Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalia's Oil potential

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Ganjaweed
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Somalia's Oil potential

Postby Ganjaweed » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:11 pm

According to this it doesn't exist, meaning there aren't any oil reserves in somalia? :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves

galia2
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Somalia's Oil potential

Postby galia2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:14 pm

It does exist, its the world best kept secret

BaasAbuur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Appealing for the release of Volkert van der Graaf.

Postby BaasAbuur » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Everything suggests there is oil and natural gas in Somalia.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 pm

There is Oil in Somalia. I don't think any foreign group is willing to fully invest in a country without a central government, hence why no announcement of major reserves

Ganjaweed
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ganjaweed » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Everything suggests there is oil and natural gas in Somalia.
What do you mean? I have'nt seen anything whatsoever that suggests somalia has any oil. Minerals perhaps, but not oil, unless you have info that suggests otherwise?
There is Oil in Somalia. I don't think any foreign group is willing to fully invest in a country without a central government, hence why no announcement of major reserves
The political situation iin somalia has no connection with it having any oil. I'm not talking about government investigations, I'm talking about foreign estimates.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:25 pm

There are no PROVEN oil reserves in Somalia, in other words there may be oodles of it, there may be none, and the only way to find out which is to do oil exploration.

Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Finding oil in Somalia will just complicate things, instead of fighting over grazing land and water wells, oil will be the new thing to fight over.

dawwa9
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dawwa9 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Stupid Somalis missed the oil boom,

The next decade will all be about renewables

galia2
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby galia2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:02 pm

There tons of offshore oil in Hobyo, my clans gonna be rich :som:

Ganjaweed
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ganjaweed » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Stupid Somalis missed the oil boom,

The next decade will all be about renewables
Waxaas ayaan aniguna ka baqaneyaa. :down:
Finding oil in Somalia will just complicate things, instead of fighting over grazing land and water wells, oil will be the new thing to fight over.
I meant if there is ever peace in somalia. Obviously if oil was ever found in somalia, it would just be another nigeria or even worse.

Ganjaweed
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ganjaweed » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:17 pm

There are no PROVEN oil reserves in Somalia, in other words there may be oodles of it, there may be none, and the only way to find out which is to do oil exploration.
I have a feeling there isn't gonna be any oil to be found. I think all the oil in that region is in the arabian peninsula. There is no oil in eritrea or ethiopia (except tiny amount in ogaden).

dawwa9
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dawwa9 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:19 pm

I have a feeling there isn't gonna be any oil to be found. I think all the oil in that region is in the arabian peninsula. There is no oil in eritrea or ethiopia (except tiny amount in ogaden).

Somalia has been moving around quite alot the last couple of millions of years

Theres definitely a lot of oil there, especially in Puntland and other eastern regions, but honestly it is waaaay to late for them to make any real money out of it.

They should have started in the 1980's

galia2
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby galia2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:23 pm

I think that their is tons of oil, especially around the Mudug/Galgaduud region :som:
The population of somalia is like only 9 million while Nigeria is like 160 million. If we get oil, walahi we would all be rich and there would be enough dollars to pass around

snoop12
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby snoop12 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 pm

trust me i know this kind of stuff, and i can assure you guys that Somalia both has oil and it can benefit more than the yesteryears.

oil is becoming a rare commodity, and this will encourage competition and higher bits, better income :up:

Ganjaweed
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ganjaweed » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:48 am

trust me i know this kind of stuff, and i can assure you guys that Somalia both has oil and it can benefit more than the yesteryears.

oil is becoming a rare commodity, and this will encourage competition and higher bits, better income :up:
Well, if there is or if there isn't, we need a strong stable government either way. Since we seem to be signing away our "off-shore reserves" because of the greed and short-sightedness of these petty TFG "ministers".

Benevalent Dictatorship all the way :som: :up:

Somalia has been moving around quite alot the last couple of millions of years

Theres definitely a lot of oil there, especially in Puntland and other eastern regions, but honestly it is waaaay to late for them to make any real money out of it.

They should have started in the 1980's
I don't mean any guess work, I'm talking about any strong possibility whether somalia has oil potential (and I mean huge oil potential e.g. UAE, not like gypsy yemen) or not backed up by serious and credible research. However, I know that with somalias current predicament, no-one will bother for now. I just wanted to know if there was any technology that can give an estimate without actually having to drill anything?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.