Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

half somali half oromo

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: half somali half oromo

Postby Murax » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Oromos are nothing but true polishers for Amhara/Tigray
Same stereotypical tired old Murax spittin the same old shit. Tell me it must be tiresome to spin the same old broken record over and over, why not try a new record and talk about the Somali situation.....or am I interfering with a cooping mechanism of yours that helps you deal with current day somali dilemma by caging in frustrations caused by you and your people and turns into by ripping other peoples?

Go serve Your Amhara/Tigray master, You lowly Oromo. Braveheart Ogadeens, will continue their liberation struggle while You are polishing shoes :up:

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Oromo=Midgaan only a certain Somali intergrate among them: Dirs-Ogadeens-Hawiyes-Isaaqs.

BODHI
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby BODHI » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:33 pm

I DIDN'T CREATE THIS THREAD SO Y'ALL COULD BASH OROMO'S LET ME JUST SAY THEIR NOT THE
ONES DODGING BULLETS THEY ARE LIVING IN PEACE UNLIKE MAJORITY OF SOMALIS

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:24 am

Ogadenia's animosity toward Oromo seems to be incomprehensible when analysed rationally.
But I think history can explain this not so irrational animosity...
the bloodiest and the most treacherous Oromo enemy in the horn since 150-175 years are Ogadenis (and their allied tribes)
Every treaty Oromo made with them ended in desaster for Oromos!
Its in human nature that the betrayer and the killer never forget his deeds and keeps on boasting.

Oromos must open their eyes, and stop their childish anti-Ethio mantra and make strategic alliance with Amharas (even as junior partner).
Somalis will kill u all and sell u to Arabs as slaves!

B.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:41 am

Bareento, im an ogaden, well sort of,lol.
i never heard enemosity toward oromo, the only place heard people calling names is here somalinet.

i always thought they were closer to us than others including somalis in other side!!

so tell me there was a war between the 2? and when that was.

Ganjaweed
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ganjaweed » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 am

Oromo=Midgaan only a certain Somali intergrate among them: Dirs-Ogadeens-Hawiyes-Isaaqs.
Qudhun qudhun dhaley, keep your fishy mouth away from your lord and masters. :arrow:

:sland: :up:

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:56 am

Ganjaweed aka gedo gurl hayee iskaa waraan? :|

:lol:

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:13 am

Ogadenia's animosity toward Oromo seems to be incomprehensible when analysed rationally.
the bloodiest and the most treacherous Oromo enemy in the horn since 150-175 years are Ogadenis (and their allied tribes)
Its in human nature that the betrayer and the killer never forget his deeds and keeps on boasting.

Oromos must open their eyes, and stop their childish anti-Ethio mantra and make strategic alliance with Amharas (even as junior partner).

B.

Are you joking about Somalis killing and making you into slave?

Did you forget what Abyssinian kings done to Oromos. Somalis are savage people while Amharas are calculated savage people. Choose wisely

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 am

i never heard enemosity toward oromo, the only place heard people calling names is here somalinet.

i always thought they were closer to us than others including somalis in other side!!

Hyper,
I am just keeping up with this forum's standards 8-)
I dont know much about ogadenia , have no animosity toward its inhabitants and support their selfdetermination!
I even think its in Ethiopias interest that Ogadenii problem be solved by Ogadenian self determination :up:

This being said, I am working on a theory uniting Amharas and Oromos to create a power house in the horn;
I hope this theory will have more success than my other stunning theories 8-)

B.

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:54 am

B.

Are you joking about Somalis killing and making you into slave?

Did you forget what Abyssinian kings done to Oromos. Somalis are savage people while Amharas are calculated savage people. Choose wisely
I would rather say Amharas are more of Empire builders than Savages.They are not driven by hatred but interest!
Historically Oromo terrorized amharas more than the other way round...

B.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:29 am

^^Ras Gobena :up: :lol:

Gara Man
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Gara Man » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 am

Go serve Your Amhara/Tigray master, You lowly Oromo. Braveheart Ogadeens, will continue their liberation struggle while You are polishing shoes :up:
Nobody is polishing shoes around here, i live in the real world while you live in fairytale land, while your real land is in turmoil and has been for 20 years. You are sitting talking about Oromo when Oromo is not giving a damn about you.

As for ogadeens, yes they are fighters it looks like but its hard to compare Oromo and Ogadeen as you have.

