Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mecca Or Medina ?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Knight of Wisdom
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Mecca Or Medina ?

Postby Knight of Wisdom » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:12 am

If you had one to choose, which city would it be? and why?

I personally respect both, but Mecca to me sounds more glamorous someway. I would feel as though I'm in the presence of the Angles in the Heavens above. What do ya'll Meccans think? :|

Ka darag
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: He's not invisible anymore, with his father's nine and a broken fuse.

Re: Mecca Or Medina ?

Postby Ka darag » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 am

I'd name my child Medina :clap: :clap: :clap:

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 am

lol you are weird sister.

Back to the topic,i think it is difficult choice because on one hand we have mecca holiest city of this planet which was visited by abraham & many other prophets while on other hand medina is the city of famous graves,in there there are the graves of holy prophet Muhammad pbuh,his ahlelbayt and companions.

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:46 am

1 Prayer in Mekka is equivalent of 100.000 prayers, while 1 prayer in Medina is equivalent to 10.000 prayers. But i would choose medina because the ppl in mekka are rough and the ppl in medina are kind.

Ka darag
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: He's not invisible anymore, with his father's nine and a broken fuse.

Postby Ka darag » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:52 am

Back to the topic,i think it is difficult choice because on one hand we have mecca holiest city of this planet which was visited by abraham & many other prophets while on other hand medina is the city of famous graves,in there there are the graves of holy prophet Muhammad pbuh,his ahlelbayt and companions.
I'm not wierd.... dn't steal my idea 8-)

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:57 am

:lol: :lol: @ sufis and their graves.

worshipping allah swt in mecca vs worshipping graves in medina? this sufis chose the latter. subhanallah!

Jareerboi

Postby Jareerboi » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Ive been to both and medinah is calmer

but mekkah is the most blessed city

so mekkah

Jareerboi

Postby Jareerboi » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:27 pm

people of medinah are pure tawheedists

they will you graveworshipping suufi

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:00 pm

The grave of the Prophet has been surrounded by a fence and is covered in sand. The Baqi cemetery and the graves of the Salaf have been leveled. If you go for siyarro, get a map from a suufi organization before you go, because the so-called Salafis are still revising history and making the locations of the graves as difficult as possible to find.......

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Jannat_al-Baqi

"Many traditions relate Muhammad issuing a prayer every time he passed the cemetery."

Most of the domes that have been destroyed were built before the 12th century. In spite of the Salafis, however, both the Prophet and his daughter Fatima remain buried inside mosques in Medina. The genuine Islamic traqditions have so far been too strong even for the Saud/Wahaabbi clan. :mrgreen:

Rabshoole
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rabshoole » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Mecca would be more of my choice, however, medina on the other hand, would be a resting ground for me when I reach up those yrs.

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:14 pm

i know this sounds....but i heard when dijjal comes, and goes travelling all over the world, destorying things, killing people, the only two cities that are guarded from him by angels are madina and makka, so as long as i set my foot in one of them im not complaning. :up:

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:46 pm

The grave of the Prophet has been surrounded by a fence and is covered in sand. The Baqi cemetery and the graves of the Salaf have been leveled. If you go for siyarro, get a map from a suufi organization before you go, because the so-called Salafis are still revising history and making the locations of the graves as difficult as possible to find.......

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Jannat_al-Baqi

"Many traditions relate Muhammad issuing a prayer every time he passed the cemetery."

Most of the domes that have been destroyed were built before the 12th century. In spite of the Salafis, however, both the Prophet and his daughter Fatima remain buried inside mosques in Medina. The genuine Islamic traqditions have so far been too strong even for the Saud/Wahaabbi clan. :mrgreen:
The name Al-wahhaab is one of the 99 names of Allah and you use it as an insult, sxb this showes your ignorance :down:

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdalla11 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 pm

i know this sounds....but i heard when dijjal comes, and goes travelling all over the world, destorying things, killing people, the only two cities that are guarded from him by angels are madina and makka, so as long as i set my foot in one of them im not complaning. :up:
Yes, the dajjaal won't set a foot in xaramain.

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Las Qoray, Erigabo, Hadaftimo, Dhahar, Xingalol, Gelewiyt, Celaayo, Djibouti, Harena.

Postby The Nomad » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:52 pm

The name Al-wahhaab is one of the 99 names of Allah and you use it as an insult, sxb this showes your ignorance :down:
He is a 67 year old remnant of the colonial days with Alzheimer's. It isn't his fault :lol:

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 pm

I thought Mecca was the KABCA? You can't comparte the two but they both are sagnificant in different ways.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.