Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

crossing the US/Canada border

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Captain24
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: In between the two "B's" Burtinle and Bacaadweyn: Xarfo

Re: crossing the US/Canada border

Postby Captain24 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 am

Siren, London is nice . we were going to Toronto, and decided to stay there for a good 3 days, because we meet some cool people over there :up:

Ms.Nalia, I will make sure to stop at London every time I am going to Toronto, just straight on highway 402
Last edited by Captain24 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 am

Zulaika,

The Quebecois are friendly people even their Border Guards. The crossings are not as busy as the Ontario ones.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:09 am

Captian..

London, cadaan cunsuri ah baa jooga...man i can't stand tuulo life. if it ain't Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary....i ain't messing with it.

Captain24
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: In between the two "B's" Burtinle and Bacaadweyn: Xarfo

Postby Captain24 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:12 am

Captian..

London, cadaan cunsuri ah baa jooga...man i can't stand tuulo life. if it ain't Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary....i ain't messing with it.
For real?, a visitor wont' notice that in three days, so I will take your word for it. Everything looked normal to me

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:16 am

Zulaika,

The Quebecois are friendly people even their Border Guards. The crossings are not as busy as the Ontario ones.
take it from someone who lived in Quebec...they are not that friendly..specially to immigrants.

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 am

I think I am lucky, I never had a problem when crossing the border.. except one time ..
and thats because I had a 1 way ticket Bus to NY and they were having the repup. convention over there..in 04.

Zuleika, some of them are really a-holes, but always be concise, correct and short with your answers..just answer what they ask specifically..and you should usually do just fine.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Crossing into Canada is a breeze, crossing back is a hassle :|

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:17 pm

horta why are border agents such priks? how come the customs agents at the airport are so much nicer and more professional?...last time i crossed the border(Windsor/Detroit) i got this really porky white chick who looked like she ate all her feelings and wanted to take it out on others..man was she a b!tch or what.....and she was waiting for me to "lose" it and cause a scene so she can put travel restrictions on me...but i never did..and this bothered her even more so she kept me there for friggin 2 hours :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

she was like i know you somalis...always lie to get into the US from Canada...ya'll claim you're going to a "wedding"(bending her porky fingers with difficulty). coincidentally i was doing exactly that.. i was going to a friend's wedding in Columbus Ohio. this b!tch was like..."where's that shiny silky dress ya'll wear to weddings..i wanna see it to prove you're going to a wedding"...holly shid..that b!tch know about dirac :lol: :lol: :lol:

anywho...fock border agents. they are not doing their job..but causing a distraction and formulating a situation that don't exist.. :down:
Fly/drive/train US customs are the most friendliest custom agents. I swear sometimes I could smuggle an entire family of mexicans and wouldnt be caught :lol:

I remember going transit through Chicago and the customs agent let me keep on my shoes while she forced some old lady to remove hers :lol:

Muhammad bin Harti
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Muhammad bin Harti » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:30 pm

onetime i was crossing the niagra falls/buffalo border. i was with a bunch of friends with standard english names. but oddly enough, they pick me out of the whole group and asked me specific questions that didnt pertain to anything. and the funny thing is i wasnt even the driver or in visible position to be seen by the guards. :|

and if you guys come to canada, stop in ottawa for a bit. somalis dominate that city. we got whites/jamacians/indians speaking somali slang. i even seen some west indians counting in somali like labaatan(20), soodan(30), siideeytan(80) etc.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:05 pm

The American border guards are always courteous and respectful to me. It's the Canadians I don't like.

ms.naliaa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ms.naliaa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Siren, London is nice . we were going to Toronto, and decided to stay there for a good 3 days, because we meet some cool people over there :up:

Ms.Nalia, I will make sure to stop at London every time I am going to Toronto, just straight on highway 402

you mean the 401!

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:53 pm

BTW, London, ONT is the sh1t. A lot of mix Somali and Canadian girls
I totally agree, London Ontario is the shit, I should know I used to live there. :mrgreen:

Siren, nah not anymore, everyone left, it's a ghost town now lol

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.