Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Habesha people

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Re: Habesha people

Postby bareento » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:56 am

But we r grateful to our Somalis neighbours for their help :rose: when speaking our language was forbidden in our country u helped us to have a radio :rose:

B.
When was this? Under who's rule?
Sometime during Haile Sellaase's reign I believe. He was afraid from the fledging nationalism and forbode broadcasting in oromo.

B.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:02 am

But we r grateful to our Somalis neighbours for their help :rose: when speaking our language was forbidden in our country u helped us to have a radio :rose:

B.
Sometime during Haile Sellaase's reign I believe. He was afraid from the fledging nationalism and forbode broadcasting in oromo.

B.
Wasn't he half Oromo as well?

Aren't Oromo the largest enthuse group in Ethiopia? Why isn't Afan Oromo the national language?

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CoolPoisons » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:03 am

isnt Selassie Oromo himself?

i know Oromo liberation front was supported by Siyad

Siyad made big camps and houses outside Mogadishu for Oromo refugees in 1980. they still live there

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:09 am

B.
Wasn't he half Oromo as well?

Aren't Oromo the largest enthuse group in Ethiopia? Why isn't Afan Oromo the national language?
Except for a short time in Gondar court, Amharic has always been the court language, hence it became the national language.
Haile Sellaases attitude toward Oromos were ambiguous, he favored Oromos from Shawa and Wallagga, in many aspects, militarly , economically. Most of his high ranking generals were Oromos.
But he was assimilitionist...

B.

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:12 am

isnt Selassie Oromo himself?

i know Oromo liberation front was supported by Siyad

Siyad made big camps and houses outside Mogadishu for Oromo refugees in 1980. they still live there
Cool, most of Habesha nobility r mixing with Oromos since the 17th century ....and most oromos elites
from central and western oromo lands r mixed with habeshas :ugeek:

B.

hanqadh
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: soo dhalin la wada garan wali suuqa dhagaxbuur dhiigoodu ma qoyana!

Postby hanqadh » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:19 am

Who Gives a shit.

Xabashi stingy fockers, who wouldnt give out a dollar.Greed is apart of there DNA. :down:
Oromo a failed group of people. :down:

The Habash have always relied on external powers to survive. :down:

Haile was a Homosexual Axmaar. :down:

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:56 am

Really nice...just as long as you dont befriend them closely...Muslim or Gaal, they are a vindictive calculating people beyond the intial lovliness.. and an honest Somali would find it hard to be close friends with them.
typical female. one was not referring to everyday occurances and petty friendships. this is about their politics, their culture and their religion. their is something about their amazing, incredible courage, which led them to resist the attempt by Ahmad Gurey to Islamize them and plant Muslim sin their land. this is about their resistance to the Italians. this is about the way they way managed to befriend the colonials and inherit a nation of 70 million folks. this is about the way their influence reaches all the way from oromoland, to ogadenland, to somaliland and puntland, the latter via proxy and security arrangements. there must be something about their politics or as a people to get away with such domination for such a long time. so this shit is deep, in fact, deep, very, feri,deeb stuff. if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen xalimo! lastly, i greet you with the islamic greetings. after that, i greet you with a salam full of honey malab, cake, capuccino reer xamar, xalwa and lucious golden syrup, mixed with sugary somali shah, walal, :clap:
Siilkada u sheeg...have you seen what Ive quoted above? Absolute bile. It shows your lack of education and inability to write a coherent sentence or even make point, it makes me laugh that you think any of that was intelligent...the kids I tutor could write better and they are in their teens.

Who says its about their politics, culture, religion? It was an open ended question and anyone can answer as they please. PS - I have more education on this specific topic than ALL the people in this thread...I just dont make an issue of it usually. Dont try calling me out when you do not have a point to make. Whats with these attention seeking unbalanced, uneducated kids?

