Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mengistu Haile Mariam Vs. MSB

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Mengistu Haile Mariam Vs. MSB

Postby luis1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:11 pm

But How can Somalia defeat Cuba in 1978,if Somali Army and WSLF were destroyed by them.

I know it's hard for you to swallow the truth, but I can't change the facts

Then explain me why are not there somali sources on Net which support you?

Explain me that,if you can explain me that issue,I accept your point of view,if Somalia won the war,why there are not somali sources on Net talking about this great victory.

rabanam
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby rabanam » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:27 pm

There's the Wikipedia source that shows the casualties of the 1978 war. It shows Somalia suffered less casualties than its enemies (superpower Soviet, Cuba and Ethiopia). Since Somalia suffered less, since it scored more points, logic dictates it won. If Somalia had more casualties, then it would have lost. In boxing, a boxer wins by scoring more points. A boxer doesn't win because of the personal opinion of someone who says he won.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:39 pm

I told you before I dont care your opinion bring me sources about Ogaden War I believe in sources.

We have been talking about this and you have not shown me any source which supports you.

Why?

If Somalia won,why there are not somali sources on net talking and celebrating this victory.

Send me one,just one,you make history with sources but you dont even have one,nobody believes in people like you.

Check out this video

I like the scene of the cuban tanks marching to the Somali Border.Very funny the somali army dressed in white,we would became those clothes in red very soon :clap: :clap:

Read 4:57,we destroyed somali troops.

With cuban troops and soviet support,the ethiopians troops drove the somalis out of Ogaden.

The cubans and soviets have saved his regime

Show me sources,I will be waiting for them all my life. :clap: :clap: :clap:

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Rabanam:Somalia suffered less, since it scored more points, logic dictates it won. If Somalia had more casualties, then it would have lost

Are you a military historian,you dont understand the meaning of a battle or war,in a war the winner is not who suffered less casualties,the winner is who achieved its military goals,and Somalia failed in 1978,Why?

Somalia could not conquer Ogaden
WSLF was destroyed
Somalia Army was destroyed.

We lost more men and weapons than you because we were more men,but we dont care that because Soviet Union send to us more weapons and Somalia doesnt have any ally,Siad Barre army was destroyed in 1978 and we lost many men but we had many more men and tanks and you dont have anything else after the battle.

http://www.sirclund.se/conference%20report%202004.pdf

Nonetheless, the
Somali-Ethiopian population supported the war despite this stranglehold. Somali successes
were momentary once the Soviets, Cubans, and Yemani contingents intervened and helped
Ethiopian troops beat the Somali army. This defeat has been catastrophic for Somalia and the
liberation movement. In Somalia an armed political power struggle among the elite ensued,
culminating in the state's collapse and in the country's disintegration in 1991.

And please,please by God find me one somali source about your great victory in 1978.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Rabanam:A boxer doesn't win because of the personal opinion of someone who says he won.

Well I will believe you if just 1,2,3 or 4 somali sources say Cuba won the war,but all the somali sources on Net say the same thing.

Are all they wrong?

Is this possible?

These are the personal opinions of many and many somali experts who agree with me,I have written here many somali names who agree with me but you dont show me one.

If you win a match,why your countrymen say something different? :shock: :shock:

Your own countrymen ara against your opinions,check out this forum,everybody here agree with me,are all they wrong?

I think if you defeated 3 countries and a Superpower,that is a huge victory,why the somalis dont celebrate this victory.

I think you are the only one who saw a victory in 1978.

Please,again send me somai sources.

Send me one and I will believe you.It is so hard,1 source?

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Las Qoray, Erigabo, Hadaftimo, Dhahar, Xingalol, Gelewiyt, Celaayo, Djibouti, Harena.

Postby The Nomad » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:56 pm

^
This guy is hilarious, walle :lol:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:57 pm

How did the cuba react to being defeated?....I hope they recovered from the war trauma that was inflicted on em by the warior like somalis.

rabanam
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby rabanam » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:58 pm

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:58 pm

There's the Wikipedia source that shows the casualties of the 1978 war. It shows Somalia suffered less casualties than its enemies (superpower Soviet, Cuba and Ethiopia). Since Somalia suffered less, since it scored more points, logic dictates it won. If Somalia had more casualties, then it would have lost. In boxing, a boxer wins by scoring more points. A boxer doesn't win because of the personal opinion of someone who says he won.
what kind of screwed up logic is that.... :lol:

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Somali star:what kind of screwed up logic is that

This is the same thing what I say,this logic belongs to an idiot.

Advo:How did the cuba react to being defeated?....I hope they recovered from the war trauma that was inflicted on em by the warior like somalis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogaden_War

The expected Ethiopian-Cuban attack occurred in early February. However, it was accompanied by a second attack that the Somalis were not expecting. A column of Ethiopian and Cuban troops crossed northeast into the highlands between Jijiga and the border with Somalia, bypassing the SNA-WSLF force defending the Marda Pass. The attackers were thus able to assault from two directions in a "pincer" action, allowing the re-capturing of Jijiga in only two days while killing 3,000 defenders. The Somali defense collapsed and every major Ethiopian town was recaptured in the following weeks. Recognizing that his position was untenable, Siad Barre ordered the SNA to retreat back into Somalia on 9 March 1978. The last significant Somali unit left Ethiopia on 15 March 1978, marking the end of the war.

