Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis And Iraqis: Difference Between Monkeys And Humans...

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Somalis And Iraqis: Difference Between Monkeys And Humans...

Postby Murax » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 pm

I was catching up with a good buddy of Mine who after High School joined the Marines and fought in Iraq. I asked Him since You lived in Somalia during the Civil War, and Iraq is going through turmoil can You compare Iraqis and Somalis? He broke into a 2 minute chuckle. He said putting them in the same sentence is blatantly wrong let alone comparing them. He said, Iraqis will and are rebuilding their Country and have the PhD's, Thinkers, Politicians, Engineers, Doctors, etc. to make it happen. In Somalia our friggin aspiring doctors get blown up on their graduation day. Look at this amazing video talking about the Iraqi Awakening councils on AlJazeera. Aljazeera Has been extremely critical of the US Iraqi presence to the point Where Bush led efforts to get it shut down.

To give a little backround, The insurgants in Iraq who were righting the US, started screwing with the local population in much the same way Shabab does in Somalia. Sunni Arab tribes in Iraq, got fed up and told them to leave, and took charge of their own security. 80,000 Volunteers came together with their guns, and patrolled streets, made their own food, own uniforms, and went about restoring security, without receiving a paycheck and with outside intervention

Think about that. 80,000 Skinnies in Somalia with guns means thousands of isbaaros, pirates, and human smugglers. Really the Human value of Somalis to build and to rise is zero, zilch. This isn't self hating Wallahi, but I feel like I'm speaking the truth.

FAH1223
webmaster

Re: Somalis And Iraqis: Difference Between Monkeys And Humans...

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:39 pm

I was catching up with a good buddy of Mine who after High School joined the Marines and fought in Iraq. I asked Him since You lived in Somalia during the Civil War, and Iraq is going through turmoil can You compare Iraqis and Somalis? He broke into a 2 minute chuckle. He said putting them in the same sentence is blatantly wrong let alone comparing them. He said, Iraqis will and are rebuilding their Country and have the PhD's, Thinkers, Politicians, Engineers, Doctors, etc. to make it happen. In Somalia our friggin aspiring doctors get blown up on their graduation day. Look at this amazing video talking about the Iraqi Awakening councils on AlJazeera. Aljazeera Has been extremely critical of the US Iraqi presence to the point Where Bush led efforts to get it shut down.

To give a little backround, The insurgants in Iraq who were righting the US, started screwing with the local population in much the same way Shabab does in Somalia. Sunni Arab tribes in Iraq, got fed up and told them to leave, and took charge of their own security. 80,000 Volunteers came together with their guns, and patrolled streets, made their own food, own uniforms, and went about restoring security, without receiving a paycheck and with outside intervention

Think about that. 80,000 Skinnies in Somalia with guns means thousands of isbaaros, pirates, and human smugglers. Really the Human value of Somalis to build and to rise is zero, zilch. This isn't self hating Wallahi, but I feel like I'm speaking the truth.

Hows the snow nicca? BTW I was just reading Koronto's thread :lol:

Firewall
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Firewall » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 pm

wallahi, i hate these fuckers that make these bull shit topics every other week

get a life :up:

Son_of_Somalia
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Son_of_Somalia » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 pm

I totally agree with Murax :up: :som:

new-york24
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby new-york24 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 pm

I was catching up with a good buddy of Mine who after High School joined the Marines and fought in Iraq.
I stopped reading after that,you should have asked him does he feel anymore american than the rest of us since he spilled the blood of muslims on their behalf?

Son_of_Somalia
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Son_of_Somalia » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Think abt it, Iraqis got rid of the fanatics through the awakening council
Yet instead of fighting the fanatics many of us support them against our own very interest in having a peaceful country to call home :|

ToughGong
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ToughGong » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:58 pm

I was catching up with a good buddy of Mine who after High School joined the Marines and fought in Iraq.
I stopped reading after that,you should have asked him does he feel anymore american than the rest of us since he spilled the blood of muslims on their behalf?
Wallaahi I almost did too,but I was compelled to carry on to see if the guy redeemed that fail'
He didn't man! he didn't.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:11 pm

the iraqi awakening councils were paid millions to turn against AQ in IRQ. I don't think billions of dollars was spent on Somalia. So the comparison is really stupid and silly. Secondly, more Iraqis doctors and civilians have been killed than in Somalia. Walahi, The Iraqis make SOmalis look like angels with some of the things they did to each other recently. People who went to collect the bodies of relatives from morques were routinely killed by the Mahdi militia. Again, another silly comparison. Monkey Comparison. Monkey Thread. Monkey poster. :down: :sland:

Amethyst
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amethyst » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:22 pm

^ Agreed,

Ur friend was right. Comparing Iraqi's and Somalis should be like Comparing apples and oranges. Somalia's had no proper Gvnt for 2 decades, Iraq for much less than one. Different circumstances as well. It isnt JUST because the Iraqi's are trying so hard to succeed, and that they are resilient or whatever ( Not taking away their props!) but One must use their head and realize that an entire coalition of empires are currently helping it by pouring millions of dollars daily into its rebuilding. That is, rebuilding a country that already had better infrastructure by way of being one of most oil rich nations in the world. :roll:

I wont sugar coat it at all. Its true! We are at the stage where we've become the example everyone sets to whats considered that worst predicament possible, "dont become the next somalia, etc". However at the same time, this self defeatist attitude displayed isnt helping either. Give Credit where its due: Its amazing how much some of our folks have done with the little they've been given.
Last edited by Amethyst on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Actually He wasn't happy with His time there, and infact refused any sort of Government job afterwards even, thats how extreme He was. He was a Somali kid, who was having a lot of problems at home at around 17-18 and just left as a reaction. He came back, finished University, prays and wuu toobad keenay, marka Ilahay is ghaafir, so give people the benefit of the doubt.