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 am

^^lol, someone is taking this shit personally. why quote only one sarcastic sentence and not the last part? why take this too another level and rant about your education? :heart:

ps. i am not going to boast or argue about education levels. Allah knows the academic achievements I have made in life . I am not one to boast though. My writing skills may not be that good, but it doesn't make up for intelligence nor does it prevent one from making simple comments on a loony forum. Also,I don't remember this being an essay board. so relax your fanax!

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:13 am

^^lol, someone is taking this shit personally. why quote only one sarcastic sentence and not the last part? why take this too another level and rant about your education? :heart:

ps. i am not going to boast or argue about education levels. Allah knows the academic achievements I have made in life . I am not one to boast though. My writing skills may not be that good, but it doesn't make up for intelligence nor does it prevent one from making simple comments on a loony forum. Also,I don't remember this being an essay board. so relax your fanax!
Exactly my point. I dislike it when men assume that women are of the stereotype you seem to believe we fit. Your post assumed that a woman did not have the intellectual capacity to discuss things beyond a certain level. Im telling you that I studied this shit, but doesnt mean I have to write every damn thing I have learn on this forum and flaunt it at every opportunity. Many, many Somali women under 30 in the diaspora get into higher education, far more than the men...so I suggest you drop the sexist attitude...that is all I was saying.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:15 am

Gaajounit's post is in response to a surrender deal signed with Atto Meles Zenawi:

Xukuumadda Itoobiya iyo mid ka mid ah Jabahadaha ka dagaalama Ismaamulka Soomaalida Itoobiya oo heshiis nabadeed kala saxiixday

Talaado April 06, 2010 (HOL) Dowladda Itoobiya ayaa heshiis nabadeed la saxiixatay Jabhadda Ogaadeenya oo ka mid ahayd jabahadaha ka dagaalama dhulka Ismaamulka Soomaalida Itoobiya.

Heshiiskan oo ka dhacay dalka Jabuuti ayaa labada dhinac waxay ku gaareen inay joojiyaan dagaalladii u dhexeeyay, waxaana sidoo kale heshiis midkan oo kale ah ay la gashay Jabhadda Somali-galbeed oo ka mid ah jabhadaha ka dagaalama dhulka Soomaalidu dagto ee Itoobiya.

"Heshiiskan wuxuu kasoo bilowday dalka Denmar bishii December ee sannadkii hore waxaana si rasmi ah loogu saxiixay dalka Jabuuti Sabtidii lasoo dhaafay" ayuu yiri sarkaal sare oo ka tirsan Jabahadda Ogaadeenya ee heshiiska la saxiixatay Dowladda Addis Ababa.

Sarkaal u hadlay Dowladda Itoobiya ayaa sheegay in xukuumaddiisu ay wadahadal kula jirtay Jabahaddan, kuwaasoo ka dhacay dalal ku yaalla Afrika iyo Yurub, balse lagu guuleystay hadda in la kala saxiixo, ayna ku faraxsan yihiin heshiiskan.

"Waxaan joojinnay gabi ahaan dagaalladii hubeysnaa ee kala horjeednay Itoobiya, wixii hadda ka dambeeya waxaan doonaynaa inaan nabad kula noolaano waxaana lagu wadaa inaan labadeenna dhinac la hadalno saxaafadda Arbacadda berri ah" ayuu yiri sarkaal diiday inuu magciisa sheego oo ka tirsan Jabhadda Ogaadeenya.

Madaxa Guddiga Wadatashiga ee Jabahadda Ogaadeenya Sheekh Axmed Cabdi Nuur oo ahaa mas'uulkii ka dambeeyay wadahadallada lagu heshiiyay ayaa sheegay in heshiiskan ay u galeen sidii dadka Ismaamulka Soomaalida Itoobiya oo ku nool duruufo adag looga saari lahaa.

Dowladda Itoobiya iyo Jabhadda heshiiska la gashay ayaa waxaa dhexmaray dagaallo aad u daran oo sababay dhimasho iyo dhaawac fara badan intii ay ku dagaalamayeen Magaalooyinka Ismaamulka Soomaalida Itoobiya.

