Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HOW A KENYAN DESCRIBES SOMALIS

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Caashaqa
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: HOW A KENYAN DESCRIBES SOMALIS

Postby Caashaqa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:15 am

"You scratch deeper, and their self-complacency seldom withstands the heat of analysis, temperamental like mercury.'

" We pity the somalis, my colleagues and i,' she said. But we cannot help our feeling that for a people who have brought a curse on their heads, they do not appear to have been HUMBLED by the experience in any way."

THIS IS FROM A BOOK BY NURUDDIN FARAH THAT I'M READING

Unbelievable. I cannot believe an outsider can know us so well. Somalis have a air of self righteousness/arrogance that When one gives us a reality dose of our embarassing place in the World, We get pissed off and cannot accept it displaying a false sense of contentment. In addition, We have not been brought down and humbled by what We have done to our Country and How We destroyed it. This lack of self realization is a big reason explains our predicament as if We were truly humbled as Somalis, We would have changed our situation.

It's not about lack of self realization, it's about lack of responsibility. Somalia is made up of around 7 million individuals and none of them feels responsible for the people's predicament.

Some even see opportunities in it.

SO TRUE AND I CAN'T BELEIVE THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING ON

mwaura
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby mwaura » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:37 am

Well, that's your personal opinion, to which you're entitled to. Other people have different opinions. This topic (among many other sources) in another forum leads me to conclude some Kenyans are fallible just as some Somalis are:

http://www.advance-africa-forum.com/sho ... php?t=2436
True son,but unlike you we haven't fetishized our behavioural tendencies.Its purely economic not racially motivated. The day the kenya shilling equals or exceeds the value of the dollar/pound/euro there will be a sea change. You guys on the other hand have internalised racial theories about blacks you will continue spouting until the world ends.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:31 am

very true, however, the Kenyans themselves need to realise that they also fuel this predicament. They complain constantly about house prices, market being taken over by Somalis and how theyve also raised the bribe price in nairobi, then shoot or rob/attack Somalis at every opportunity. The Somalis have a right to feel defensive when they are attacked at every corner and marginalised worse than any one else bar the Turkana in Kenya...compare other 'tribal' lands with that of North Eastern Kenya and you will get the full picture of descrimination Somalis are facing every day at the hands of Gikuyu et al. Not all these Somalis in kenya are from Somalia, most are from kenya itself and are denied the rights of other kenyans and are treated like refugees in their own country. We should have both sides of the story.

General Duke
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby General Duke » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 am

True son,but unlike you we haven't fetishized our behavioural tendencies.Its purely economic not racially motivated. The day the kenya shilling equals or exceeds the value of the dollar/pound/euro there will be a sea change. You guys on the other hand have internalised racial theories about blacks you will continue spouting until the world ends.
I only gave you a tip of the iceberg. There are other articles/topics about your own Aryans. There's also the recent Kenyan crisis in which thousands of Kenyans were bludgeoned to death with machetes in a matter of weeks. The crisis was motivated by racism along with economics and other factors. The disenfranchisement and stratification of Luos and other minorities by Kikuyus is one major factor.
Tribalism is racism just like the Klu Klux Klan was. Kikuyu “know” the Luo are stupid and dirty, and since they are not “cut’ (the males circumcised in their early teens), they are not really people.
http://www.fpri.org/enotes/200801.jones ... kenya.html

So mwaura, as you can see, some of you Kenyans are fallible, just like some Somalis or any other group of humans.

mwaura
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby mwaura » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 am

very true, however, the Kenyans themselves need to realise that they also fuel this predicament. They complain constantly about house prices, market being taken over by Somalis and how theyve also raised the bribe price in nairobi, then shoot or rob/attack Somalis at every opportunity. The Somalis have a right to feel defensive when they are attacked at every corner and marginalised worse than any one else bar the Turkana in Kenya...compare other 'tribal' lands with that of North Eastern Kenya and you will get the full picture of descrimination Somalis are facing every day at the hands of Gikuyu et al. Not all these Somalis in kenya are from Somalia, most are from kenya itself and are denied the rights of other kenyans and are treated like refugees in their own country. We should have both sides of the story.
Wrong,gedo_gurl,dead wrong!! Show statistics of Somalis specifically being targeted for attack. You're not marginalised anymore than anyone who voluntarily ghettoises themselves in selfbuilt enclaves of cultural conditioning,ie your defensiveness is a reaction to the consequences of your own misbehaviour. Fyi,until 5 or so years ago,Isligh was almost wholly kyuke. They leased and sold out to your tribe when they fell into pirate money-is that hate or the economic fundamental that ,makes the world go round??
I only gave you a tip of the iceberg. There are other articles/topics about your own Aryans. There's also the recent Kenyan crisis in which thousands of Kenyans were bludgeoned to death with machetes in a matter of weeks. The crisis was motivated by racism along with economics and other factors. The disenfranchisement and stratification of Luos and other minorities by Kikuyus is one major factor.
That whole crisis was caused by ODM politicos who premeditated the whole thing starting in 2005 with the referendum. Kales and Luos were misinformed their poverty was due to other peoples innate 'Aryanism';of course no mention was made of personal factors like laziness,stupidity,illiteracy or ugliness.Unsurprisingly they fell for such messages hook line and sinker.Those are the facts with the KHRC,the ICC at the Hague and the whole of Kenya.

