Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I Wish This Disease On All You'll Here

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

I Wish This Disease On All You'll Here

Postby Advo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Children with the genetic condition known as Williams syndrome have unusually friendly natures because they lack the sense of fear that the rest of us feel in many social situations. Now, a study reported in the April 13th issue of Current Biology, a Cell Press publication, suggests that children with Williams Syndrome are missing something else the rest of us have from a very tender age: the proclivity to stereotype others based on their race.

The findings support the notion that social fear is at the root of racial stereotypes. The researchers say the results might also aid in the development of interventions designed to reduce discriminatory attitudes and behavior towards vulnerable or marginalized groups of society.

"This is the first study to report the absence of racial stereotypes in any human population," said Andreas Meyer-Lindenberg of the Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim/University of Heidelberg, who coauthored the paper with Andreia Santos and Christine Deruelle of the Mediterranean Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience in Marseille.

Previous studies have shown that stereotypes are found ubiquitously in typically developing children—as early as age 3—as they are in adults, Meyer-Lindenberg explained. Even children with autism display racial stereotypes, despite profound difficulties in daily social interaction and a general failure to show adapted social knowledge.

In their study, the researchers showed children a series of vignettes with people differing in race or gender and asked the children to assign positive or negative features to those pictured. Typical children made strongly stereotypical assignments both for sex roles and for race, confirming the results of previous studies. On the other hand, children with Williams syndrome showed no evidence for racial bias.

"The unique hypersociable profile of individuals with Williams syndrome often leads them to consider that everybody in the world is their friend," Meyer-Lindenberg said. "In previous work, we have shown that processing of social threat is deficient in people with the syndrome. Based on this, we suspected that they would not show a particular preference for own-race versus other-race characters. The finding that racial stereotypes in children with Williams syndrome were completely absent was nevertheless surprising in its degree."

The children with Williams syndrome did make stereotypical sex role assignments just like normal children. That finding suggests that different forms of stereotyping arise from different brain mechanisms, the researchers say, and that those mechanisms are selectively affected in some way by the genetic alteration that causes Williams syndrome (the loss of about 26 genes on chromosome 7).

http://labspaces.net/103082/When_social ... tereotypes

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: I Wish This Disease On All You'll Here

Postby Advo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:38 pm

The side effects are: facial distortion, cardiac problems, and retardation of mental and physical development.

Which seems a win win situation since we already suffer from those side effects without the syndrome :lol:

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 am

How scary...these kids can so easily be taken advantage of...Ilaahayow thank you for my mental health.

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CoolPoisons » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:54 am

How scary...these kids can so easily be taken advantage of...Ilaahayow thank you for my mental health.
90% of snetters have mental problems and Ur no exception

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 am

Haye...you starting on me again :roll:

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CoolPoisons » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:58 am

Haye...you starting on me again :roll:
dee ma been baan sheegay hadaan iri 90%. Ileen wax kasta ma personal attack ayaa u taqaana.

Caku Rer Gedo iyo jilicsidooda.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 am

Iyaa...Cool.....You have issues. Iskakey dhaaf oo amman isii baan ku irri..personal attaagaada ma aqani e. Waali ama dhamiinimo xageed igu aragtey? Oo maxaad rabtaa inaan dhaho...'yes cool, Im a looney and/or quite slow'? :|

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CoolPoisons » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:12 am

haye ma Advo camal ayaan kugu noqdey

na heedhe, stop taking every so serious. CoolPoison kaftan kali ayuu yaqaana ee wax kale ha u arkin.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:17 am

Kaftaankaaga wass, I saw what you said in the private section, f-king prick.

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CoolPoisons » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:21 am

Kaftaankaaga wass, I saw what you said in the private section, f-king prick.
^^ :lol: Mad May i say it here again

Hutu lover

laakin cayda iga jooji and dont forget to take Ur medication

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:25 am

Aan hutu jeclaado ama aan maassaai jeclaado, I dont give a fuck, lakiin ha ka hadlin dadka familkooda you f-king insecure bastard. Where is that Hawiye guy that knocked you out last month, I think you need a good fisting this time, qajac yahow futada qoyan.

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CoolPoisons » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:29 am

^^ Rer Gedo cay xuma :lol: :lol:

Hadaad qof cayeysid, qaab ayuu leeyahay. Nayaa, dumar ma la tirsado ee meel fariso. Qofna familigaaga ka ma hadlin. No one gives a flying fock about Ur family.

how the fock's kalmada Hutu lover related to Ur family mise magaca Hutu ayaa familigaaga kugu jira?

Mad May
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mad May » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:32 am

Hutu a ku waso, that guy didnt punch you, he raped you so ma'ahan? :?

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 am

Ileen you are illiterate as well as a fag. Conversation over.

Loool @ May :lol:

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:40 am

alaa .. private sectionka waa isku caaysin uun :shock:

Thank God i didnt reveal my name iyo kuwi ii dhalay too sadeboi ... tolow cey ba iga buuxin laheeden as soon as we got into a little argument ..

sheegato for life 8-) rather than that

gedo_gurl abaayo wiilka saas ha u caynin . lool waxa tahay the woman leader of sade here

coolpoison aboowe stop beign so arrogant . haadi kale i will not be in ur fan group anymore . lol

:rose: :rose: :som:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.