Maxamed Xaaji Xuseen, Hiiraan Online
maxuseen@hiiraan.com
Muqdisho, Soomaaliya

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Gedogurl, you are correct when you say more somali women are getting into higher education. Mind you, I don't believe having good writing skills or getting into higher education necessarily makes one more "intelligent". I also don't believe hastily written topics on a somali forum, which are put together in a couple of mintes, can be used to judge intelligence or levels of education. :up:

As for sexism, i was simply being sarcastic and joking. Therefore, i apologise if you took it in the wrong way.

lol@abdiwahab. when did you become a mind reader? the two scenarios are unrelated sxb.

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Gaajounit's post is in response to a surrender deal signed with Atto Meles Zenawi:

Xukuumadda Itoobiya iyo mid ka mid ah Jabahadaha ka dagaalama Ismaamulka Soomaalida Itoobiya oo heshiis nabadeed kala saxiixday

Talaado April 06, 2010 (HOL) Dowladda Itoobiya ayaa heshiis nabadeed la saxiixatay Jabhadda Ogaadeenya oo ka mid ahayd jabahadaha ka dagaalama dhulka Ismaamulka Soomaalida Itoobiya.

Heshiiskan oo ka dhacay dalka Jabuuti ayaa labada dhinac waxay ku gaareen inay joojiyaan dagaalladii u dhexeeyay, waxaana sidoo kale heshiis midkan oo kale ah ay la gashay Jabhadda Somali-galbeed oo ka mid ah jabhadaha ka dagaalama dhulka Soomaalidu dagto ee Itoobiya.

"Heshiiskan wuxuu kasoo bilowday dalka Denmar bishii December ee sannadkii hore waxaana si rasmi ah loogu saxiixay dalka Jabuuti Sabtidii lasoo dhaafay" ayuu yiri sarkaal sare oo ka tirsan Jabahadda Ogaadeenya ee heshiiska la saxiixatay Dowladda Addis Ababa.

Sarkaal u hadlay Dowladda Itoobiya ayaa sheegay in xukuumaddiisu ay wadahadal kula jirtay Jabahaddan, kuwaasoo ka dhacay dalal ku yaalla Afrika iyo Yurub, balse lagu guuleystay hadda in la kala saxiixo, ayna ku faraxsan yihiin heshiiskan.

"Waxaan joojinnay gabi ahaan dagaalladii hubeysnaa ee kala horjeednay Itoobiya, wixii hadda ka dambeeya waxaan doonaynaa inaan nabad kula noolaano waxaana lagu wadaa inaan labadeenna dhinac la hadalno saxaafadda Arbacadda berri ah" ayuu yiri sarkaal diiday inuu magciisa sheego oo ka tirsan Jabhadda Ogaadeenya.

Madaxa Guddiga Wadatashiga ee Jabahadda Ogaadeenya Sheekh Axmed Cabdi Nuur oo ahaa mas'uulkii ka dambeeyay wadahadallada lagu heshiiyay ayaa sheegay in heshiiskan ay u galeen sidii dadka Ismaamulka Soomaalida Itoobiya oo ku nool duruufo adag looga saari lahaa.

Dowladda Itoobiya iyo Jabhadda heshiiska la gashay ayaa waxaa dhexmaray dagaallo aad u daran oo sababay dhimasho iyo dhaawac fara badan intii ay ku dagaalamayeen Magaalooyinka Ismaamulka Soomaalida Itoobiya.

Maxamed Xaaji Xuseen, Hiiraan Online
maxuseen@hiiraan.com
Muqdisho, Soomaaliya
say what..... :shock: :shock: :shock: ..is onlf signing peace deals with ethiopia.. :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :down:

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:36 pm

say what..... :shock: :shock: :shock: ..is onlf signing peace deals with ethiopia.. :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :down:

I think it's the WSLF who are.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Abdisamad,

Why shouldn't they ? Faroole does and you don't call for his overthrow ?

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Generally speaking I don't like Xabashis.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.