Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Failed State claims Socotra

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Failed State claims Socotra

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:05 am

For First Time in History, Somalia Claims Socotra as Its Own

Yemen Post Staff
Wednesday, October 27, 2010

newsinsidSomalia has claimed that the islands of Yemeni Socotra Archipelago are part of it, requesting the United Nations to determine the status of the archipelago, executive director of the Saba Center for Strategic Studies said.

The unstable horn of Africa country with a transitional government receiving unlimited support from Yemen said it has the right to administer the archipelago, which lies about 340 km from the Yemeni coast, because it is located within its territory and borders, Ahmed Abdul Karim Saif made clear.

'The Somali claim is an unprecedented and dangerous indicator at a time when local activists and organizations are demanding to give Socotra a suitable status according to its geopolitical and strategic location, boost all services on it and take all necessary measures to keep other countries away from thinking of any part of Yemen.'

In response, Yemen submitted a request to the UN saying the archipelago is Yemeni and history and its influence on it prove its claim, he said.

Yemen's response came late and helped prevent a dispute over the archipelago, said Saif, as he ruled out that Socotra is currently a matter of dispute between the two countries.

The remarks were given at a seminar on Socotra, at which the participants voiced concerns about the situation of the archipelago amid poor basic services and infrastructure.

They said the current situation in Socotra could lead to unacceptable security, military and economic consequences that may hamper preparing the investment climate on it and its development as Yemen is seeking to better use its potentials.

Moreover, they urged the government to address all issues affecting the interest of the Socotra people and their traditions.

Crazy somalis wants to export violence to Socotra :mrgreen: :down:

Abdihaliim
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Failed State claims Socotra

Postby Abdihaliim » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 am

For First Time in History, Somalia Claims Socotra as Its Own

Yemen Post Staff
Wednesday, October 27, 2010

newsinsidSomalia has claimed that the islands of Yemeni Socotra Archipelago are part of it, requesting the United Nations to determine the status of the archipelago, executive director of the Saba Center for Strategic Studies said.

The unstable horn of Africa country with a transitional government receiving unlimited support from Yemen said it has the right to administer the archipelago, which lies about 340 km from the Yemeni coast, because it is located within its territory and borders, Ahmed Abdul Karim Saif made clear.

'The Somali claim is an unprecedented and dangerous indicator at a time when local activists and organizations are demanding to give Socotra a suitable status according to its geopolitical and strategic location, boost all services on it and take all necessary measures to keep other countries away from thinking of any part of Yemen.'

In response, Yemen submitted a request to the UN saying the archipelago is Yemeni and history and its influence on it prove its claim, he said.

Yemen's response came late and helped prevent a dispute over the archipelago, said Saif, as he ruled out that Socotra is currently a matter of dispute between the two countries.

The remarks were given at a seminar on Socotra, at which the participants voiced concerns about the situation of the archipelago amid poor basic services and infrastructure.

They said the current situation in Socotra could lead to unacceptable security, military and economic consequences that may hamper preparing the investment climate on it and its development as Yemen is seeking to better use its potentials.

Moreover, they urged the government to address all issues affecting the interest of the Socotra people and their traditions.

Crazy somalis wants to export violence to Socotra :mrgreen: :down:

:up:

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 am

I really support this, this focking Island belongs to somalis.... Puntland Pirates are the closest, they should take over that Island :up:

RuralMan08
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RuralMan08 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:51 am

Socotra belongs to Yemen, the people are yemeni, they speak yemeni dialects plus their own socotrian language. Even the black inhabitants look bantu and not somali.

These are the poepl of Socotra:

Image Cute girl

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:57 am

If I was the people of Socotra I'd do everything in my power to never be associated with Somalia.

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 am

If I was the people of Socotra I'd do everything in my power to never be associated with Somalia.
:lol:

RuralMan08
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RuralMan08 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yemeni s not doing any better, its very close to becoming a failed state and breaking into North and South Yemen. If anything Socotra should wish to be an independent island nation.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:02 am

:som: :som: :up: :up: :up:

Nobleman,

Yemen is claiming Somali waters until 12 nautical miles off the coast of Berbera.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 am

:som: :som: :up: :up: :up:

Nobleman,

Yemen is claiming Somali waters until 12 nautical miles off the coast of Berbera.
Bro Somalia has enough land that it cannot handle. Its like a crackhead / junkie wanting to run a successful business, it doesnt make sense.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

waryaa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby waryaa » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 am

is yemen its rightful owner? I doubt it.
a bit of unverified history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socotra It acknowledges somalis living there...

according to cnn, yemenis also claim this much larger island:
http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/9707/24/yemen.mars/

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 am

socotra should be part of somaliland ,, doorashada danbe wey ka so qeyb galayaan :up:

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:44 am

The Island belongs to somalia and everybody knows :som:

RuralMan08
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RuralMan08 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:44 am

The Island belongs to somalia and everybody knows :som:
:down: :down: :down:

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 am

Soktra we love U :clap:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.