Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

half somali half oromo

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: half somali half oromo

Postby grandpakhalif » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:23 am

Oromos, which tribes are 100% muslim?

Jaarso? What else?

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:32 am

Jaarso? What else?
Jaarsoo is a small sub-sub clan :D

On tribe level here r those who r predominantly muslim
All afran qalloo is Muslim
All Ituu is Muslim
Big part of Karayyuu is muslim
All (almost) Arsi is Muslim
Jimmaa is all Muslim
All Oromo speaking Walloo is muslim

There r pockets of muslim Population in all other oromo tribes.

Jaarso is a sub-sub-clan of Afran Qalloo ( it goes this way Jaarso-Daga-Qalloo).

B.

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Jaarso? What else?
Jaarsoo is a small sub-sub clan :D

On tribe level here r those who r predominantly muslim
All afran qalloo is Muslim
All Ituu is Muslim
Big part of Karayyuu is muslim
All (almost) Arsi is Muslim
Jimmaa is all Muslim
All Oromo speaking Walloo is muslim

There r pockets of muslim Population in all other oromo tribes.

Jaarso is a sub-sub-clan of Afran Qalloo ( it goes this way Jaarso-Daga-Qalloo).

B.
Jimmaa aint a clan, rather a city. The people of Jimmaa are maccaa, and i never knew this but there is a large minority group of musilm wollegas.
And you forgot the Aniyaa, they are all muslim.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 am

What percentage of Oromos are Muslims?

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:07 am

bodhi aint u one of them? and an athiest too? :lol:

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:16 am

Oromo's are good people :up: Great music. They should have been part of somalia than ethiopia.

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:26 pm

What percentage of Oromos are Muslims?
On Wikipedia it says something like 47 %, but i'm sure its more then that. Something like 65 - 75 % sounds right.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:34 am

Barentu aka Ras Gobena tell me when Amharas were ever nation builders?
What have they built that you are proud of ?
If its poverty then you are right.

But Amharas were never influential all they did is to exploit the chance of collaborating with the white colonialists in return for recognition, state of art weapons.
Was it not Ras Gobena that helped him subjugate the Oromo masses and forced them to change their culture religion name and I dentity just like Kunta Kinte of USA?

Menelik 2 was just a lice infested 'empror ' who was half naked and lived in castles left by the Portoguese just like the one they built in Mombasa (Fort Jesus).

History accoounts that this tyrant only become wealthy when he ransacked Wollo and Harar. Thats where the Abysinian wealth or pride was got from.

If Amharas were builders this farmers would have built canals across their land exploiting the R Nile.
So you cannot make a comparison between Somalis and Amharas.
Somalis have anarchists , warriors, enterprenuers etc.

Mind you the Ogaden however much the most deprived region in Ethiopia, their populace have a better living standard than the Amhara.

All the So called Amharas that are shouting are found in Addis and mostly are of Oromo origin or other ethnicities. While in the Amhara Kilil they are very very primitive.

Seems like you have beleived in all the lies you wer fed when you were growing up all Amhara benefited from was just being landlords and exploting other ethnic groups through an administrative system that was parasitic in nature.

So why do you need Amhara as an Oromo? or Do they signify the Brain power while Oromos are the working class?

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Barentu aka Ras Gobena tell me when Amharas were ever nation builders?
What have they built that you are proud of ?
If its poverty then you are right.

But Amharas were never influential all they did is to exploit the chance of collaborating with the white colonialists in return for recognition, state of art weapons.
Was it not Ras Gobena that helped him subjugate the Oromo masses and forced them to change their culture religion name and I dentity just like Kunta Kinte of USA?

Menelik 2 was just a lice infested 'empror ' who was half naked and lived in castles left by the Portoguese just like the one they built in Mombasa (Fort Jesus).

History accoounts that this tyrant only become wealthy when he ransacked Wollo and Harar. Thats where the Abysinian wealth or pride was got from.

If Amharas were builders this farmers would have built canals across their land exploiting the R Nile.
So you cannot make a comparison between Somalis and Amharas.
Somalis have anarchists , warriors, enterprenuers etc.

Mind you the Ogaden however much the most deprived region in Ethiopia, their populace have a better living standard than the Amhara.

All the So called Amharas that are shouting are found in Addis and mostly are of Oromo origin or other ethnicities. While in the Amhara Kilil they are very very primitive.

Seems like you have beleived in all the lies you wer fed when you were growing up all Amhara benefited from was just being landlords and exploting other ethnic groups through an administrative system that was parasitic in nature.

So why do you need Amhara as an Oromo? or Do they signify the Brain power while Oromos are the working class?
Patriot,

Politics is not about who did u wrong in the past, politics is about how to change the present and build better future.
If politics were about past wrong doings , i wouldnt have even pronounced the names of Ras Gobena and alike.
At Calanqo, my own sub-sub clan was almost annihilated...we lost liberty, wealth and dignity after that defeat!

Since then, the balance of power is at our disadvantage , and wont change in forseeble future...and Oromo need an ally.
The logical and natural ally would have been the Ogadeni ...but I came to think there is interest conflict!

Thats when, I came up with a completely new and maverick theory: why not change Oromos goal?
From undoing the 19th century defeats to only undoing the unjustice the defeat created; in that case Amharas are the best allys.
The first step in applying this theory, is to reread the history of Gobena and alikes, in new completely different light.
One should be bold enough to go beyond his petty clan's history and embrasse the whole nation: for me its difficult but I am doing my best.