Caashaqa
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Caashaqa » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:41 am

WRONG SOMALIS ARE TREATED AS SECOND CLASS CITIZENS AND WHY BECAUSE KENYANS FEEL THAT SOMALIS ACT AS IF THEY ARE BETTER THEN THEM WHY IS TRUE THEY DO AND THAT IS ONLY BASED ON SUPERFICIAL BELIEF THAT THEY ARE RACIALLY SUPERIOR BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN EVER SOMALI DOES WHAT ABOUT THOSE SOMALIS THAT DON'T BELEIVE THAT THEIR ALSO TREATED AS SECOND CLASS CITIZENS WHAT AFRICANS AS A WHOLE MUST REALIZE WHETHER IT BE SOMALIS/OROMOS/LUOS/AMHARA, TIGRAY AND ETC IS TO COME TOGETHER WITHIN THEIR COUNTRY BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE CHINESE/WHITES ARABS ESPECIALLY AND INDIANS FLOODING THESE COUNTRIES AND TAKING THEM OVER ECONOMICALLY AND YES THEY DO BELEIVE THEY ARE SUPERIOR TO AFRICANS WHO EVER THEY MAY BE

Caashaqa
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Caashaqa » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:44 am

Wrong,gedo_gurl,dead wrong!! Show statistics of Somalis specifically being targeted for attack. You're not marginalised anymore than anyone who voluntarily ghettoises themselves in selfbuilt enclaves of cultural conditioning,ie your defensiveness is a reaction to the consequences of your own misbehaviour. Fyi,until 5 or so years ago,Isligh was almost wholly kyuke. They leased and sold out to your tribe when they fell into pirate money-is that hate or the economic fundamental that ,makes the world go round??

WAIT DO YOU REALLY BELEIVE THAT PIRATE MONEY IS WHAT BUILD EASTLEIGH I MEAN SOMALIS BEFORE EVEN PIRACY HAD MALLS, HOTELS, SHOPS AND ETC IN KENYA NOW THAT YOU HAVE THIS PIRACY I GUESS YOU GUYS BLAME THAT IN ODER TO MAKE Y'ALL SELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR SITUATIONS ISN'T THAT SO

General Duke
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby General Duke » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:47 pm

That whole crisis was caused by ODM politicos who premeditated the whole thing starting in 2005 with the referendum. Kales and Luos were misinformed their poverty was due to other peoples innate 'Aryanism';of course no mention was made of personal factors like laziness,stupidity,illiteracy or ugliness.Unsurprisingly they fell for such messages hook line and sinker.Those are the facts with the KHRC,the ICC at the Hague and the whole of Kenya.
I gather you're Kikuyu.

baasta & bariis

Postby baasta & bariis » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:44 am

It should be noted that anytime one ethnicity outdoes another economically, there will ALWAYS be some form of resentment/hostility directed at the ethnicity that's more "successful." If the ethnicity/race that is more successful constitutes the majority of a country, there is usually no problem as the less successful minority is too few in numbers (relatively) to constitute a credible threat. If however the more successful ethnicity is the minority, then a resentful majority presents a very real and credible danger to that minority.

The only way such a minority can keep things in check is if they control EVERY facet of a country, like whites did in South Africa. Once there is democracy though the less successful but demographically dominant group will use democracy to exact their revenge (i.e, vote for heavy affirmative action policies, laws like "all businesses must have partners of the underrepresented group.")

That's the peaceful solution though...when there is democracy. When there isn't democracy and a minority economically dominates a majority, the fallout is usually violence and ethnic cleansing. Many conflicts around the world have this cause.

It's one thing if Somalis go to Western countries and start businesses (which they don't since they just rely on welfare) but it's another thing entirely if they immigrate to other black african countries and economically compete with the ethnicities there. If the Somalis start to outdo the local ethnic Africans, I GUARANTEE that violence will be the result against the Somalis. We've already seen that in South Africa.

Somalis in places like Kenya need to keep stuff like this in mind whey start thinking that they can just undercut that local black merchant. That merchant will gather his fellow Kenyans and come for revenge.

I think, by the way, there's real opportunity for Somalis in Kenya/Ethiopia (though we shouldn't bother with South Africa -- that place is insane). But you've got to keep the realities in mind.

