Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warlords Next Door?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

The Warlords Next Door?

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 am

The Warlords Next Door?

Anyone seen this documentary. I am watching this right now. It's about Somali politic ans and their relationship with the UK.

Highlights so far

Xamar is in tatters yet is still Somali's most beautiful place
The people are very resilient
Somali leaders waiting outside the Ethiopian embassy waitstaff orders
The suffering of the children is heartbreaking

Started again, I will come back later

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: The Warlords Next Door?

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 am

A car bomb hits the reporters convoy. An Ethiopina guard dies :clap: But sadly 2 Somali civilians die

A Somali woman is also injured yet no one helps her. She arrives in the hospital later still holding the oil she brought from the market :|

Amethyst
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amethyst » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 am

Pretty sure the Dateline 20/20 Samatar Case interview went by the same Title. :?

Maybe someone can post a link when its done playing?

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 am

The Somali Police Minster at the time used to be a Hodan supervisor :lol:

They went to a refugee camp. All just women and child. All suffering while their men are in the city fighting or trying to make a living. There was a little Somali Bantu girl who leg was severed by Ethiopian fire and was left blinded in one eye.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 am

Pretty sure the Dateline 20/20 Samatar Case interview went by the same Title. :?

Maybe someone can post a link when its done playing?
http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/d ... or/2243452

Here is the link.............

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am

Oxidant,

The news journalist is a crazy guy but a good chap. He was a fearless journalist especially when he first arrived in Xamar in 2006.

Btw, you should watch this clip on another related topic you like:

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:54 am

Why isn't A/Y trialled for crimes against humanity? He spoke about the coming government offensive. He stated " If civilians don't get fighters out of their area, then it's their fault if something happens to them" " Civilians should either leave or face the consequences"

My mother said AY doesn't care about peace in Somalia, he just wanted to avenge what happened to Darood in 1991 in Xamar. I doubted that but watching this I believe her

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:55 am

He is speaking to Hawiye elders now

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 am

Why isn't A/Y trialled for crimes against humanity? He spoke about the coming government offensive. He stated " If civilians don't get fighters out of their area, then it's their fault if something happens to them" " Civilians should either leave or face the consequences"

My mother said AY doesn't care about peace in Somalia, he just wanted to avenge what happened to Darood in 1991 in Xamar. I doubted that but watching this I believe her

Oxidant,

There is a list of all TFG officials who were involved in the torture of civilians. Some of them hold EU, American, Canadian passports.

Unlike the 1980s/1990s wars, this one was well documented.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 am

Oxidant,

There is a list of all TFG officials who were involved in the torture of civilians. Some of them hold EU, American, Canadian passports.

Unlike the 1980s/1990s wars, this one was well documented.

AbdiWahab252

After watching his documentary. All I can say is Hawiye needs to get their house in order. Get rid of Al-Shabab and start a new fresh political force. The civilians need protect from their kinship. All Hawiye needs to unite.

JaMaaL-23
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby JaMaaL-23 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 am

Mama is always right dear Oxident, just make sure you watch water-boy movie to confirm my claim.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:08 am

Mama is always right dear Oxident, just make sure you watch water-boy movie to confirm my claim.

I don't know whether you are being sarcastic

My mother is from the same tribe as A/Y.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 am

Oxidant,

I preached to the Hawiye about the dangerous clouds gathering after the brief quiet under the UIC, but few listened.

I was made an outcast for my strong opposition to the UIC. Even some friends began to give me this negative look and avoided me.

Yet today, they see the dangers I spoke of.

Hawiye's curse = rejecting their splendid men to lead them, and promoting lackeys to lead.

JaMaaL-23
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby JaMaaL-23 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:16 am

I think Mama was just acting like daddy's tribe at this instance

A/y gave a good shot @ restoring Somalia to its past glory, but was undermined by the international community. Somalis just need to be karbaashed into some sense.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:21 am

I think Mama was just acting like daddy's tribe at this instance

A/y gave a good shot @ restoring Somalia to its past glory, but was undermined by the international community. Somalis just need to be karbaashed into some sense.

Gave a good shot? Yet bringing Ethiopian Christian into Somalia would have restored Somalia. :roll:

He has divided Somalia even more. Most people were over clan politics until he decided in bringing the Ethiopians, UIC were the best thing that happened to Xamar since Siad. The man is a mass murderer. His body should be dragged along the streets of Xamar. Even Aideed wouldn't have brought in Ethiopians.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.