First Ogadeens are Nomads and Oromos are tillers.
Its much easier for a group of people to resist a force if they are constantly on the move and dont attach themselves to a certain land, as it would hard for an army to find you. Where as if you were a farmer an army would know exactly where you are and you would hold more regard for the land because of crops being grown. Even the Prophet I believe has said something about settling down and farming.

Ogadeens have other somalis to help them and arm them with weapons.
Ogadeens can get weapons from somalia because as it seems Somalia has an endless amount of weapons with an endless amount of bullets with having the longest coastline of Africa doesnt come without its benefits. This is used to arm there battles against the tigre. While Oromos have nobody to arm them. Actually in earlier times, it was somalis who supplied us with weapons. Some eastern Oromo, such as jarso, used to get weapons from djbouti and somaliland.But now it is implausible for oromos to arm ourselves via somalia when meles has such good relationships with both these states.

If we go back to the history and look at Meneliks armies and the stance taken from people around this area, Ogadeens first wanted Minilik to come and maybe civilize the area.While some Jijiga somalis such as bartire and Geri who lived in the hills resented meneliks and hated him because them jijiga somalis were part time cultivators while ogadeens were complete nomads. As i already explained to you what are the consequences between the two.The ogadeen stance latter changed and they became hostile.
And for the Oromo around this area at that time, we fought the invading force and lost and thats the end of that story.

As for another factor of the difficulties of comparing Oromos and ogadeens is that Oromos have better land than Somali And different scenario. Yes ONLF are fighting to free their lands but it has alot to do with the current Ethiopian regime not helping the Ogadens by developing their lands and making schools for them. As well as having barren lands with livestock dieing and decrease rainfalls the only thing you can do is fight. But for Oromo are land is good, yes decrease rainfalls hurts are crops but that why we grow the drought resistant khat. Things are being developed but at a slow place and surely not at the level of Mekele or adis saba'. So what i am trying to say are difficulties are not are the same as Ogadens.

Gara Man
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Gara Man » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:22 am

I DIDN'T CREATE THIS THREAD SO Y'ALL COULD BASH OROMO'S LET ME JUST SAY THEIR NOT THE
ONES DODGING BULLETS THEY ARE LIVING IN PEACE UNLIKE MAJORITY OF SOMALIS
Bohdi to answer your orginal question, it matters what environment the mixed oromo/somali individual lives in. If it is Oromo environment the person is most likely to be oromo if somali then somali. You know they are full somalis who are basically oromos that have grown up with us and there are full oromos that stayed among somalis.
Other than this i think it depends on what the mother is....Thats whose identy these types usually choose.

Gara Man
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Gara Man » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:56 am

Actually hyper i remember a story my gran dad once said. That there existed of a rebellion of oromo and somali in haraghe(note all ogaden plus oromo hararghe all the way to awash as well as issa habituated lands except djbouti was called haraghe)with most of the somalis consisted of ogadens. However the rebellion resulted in complete failure. When the amhara, came through the somalis left b/c they are nomads and should of been expected but it was the harari and oromo to face the consequences. In public squares of Dir dawa and harar, peoples bones and limbs were being shattered more people were being executed with a bullet to the dome while this was done to make sure that they never in their life contribute to such a unifying rebellion again. There are other variations to the story with some people saying the Ogadens betrayed us while stated the amhara spewed lies to split us up. Whatever the truth it was along time ago.

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:17 am

Actually hyper i remember a story my gran dad once said. That there existed of a rebellion of oromo and somali in haraghe(note all ogaden plus oromo hararghe all the way to awash as well as issa habituated lands except djbouti was called haraghe)with most of the somalis consisted of ogadens. However the rebellion resulted in complete failure. When the amhara, came through the somalis left b/c they are nomads and should of been expected but it was the harari and oromo to face the consequences. In public squares of Dir dawa and harar, peoples bones and limbs were being shattered more people were being executed with a bullet to the dome while this was done to make sure that they never in their life contribute to such a unifying rebellion again. There are other variations to the story with some people saying the Ogadens betrayed us while stated the amhara spewed lies to split us up. Whatever the truth it was along time ago.
I was told this story too...it was indeed long time ago even before Somali independance I suppose

On the other side, , when after the battle and defeat of Calanqoo, three thousand Oromo warriors were giving the last resistance to the invaders (just few Kilometers south of Harer town), Somali warriors came and fought alongside Oromos.
All of them, Somali and Oromo died in that last battle.No single warrior scaped!
They had no modern weapon :cry:

Masha Allah our ancestors knew how to die :up:

B.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.