Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Canadian somalis begging canadian jews

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Canadian somalis begging canadian jews

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Mon May 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Jewish community to mentor Ottawa Somalis

Monday, May 03, 2010

Ottawa's Jewish community is volunteering to help young Somali-Canadians develop contacts in the city and break into professional fields.

The Canadian Somali Congress and the Canadian International Peace Project are holding an information and registration session this Saturday at Carleton University for Somali-Canadian university and college students and young professionals who might like to have a mentor.

The Canadian Somali-Jewish Mentorship Project in Ottawa is modelled on a successful program established in Toronto by Ahmed Hussen, president of the Canadian Somali Congress.

Hussen came up with the idea after running into a young Somali-Canadian with a degree in accounting who was working at Tim Hortons. The young man couldn't get the practical experience he needed to get chartered because he didn't know any accountants.

"We sent an open letter to all Canadian communities in Canada, and we said, 'We are the Somali community in Canada. We have a deficit of professionals. And we have a surplus of people who want to be mentored,'" he said. "And the first and fastest community to respond was the Jewish community."

Upon reflection, it's not surprising that the Jewish community stepped forward, Hussen said, as Jews went through similar growing pains in decades past.

"They know what it's like not to be able to get access to certain professions."

Mark Zarecki, head of Jewish Family Services of Ottawa, said he has no doubt mentors will sign up.

He said there is a "streak" in the Jewish community of tikkun olam — a Hebrew term that means "healing the world."

"And I think this fits that concept of helping other communities." Zarecki said.

Hussen said he hopes one day Somali-Canadian professionals in turn will be able to take their turn mentoring a new generation of immigrants from somewhere else.

:down:

Mr. Yungnfresh
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Canadian somalis begging canadian jews

Postby Mr. Yungnfresh » Mon May 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Canadian Somali Congress
They're Hawiye.

Firewall
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Firewall » Mon May 03, 2010 4:56 pm

nothing wrong with jews, would u rather these youth joining gangs and killing each other?

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Mon May 03, 2010 4:58 pm

this is ignorant mentality that keeps us from progress.

i will take any vantage point availed to me....yahuud or no yahuud, an opportunity is an opportunity.

Firewall
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Firewall » Mon May 03, 2010 4:59 pm

this is ignorant mentality that keeps us from progress.

i will take any vantage point availed to me....yahuud or no yahuud, an opportunity is an opportunity.
Your too good for us :rose:

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Mr,you are very sick person. Read the title and the story. Where does it say hutus.

Why beg a yahudi who supports israel when pakistanis or iranians are also smart?
Atleast these people share same faith.
Last edited by AhlulbaytSoldier on Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 pm

A lot of Jews are good people. Speaking from experience. To be honest the only family friends that have been very helpful to us are Jewish. Probably the reason why they're the only gaalo people invited by my parents to eat Afur with us.

And Masha Allah to the proactiveness of their community leader. Most Somali community leaders are garbage. :down:

Enlightened

Postby Enlightened » Mon May 03, 2010 5:01 pm

what is wrong excepting help from jews?
at least they are thinking about their future.
my boss is jewish. he was born and raised in Jerusalem. he is a wonderful human being
Last edited by Enlightened on Mon May 03, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Mon May 03, 2010 5:06 pm

My bestfriend is a jew and I love her to death :clap:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm

I would rather die.

union
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby union » Mon May 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Mr,you are very sick person. Read the title and the story. Where does it say hutus.

Why beg a yahudi who supports israel when pakistanis or iranians are also smart?
The Jewish community responded the fastest and was the most eager to help. Also, why the fuck would a Shia Iranian or a Pakistani give a fuck about Somalis. If they wanted to help, they would have responded.

Amethyst
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amethyst » Mon May 03, 2010 5:24 pm

What a misleading title. No one begged "the Jews", They seemed to have volunteered to help themselves. Great initiative, too, as Lack of networking has always been the mother of all failure to make it to the top. :up:

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Mon May 03, 2010 6:24 pm

OMG. All of them will grow pony tails. OMG! They will start wailing and rocking their heads at the starbucks yale. OMG. They will greet other SOmalis with schalom! :clap:

Mr. Yungnfresh
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Mr. Yungnfresh » Mon May 03, 2010 6:33 pm

I know for a fact that the head of the Canadian Somali Congress might be Hawiye.

What offends you more though, the fact that they're getting assistance from the Yahuud...or the audacity of progress and development?

GacanSareeye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GacanSareeye » Mon May 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Nice job Somalis, you cant open a door unless you have keys, and jews have all the codes and keys to the world, i mean the professional world. That we realize this now is a great progress itself and i can only image the good things that would come out of that collaboration. I have always heard about this program but never read it. i was mad just like Hutuking before i actually read what the whole thing was about and asked myself; what do jews and muslims have in common after all the historical, political, and social differences and hate. i thought it was along those lines and was realigning some of those decks already stacked well by Allah and others, but that this is purely professional, purely job related, and purely world related i couldnt be any happier. its even in the quran 'fasaluu ahla dikri inkuntum laa taclamuun'. Hutuking's current boss for all we know could be a jew, his counselor, or if he is really doing worse his social worker :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.