The OP is probably spot on about Somalis. We have absolutely nothing to be proud of yet we act like we're all that -- like some skinny high school kid strutting as if he's a weightlifting champ.

mwaura
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby mwaura » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:26 am

Look Cashaaqa and General Duke,the issue isn't about Luos,Kikuyus,piracy or anybodys economic success. Its about your pathological need to denigrate Africans. Some months back my cousin in the US emailed me a clip from the worlds largest social forum,topix.com. On the particular thread http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TMOHDHBA6R488PMJ3 Somalis were spewing the usual hate our direction,and he simply wanted to know if:
(a) this was typical of Somalispawn
(b) the reason behind such hostility
I answered its a group strategy to deny reality and create a new one based on false enmity to justify their own inadequacies.
The majority of blacks regard Waryaas as anyone else does ;with indifference or amusement at your antics. Heres the more typical reaction of us when viewing waryaa ways. My cuz in Wood Green was at the welfare office. Ahead of him are 3 of your tribe doing what they do best,inhibited by poor English.
White Lady at Counter: "do you have the birth certificate?"
Waryaas: Blank looks all round
White Lady at Counter: "What is the childs name?"
Waryaas: Indeterminate English and Somalispeak
WLC: Sighhh,"where was the child born?,how old is the child?"
Waryaas: More blank looks
WLC: "Whats the childs name?"
Waryaas: "Halima! Ayan! Abdi!"
WLC: "Is it a boy or a girl!!"
At this stage,my cuz,fell down laughing.And that beebles;is how we normally see you-as a source of amusement. You make us laugh. Baasta and bariis knows the truth:
The OP is probably spot on about Somalis. We have absolutely nothing to be proud of yet we act like we're all that -- like some skinny high school kid strutting as if he's a weightlifting champ.

General Duke
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby General Duke » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Look Cashaaqa and General Duke,the issue isn't about Luos,Kikuyus,piracy or anybodys economic success. Its about your pathological need to denigrate Africans.
mwaura, for a Kikuyu like you who holds Aryan beliefs against his fellow Kenyans (Kales, Luos, etc), it's funny you're outraged by some Somalis who hold similar beliefs. You yourself denigrate non-Kikuyu Kenyans, as you regard them stupid, dirty and not really people. Is it because local denigration is different from foreign denigration? What I really find it very troubling is, it isn't a majority of Kikuyus who hold those Aryan beliefs; it's all of them.

mwaura
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby mwaura » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:52 am

mwaura, for a Kikuyu like you who holds Aryan beliefs against his fellow Kenyans (Kales, Luos, etc), it's funny you're outraged by some Somalis who hold similar beliefs. You yourself denigrate non-Kikuyu Kenyans, as you regard them stupid, dirty and not really people. Is it because local denigration is different from foreign denigration? What I really find it very troubling is, it isn't a majority of Kikuyus who hold those Aryan beliefs; it's all of them.
MAJOR FAIL!!,in attempted deflection,son. You're either retarded or delusional if you think you can so easily switch your own misbehaviours onto the victims of your hateration. Like I said everyone on topix.com,the worlds largest social forum has seen how you pathologically despise Africans.
I didn't know all askaris whether eritreans or somalis act the same way...VERY rude, shallow and ungreatful people. The Somalis claim they are not blacks, get on African American forums and call other africans and african americans apes, baboons...etc. In Europe and America white people can't stand somalis arse.
In south Africa they have been set on fire and buried alive by black south africans.

There are as many ethiopians as somalis around the world but I have not witnessed incidents where we were despised as a group.

The funny thing is Ethiopians as a group are lighter skinned than Somalis but generally you don't see them going on African american and africans forums calling people monkey, baboons or talk about their face and hair non stop like somalis do.

There is a website( if not familliar with it) called http://www.topix.com...the largest forum on the web where every country has it's own discussion forum. There has been a cyber war going on between African americans, africans, ethiopians, somalians, eritreans. come join.( you can participate without signing up)

Somalia forum
http://www.ethiopianreview.com/forum/vi ... 69&p=84216
The sun has risen on your game;its time to change the CD,though it may be already WAAYYY too late.Like I always say,things once said can never be unsaid.

Caashaqa
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Caashaqa » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:37 am

HMM :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

siren
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby siren » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:36 am

My cuz in Wood Green was at the welfare office. Ahead of him are 3 of your tribe doing what they do best,inhibited by poor English.
White Lady at Counter: "do you have the birth certificate?"
Waryaas: Blank looks all round
White Lady at Counter: "What is the childs name?"
Waryaas: Indeterminate English and Somalispeak
WLC: Sighhh,"where was the child born?,how old is the child?"
Waryaas: More blank looks
WLC: "Whats the childs name?"
Waryaas: "Halima! Ayan! Abdi!"
WLC: "Is it a boy or a girl!!"
At this stage,my cuz,fell down laughing.And that beebles;is how we normally see you-as a source of amusement. You make us laugh. Baasta and bariis knows the truth
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sorry but this is funny. :oops:

Alluring
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alluring » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:27 am

First and foremost no Somali has the right to complain about Kenya or the way it operates because it is not your country, you are mere immigrants. But, Kenya is now infested with Mooryans who have come to Kenya to build homes and businesses from their blood money. Before, it was not the case and as you know Mooryans destroy anything they touch, look at Mogadishu.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.