So far this theory brought me mockeries and some resounding slaps: but its the fate of theoricians to accepet
criticism with joy even when its in the form of slaps.

My good friend, u justly pointed out the primitivism of Amhara peasantry, and the warriorness
of Somalis...except that is irrelevent to our current discussion.

U know that Amharas are empire builders; you questionning that is just plain rhetorics...

Nagayatti

B.
Last edited by bareento on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:36 pm

I only know one person and the mother is Somali.
But i do know alot of half Somali half Habashi people.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Barentu, So are you mixed thats what we call mushakal between Amhara/Oromo?
Tell me how did the oromo masses benefit from the gobena siding with amharas?
I bet most of the ancestors of this gobenas call themselves Amharas not 'Gallas'

Why I mentioned Amharas being Primitive and Somalis being warriors is a point I needed to raise with you.
You mentioned Amharas are netion buliders and I refuted it even we well know that Haile Selasie fled the country when Italians invaded it and we know that for 8 yrs there was no Amhara resistance till the British from Kenya marched in and reinstated him.
They then gave him financial assistance and till to date Ethiopia is addicted to the freign aid and people in Oromia are poverty striken and shoeless while Oromia is one of Africas richest regions.
Could you explain why Ethiopia is very poor as compared to other nations in Africa yet it was never colonised and there was less civil unrests as compared to its neighbours?

Barentu you one one person who believes that hitting ones head on the wall will crack it while all I just want to tell you is learn from History.

Oromo do not need Amhara unless you are an Amhara wana bee or A wolve in sheeps clothing.
Why not unite with other ethnic groups like Sidamo, waleita, Beni shengul, hiz boch, Gurage etc and thus try to make change rather than sustain the current crisis? are you are Naftenya ?

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Patriot,

If warriorness was determining point, oromos should have had a country by now!
Warriorness need a political structure to transform it into a country...unfortunately Somalis and Oromos lack this kind of structure.

Somais have no idea how Oromos fought bare handed against abyssinians; its unseen in history!
Arsi mobilized more than 200 000 strong army; half Arsi population was dead in those wars! they fought by spears against canons and rifles!
Afran Qallo bravely fought against Menelik, after 15 years of resistnce against Egypt!

The question is why all this braveness is not transformed into a state! The same is true with Somalis! why?

This needs thorough and maverick analysis; I invite u to do it...its about the political structure of these two nations.

I am not neftenyaa, I am a theoritians! I invent theories concerning almost everything

B.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Patriot,

If warriorness was determining point, oromos should have had a country by now!
Warriorness need a political structure to transform it into a country...unfortunately Somalis and Oromos lack this kind of structure.

Somais have no idea how Oromos fought bare handed against abyssinians; its unseen in history!
Arsi mobilized more than 200 000 strong army; half Arsi population was dead in those wars! they fought by spears against canons and rifles!
Afran Qallo bravely fought against Menelik, just after 15 years resistnce agianst Egypt!

The question is why all this braveness is not transformed into a state! The same is true with Somalis? why?

This needs thorough and maverick analysis; I invite to do it...its about the political structure of these two nations.

I am not neftenyaa, I am a theoritians! I invent theories concerning almost everything

B.
Bareentu why are you becoming defensive? I did not say Oromos never fought?
I do know of their struggle and how the gobenas plus the colonialsts ganged on the Oromos and the air bombardment of oromo rebels by the Brits in the mid 1930's in a bid to crush the rebelion.
What I wanted to refute is the point of Amharas being Nation builders while oromos being savage gala and Somalis being Shirtam. This is the way the Amhara wanted to potray ech ethnic group in the region while they justified their occupation and corruption.

You need also to be a pragmatist how are you a theoritician while the books you read seem to reveal they were written by Tedessa?

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Patriot,

The worst thing about stereotypes is that they have some kind of truth in them...
Somalis and Oromos were in no position of transforming their military victorys in state building...Amharis formulate this saying Oromos r Gallas and Somalis are shirritaam!

This inability is oftentimes explained by historical opportunities of Amaharas; I want to go beyond this usual lame excuses and analyse the facts.
Thats is why I say, its easier/realistic for Oromos to use the existing Ethiopian state structure, than destroying and creating another new one (that I doubt Oromos or Somalis capable of). And in this case using Amharas is pragmatism :up:

B.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Patriot,

The worst thing about stereotypes is that they have some kind of truth in them...
Somalis and Oromos were in no position of transforming their military victorys in state building...Amharis formulate this saying Oromos r Gallas and Somalis are shirritaam!

This inability is oftentimes explained by historical opportunities of Amaharas; I want to go beyond this usual lame excuses and analyse the facts.
Thats is why I say, its easier/realistic for Oromos to use the existing Ethiopian state structure, than destroying and creating another new one (that I doubt Oromos or Somalis capable of). And in this case using Amharas is pragmatism :up:

B.
Dude isnt it Ironic that the Amharas were able to 'defeat' Oromo and Somalis but were defeated by 3 million Tigrayans?
If you say its the Eritreans that helped them then you and I know that Menelik would never have left Gonder if the Brits, Italians and French did not provide an extended hand.

civilised people leave tracks , The phaores left Pyramids, the greeks and Romans left buildings and many more?
but yet I have to come across what the Amharas built apart from inventing famine and poverty.

All I want to tell you is you need to leave at least some space for other authors seems like too much Hailu, Tedesa influences in you. I hope you also did not make Tera sega your staple food.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.