Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ahmadinejad: My Hero

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Megatron
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Ahmadinejad: My Hero

Postby Megatron » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GENEVA (AFP) - An international conference on racism fell into disarray on Monday as Iran's president launched a verbal onslaught against Israel, triggering a mass walkout and furious rebukes from Western capitals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has previously called for the Jewish state to be wiped off the map, criticised the creation of a "totally racist government in occupied Palestine" in 1948, calling it "the most cruel and repressive racist regime.

"The (UN) Security Council helped stabilise this occupation regime and supported it for the past 60 years, giving them a free hand to continue their crimes," he said.

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who had earlier berated countries for boycotting the meeting, accused the Iranian leader of incitement, while other Western leaders lined up to condemn his remarks.

"I deplore the use of this platform by the Iranian president to accuse, divide and even incite," Ban said in a statement. "This is the opposite of what this conference seeks to achieve."

The United States, which led 10 countries in boycotting the meeting, said the furore vindicated the decision by the country's first African-American president to shun the UN conference on racism in Geneva.

US President Barack Obama "disagrees vehemently" with Ahmadinejad, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters.

"This is hateful rhetoric. It's, I think, one of the reasons why you saw the administration and the president determined that its participation in this conference was not a wise thing to do."

The meeting, which had already been boycotted by several Western countries such as the US and Australia, as well as Israel, was plunged into further controversy as Ahmadinejad took to the stage.

Several demonstrators were ejected as the Iranian president began his speech and soon afterwards representatives of 23 European Union delegations quit the conference room after he labelled Israel cruel and racist.

But while the speech from the Iranian leader, who has also described the Nazi Holocaust as a "myth", was shunned by Western powers, other delegates stayed to hear him speak, some greeting his words with applause.

Even before the speech, the diplomatic fallout from Ahmadinejad's presence in Geneva was spreading.

Israel recalled its ambassador in protest at the Swiss president's decision to meet the Iranian leader -- Ahmadinejad's first formal meeting with a Western head of state since taking office in 2005.

Israel's foreign ministry also criticised Ban for meeting Ahmadinejad, saying it was regrettable that he "thought it advisable to meet the greatest Holocaust denier who heads a UN member state."

Four EU nations were among a group of nine countries -- including the United States -- which boycotted the meeting before it started.

The remaining 23 EU countries that did send delegations to the event had warned they would walk out if Ahmadinejad made anti-Semitic remarks.

Most returned after the Iranian leader had finished his speech, although the Czech Republic became the 10th nation to boycott.

The French government said the content of Ahmadinejad's speech had made a walkout inevitable.

"The United Nations conference that opened on Monday in Geneva had a goal that should have united and mobilised the international community: the struggle against all forms of racism," said President Nicolas Sarkozy's office.

"The speech given by the President of Iran was the exact opposite: an intolerable appeal to racist hate, it tramples on the ideals and values recorded in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights."

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown "unreservedly condemned" the "offensive and inflammatory" comments.

In a later press conference, Ahmadinejad defended his comments and said those who had boycotted the meeting were guilty of "arrogance and selfishness."

The walkout was a repeat of the last such conference against racism held in Durban, South Africa, in 2001 when US and Israeli delegates stormed off over comments by delegates equating Zionism with racism.

The five-day Geneva meeting is meant to take stock of progress in fighting racial discrimination, xenophobia and intolerance since Durban.

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Ahmadinejad: My Hero

Postby Rightwing » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:59 pm

In a later press conference, Ahmadinejad defended his comments and said those who had boycotted the meeting were guilty of "arrogance and selfishness." :up:

Lil_Cutie..
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Lil_Cutie.. » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:02 pm

He made my day.. :clap:

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:04 pm

talk about gully

too bad he has no real power in Iran

precious_dyme
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby precious_dyme » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:28 pm

Ahmadinejad is not afraid to speak his mind and that's what i admire about him. Too bad many so called leaders are no where near him courage wise. :clap: :clap:

cajiin09

Postby cajiin09 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:54 pm

madaxda islaamka kuligood in eey asiga camal ahaadaan aa fiicneed

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:24 pm

I don't get him most of the time but I guess he's better than all the other muslim leaders so well done to him :up:

peace-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby peace- » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:10 pm

talk about gully

Too bad ur world view reflects the american rhetoric. By the way what happened to all the that talk about the ummah and free palestine

American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby American-Suufi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:23 pm

talk about gully

Too bad ur world view reflects the american rhetoric. By the way what happened to all the that talk about the ummah and free palestine
ahmedinejad will free you from isaks/somaliland. convert to shiat islam.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 pm

peace, im for the ummah and palestine

but the real power in Iran lies with the Supreme Leader not the President

peace-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby peace- » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:37 pm

And what does that got to do with his speech.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:39 pm

i said his speech was gully

you need to learn street slang my nicca

Warsan_Star_Muslimah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Warsan_Star_Muslimah » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Salaam

:roll: My Nicca, my foot. :roll:

Waarya speak English, or forever hold your Peace :lol:

(Fah- :clap: )

Sagaashan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sagaashan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:53 pm

:lol: :lol:

the book is couple of doughs*

*money

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Salaam

:roll: My Nicca, my foot. :roll:

Waarya speak English, or forever hold your Peace :lol:

(Fah- :clap: )
go eat twenty two canjeerooooo :clap: :mrgreen:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.