To everybody else, the comparison is valid in My opinion. In Somalia You either have two extremes: Mooryaan/burcad or Shabab. I'd never see grassroots, non political movements like these awakening councils in Somalia. Somalia is really lacking in the Human Recourse factor, and that is the last factor You'd want to be lacking in. Btw, to prove how idiodic people here are, Aljazeera was 90% partial to the Iraqi side that was fighting the US, to the point When the militias fighting the US were in Faluujah, Aljazeera Had 1st hand access and were invited by them. They'd have no vested interest in reporting Iraq stablization, but this was the truth of what happened in the ground. Regardless of what the retarded neocons say, it wasn't a troops surge that worked in Iraq, but the shacbi came together and started restoring order and normalacy on their own, with no help from imperial US forces!

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 pm

^ I wont sugar coat it at all. Its true! We are at the stage where we've become the example everyone sets to whats considered that worst predicament possible, "dont become the next somalia, etc". However at the same time, this self defeatist attitude displayed isnt helping either. Give Credit where its due: Its amazing how much some of our folks have done with the little they've been given.

Ur right but remember these were literily neighborhood volunteers working for free not bribed soldiers!

If 80,000 "volunteers" were rounded up in Somalia and given guns, they would use it to subjegate and oppress rival clans, set up isbaaros,rape Women, and all sort of burcad behavior. LETS BE MEN, and stop the bitching and admit We are lacking in something! Yes some of it is out of our control, but most of it is our doing! LIke these volunteers, We as Somalis in the diaspora need to roll up our sleeves and stop waiting for handouts. Every Somali Has a arsenal of weapons, if Somalis Had any morality they would have set up some sort of neighborhood, distict vounteers like these Iraqis but We don't, because collectively We as Somalis whether in the diaspora or in Somalia have less human capacity than Iraqis or damn every nation on earth. Look even no furthur then this forum, We do nothing more then insult other Somalis i.e midgaan, i.e bantu, i.e this and then these idiots are the first ones to scream fake Somalinimo.

new-york24
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby new-york24 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:31 pm

Actually He wasn't happy with His time there, and infact refused any sort of Government job afterwards even, thats how extreme He was. He was a Somali kid, who was having a lot of problems at home at around 17-18 and just left as a reaction. He came back, finished University, prays and wuu toobad keenay, marka Ilahay is ghaafir, so give people the benefit of the doubt.
In that case may allah SW except both his and our repentance.

By the way murax,dont forget the so called sunni awakening were paid millinos of dollars to change their stance on the war.If you ask me nothing is more shameful than to put up a fight only to be prastituted by the enemy.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:35 pm

@Murax, if you think the awakening councils were not political movements then you don't know anything about iraq. They were not some rosy citizens as some media is making out to be. Basically, they were just moryaan who were fighting against the Americans and Shias. After realising that they were losing political influence in Iraq to the Shia government and Mahdi militia, and that AQ in IRQ was attempting to create its own Salafi Jihadi state monopoly, they decided to engage with the US. At the end of the day, they were/moryaan who were swayed by money( bullshit@they were working for free). Nothing more; Nothing less. The awakening councils probably killed as many Shias as AQ when they were fighting the in the resistance. Choose a better example to glorify next time you went put down Somalis, sxb.

This is the fat warlord who was behind the awakening councils. the guy made alot of money, but his life was cut short by AQ. Give a warlord in SOmalia millions of dollars and I am sure he will have a lot of volunteers.

ToughGong
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ToughGong » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 pm

^^
THEY'RE JUST BIDING THEIR TIME WAITING FOR "UNCLE HOOYADII WASE" TO GO
'COS WITH ALL THAT MONEY THEY GOT FROM "THE UNMENTIONABLE" HAS BEEN USED TO BUY MORE SOPHISTICATED WEAPONS.THEN IT'S GONNA GO OFF BIG TIME
Last edited by ToughGong on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 pm

In that case may allah SW except both his and our repentance.

By the way murax,dont forget the so called sunni awakening were paid millinos of dollars to change their stance on the war.If you ask me nothing is more shameful than to put up a fight only to be prastituted by the enemy.
To be honest with You, looking at things from a macquul, reasonable point of view, its better for them to temporairly do what they have to do and at least be able to live in Your Country, Your home rather then becoming refugees scattered all over the world and having Your Women prostitute for a living and the Men beg on the streets. No offence but theres a lot of people like You who talk like this and My question is When they were gonna become refugees adiga ma marti gelin lahayd? Aduunka nobody gives a crap about nobody. Diinta waxay leedahay if theres something bad remove it, but if the result is going to be something even more bad then leave it the way it is.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.