Following the withdrawal of the SNA, the WSLF continued their insurgency. By May 1980, the rebels, with the assistance of a small number of SNA soldiers who continued to help the guerilla war, controlled a substantial region of the Ogaden. However by 1981 the insurgents were reduced to sporadic hit-and-run attacks and were finally defeated.

The Ogaden War weakened the Somali military. Almost one-third of the regular SNA soldiers, three-eighths of the armored units and half of the Somali Air Force (SAF) were lost. The weakness of the Barre regime led it to effectively abandon the dream of a unified Greater Somalia

This is a strange cuban defeat? :clap: :clap: :clap:

rabanam
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby rabanam » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:52 pm

luis1, there you have a Somali, advo, stating Somalia defeated the Soviet, Cuba and Russia in the 1978 war. You wanted a personal opinion and you got one, but you don't like it. If I give you links to 100 Somalis whose personal opinion say Somalia defeated the Soviet, Cuba and Russia in the 1978 war-- you won't like it, and you will call them idiots. But, like I said, I don't deal with personal opinions, I deal with numbers and facts. The numbers are right up in the picture I uploaded, and it shows Somalia with less casualties and less arms/weapons destroyed. Those numbers defeated the Soviet, Cuba and Russia in the 1978 war. Yeah.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:07 pm

But Advo doesnt show me any source.

wanted a personal opinion and you got one, but you don't like it

I want a personal opinion with sources,Advo doesnt have sources.

You have a personal opinion too,look at this:

Somali star:what kind of screwed up logic is that....

Rabanam:If I give you links to 100 Somalis whose personal opinion say Somalia defeated the Soviet, Cuba and Russia in the 1978 war-- you won't like it, and you will call them idiots. But, like I said, I don't deal with personal opinions, I deal with numbers and facts

Well I dont understand you,first you say I care personal opinions and at the end you say the contrary,are you crazy?

Just show me somali sources,Advo doesnt have sources,if you show me sources I will believe you.

Show me,somali authors with sources.

Facts,are not these facts by God?

The Somali defense collapsed and every major Ethiopian town was recaptured in the following weeks. Recognizing that his position was untenable, Siad Barre ordered the SNA to retreat back into Somalia on 9 March 1978. The last significant Somali unit left Ethiopia on 15 March 1978, marking the end of the war.

Following the withdrawal of the SNA, the WSLF continued their insurgency. By May 1980, the rebels, with the assistance of a small number of SNA soldiers who continued to help the guerilla war, controlled a substantial region of the Ogaden. However by 1981 the insurgents were reduced to sporadic hit-and-run attacks and were finally defeated.

The Ogaden War weakened the Somali military. Almost one-third of the regular SNA soldiers, three-eighths of the armored units and half of the Somali Air Force (SAF) were lost. The weakness of the Barre regime led it to effectively abandon the dream of a unified Greater Somalia

If you won the war why we destroyed all your army?

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Rabanam:Those numbers defeated the Soviet, Cuba and Russia in the 1978 war. Yeah.

But we expelled Somalia from Ogaden and Ogaden belongs to Ethiopia until now. :clap:

We destroyed all Somali Army.

The Ogaden War weakened the Somali military. Almost one-third of the regular SNA soldiers, three-eighths of the armored units and half of the Somali Air Force (SAF) were lost. The weakness of the Barre regime led it to effectively abandon the dream of a unified Greater Somalia. The failure of the war aggravated discontent with the Barre regime; the first organized opposition group, the Somali Salvation Democratic Front (SSDF), was formed by army officers in 1979.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Rabanam:luis1, there you have a Somali, advo, stating Somalia defeated the Soviet, Cuba and Russia in the 1978 war

Where are his sources?

It is just an opinion,to me it is nothing without sources I deal with numbers and facts. The numbers are right up in the picture I uploaded, and it shows Somalia with less casualties and less arms/weapons destroyed

But if you know something about history,the winners are not who lost less men,who told you that you won a war if you lost less men than your enemy.

You win a war if you achieve your political goals and Somalia failed in 1978,because Somalia could not conquer Ogaden.Somalis left Ogaden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogaden_War

Somali withdrawal

Show me opinions with sources,I dont care opinions without them as I told you before,if you not show me somali sources,the victory is mine because I have shown many sources here and the experts believe people with sources.

I found these sources,I think you lost more men than us.

http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/oscar/ogaden1976.htm

You lost 20.000 men and we lost 17.000 men.

rabanam
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby rabanam » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:33 pm

We destroyed all Somali Army.
That isn't the truth. I challenge you to bring 1 source proving that you destroyed all Somali Army. What kind of logic is that? If you destroyed all Somali Army, then it would mean any country could easily take control of the entire Somalia. Is it possible that you made a mistake by saying that? If so, then how many of what you have said in 7 long pages are mistakes?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.