggar and have his kids?

im speaking of people who are poor due to their laziness and what not, not because of external factors that can't be blamed on them

capiche?
well beggers are not lazy! they just dont have the opportunity to help themselves. and no i dont think to be honest i would marry a begger, prolly help him find a job or what not! but all im saying there were worser times when were actually poor. like really poor! i remember the story of cumar binu khadhaab who use to go around to people's houses after everyone slept, and ask families if they need food! well one night he came across this women who's boiling water, but she didnt have anything to put it in, like rise or any kinda of food. so she was pretending to cook, whilst the pan was actually just water. cumar went home and got her bur (i think). now did her say to her, nayaa why did you have kids because your poor?! no!!! its just shame that we have the galo mentality these days. we not poor or near being poor-al hamdulilaah (we=somalis in the west), but there are people who think if i cant afford this or that, i wont marry, and that some duman bullsh!t!!

Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Skippa » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Avoiding children for fear of Poverty :down: :down:

The Almighty says in Surat Al 'Isra': Wa Lā Taqtulū 'Awlādakum Khashyata 'Imlāqin Naĥnu Narzuquhum Wa 'Īyākum 'Inna Qatlahum Kāna Khiţ'āan Kabīrāan
I know we're not talking about killing here but still...Allah's word is Supreme

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Avoiding children for fear of Poverty :down: :down:

The Almighty says in Surat Al 'Isra': Wa Lā Taqtulū 'Awlādakum Khashyata 'Imlāqin Naĥnu Narzuquhum Wa 'Īyākum 'Inna Qatlahum Kāna Khiţ'āan Kabīrāan
I know we're not talking about killing here but still...Allah's word is Supreme

The word of God is supreme over all other explanations and justification.. esp. when its as clear as this one. :up:

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Get married & have kids when you can provide for your family. At the same time, don't refuse to have kids because of fear of not being able to feed them, that's not permitted. Did you guys know that all the souls were created at once including those of your future kids? And that everything we will eat (rizq) was written 50,000 years before heaven was created? Its a sahih hadith. Moderation.
:up: :up: :up:

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:16 pm

When I raised a similar point once, I was told that both wealth and children is given by GOD....you should not go around thinking you are bigger than God's will. If God has blessed you with a child even if you think you can't afford it, God will help you find a way if you have faith. And to be honest, nothing is a given in life....you could be totally loaded one minute and lose it all the next (as shown by some of your own topics on here). So, the opposite can happen to a totally broke as$ person.

Besides, if you believe we're created with a purpose in mind....it is not up to us to stand in the way of that. People don't have children because they can afford them..rich people in general tend to have fewer kids and not because they can't afford them. At the end of the day children are not material possessions and they don't cost all that much 'money' to raise them well....what matters more is your time, care and attention to the child.

.....all this coming from a girl who swore she never wants to have kids of her own as the planet is overpopulated as it is. *I think I may be confused*

Chilli-

Postby Chilli- » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:22 pm

.....all this coming from a girl who swore she never wants to have kids of her own as the planet is overpopulated as it is. *I think I may be confused*
haha, I claim the 'lets adopt first' line, 'I think I might be white-washed'.. :shock:

Wise-Man
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Wise-Man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Aerosmith, you can always adopt a dog and spend less money at the Pet Mart.... 8-)

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 pm

haha, I claim the 'lets adopt first' line, 'I think I might be white-washed'.. :shock:

Abaay walaahi I totally believe in adopting, but I suppose that doesn't mean you can't do both. Besides I live in the UK and our economy is going to need us to be having more babies. Then you start thinking about the pain and how it deforms your body ....I don't know...it is all confusing.

Chilli-

Postby Chilli- » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:38 pm

I do also, adopting and fostering, lakin some people look at you ‘ astonishing, toolo taani halkaay kaa timii’
I am from the UK too, I can't remember seeing 'Your Country Needs You' posters, for birth boom..., in fact they'v gone crazy with the whole teenage pregnancy rise, lol

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Abaay walaahi I totally believe in adopting, but I suppose that doesn't mean you can't do both. Besides I live in the UK and our economy is going to need us to be having more babies. Then you start thinking about the pain and how it deforms your body ....I don't know...it is all confusing.
exercise :lol:

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Fah, no amount of exercise is going to get rid of the lines...my friend from uni had a kid and she's slim and fit but then she showed me her tummy and I was shocked walaahi. It don't look good.

LaQaNyO
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaQaNyO » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:17 pm

I dnt think i need to say more...

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:47 am

A-smith

If i were you i would worry more about raising them well to be good muslims with akhlaaq and manners.Providing for them and feeding is not a big deal..just put ur trust in Allahs swt ..alrisiq mina Allah 3atha wa jala :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.