Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World War I: Gallipoli Campaign

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

World War I: Gallipoli Campaign

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:16 pm

[youtube]B3E_OcZXRVk&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]F0d4zws3p6g&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]INTDAzKK7OU&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]SQsCQ4k8WTA&feature=related[/youtube]

Dude Turks are really brave 8-)
Somalis are just abunch of useless snitches and cowards :down:

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: World War I: Gallipoli Campaign

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm

lol, the film gallipoli is on e4 right now. :mrgreen:

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Yeah thats why I had to revisit it 8-)
But its the Turks that Karbashed the British Empire.
The Arabs were just as useless as Somalis :down:

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Yeah thats why I had to revisit it 8-)
But its the Turks that Karbashed the British Empire.
The Arabs were just as useless as Somalis :down:

If you say so :clap:

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:36 pm

The common misconception is that the arabs were unhappy with Ottoman rule and were just waiting for the chance to rebel, when the british helped them..

This is far from the truth...
Most arabs were loyal and saw themselves as Ottomans first and then arabs second.
Some of the most loyal troops and offciers where syrians..

Arab nationalism was a minority christian arab phenomena and did not have any impact on the arab public

It was the corrupt and incompetant actions of jamal pasha that drove many arabs away,
and then you have the hashemite traitor in the hejaz trusting the kufaar british over his muslim brothers..

what did he get? he was replaced by ibn saud becuase the british thought he was too popular around the muslim world.
His sons became kings but were british puppets..

the arabs lost thier place in the Ottoman sultaniyya to become the sorry lot they are today....

Ok by 1909 the sultan was a puppet and the Ottoman Empire was under the control of the CUP party and was ruled by a triumvarate of 3 athiests (Enver Pasha, Talcat Pasha, and Jamal Pasha) but still the people were muslim and it represented islam.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:41 pm

Maashallah the Ottomans inflicted 2 major defeats on the british in kut iraq when they surrounded and starved to death an entire army, and in Gallipoli when they succesfully defended against greater forces while they were running out of ammunition.

baron von der golts was the commander in al Kut but still the rest of his staff were Ottoman.
and ofcourse everyone knows Mustafa Kemals role in Gallipoli.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Maashallah the Ottomans inflicted 2 major defeats on the british in kut iraq when they surrounded and starved to death an entire army, and in Gallipoli when they succesfully defended against greater forces while they were running out of ammunition.

baron von der golts was the commander in al Kut but still the rest of his staff were Ottoman.
and ofcourse everyone knows Mustafa Kemals role in Gallipoli.
Mustafa Kamal dont mention his name he is the traitor that dismantled the Ottoman and introduced anti-Islamic Secularism :down:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:47 pm

The common misconception is that the arabs were unhappy with Ottoman rule and were just waiting for the chance to rebel, when the british helped them..

This is far from the truth...
Most arabs were loyal and saw themselves as Ottomans first and then arabs second.
Some of the most loyal troops and offciers where syrians..

Arab nationalism was a minority christian arab phenomena and did not have any impact on the arab public

It was the corrupt and incompetant actions of jamal pasha that drove many arabs away,
and then you have the hashemite traitor in the hejaz trusting the kufaar british over his muslim brothers..

what did he get? he was replaced by ibn saud becuase the british thought he was too popular around the muslim world.
His sons became kings but were british puppets..

the arabs lost thier place in the Ottoman sultaniyya to become the sorry lot they are today....

Ok by 1909 the sultan was a puppet and the Ottoman Empire was under the control of the CUP party and was ruled by a triumvarate of 3 athiests (Enver Pasha, Talcat Pasha, and Jamal Pasha) but still the people were muslim and it represented islam.

The entire Khaleej sold out if I'm not mistaken from the Hashemites in Jordan to Ibn Saud in Arabia and others.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Mustafa Kemal is hero and a millitary genius..
just becuase he is a kaafir , it doesnt mean that you can ignore his achievements..

while everyone was in a defeatist mood, he organized resistance and led the turks to victory in the War of Independance..

The country was divided between the greeks and the french and the Italians..
The british were going to create Kurdistan and recreate armenia..

The Sultan was a british hostage and a puppet, the parlaiment was also held hostage...

Mustafa Kemal, destroyed the greeks, then the French and the he turned on the british army but they gave up and started neogtiations..

This is how turkey was formed..

He didnt destroy the Khalifate it was already finished in 1908 when the CUP overthrew the last Khalifa Abdulhamid
All that kemal did was put it out of its misery..

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 pm

The Saudis sign a pact with the Brits I guess cos I do believe the Brits feared invading Xijaaz as the that would cause a rebellion in all its muslim colonies.

But there were strings attached.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:54 pm

just becuase he is a kaafir , it doesnt mean that you can ignore his achievements..

while everyone was in a defeatist mood, he organized resistance and led the turks to victory in the War of Independance..

The Sultan was a british hostage and a puppet, the parlaiment was also held hostage...

Mustafa Kemal, destroyed the greeks, then the French and the he turned on the british army but they gave up and started neogtiations..

He didnt destroy the Khalifate it was already finished in 1908 when the CUP overthrew the last Khalifa Abdulhamid
Kamal Destroyed Turkey/Ottoman empire whether you like it or not.
Your land taken over is better than your mind taken over.
The Turks mentality is fucked up and funny thing is the Muslim british colonies like Egypt, Iraq etc are better of.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:01 pm

The entire Khaleej sold out if I'm not mistaken from the Hashemites in Jordan to Ibn Saud in Arabia and others
The hashemites controlled the hejaz and had the support of most of the arabian peninula..

The saudis were a wierd group of pshycos that nobody liked and most of the tribes were against them...

The british grew tired of the hashimites and were threatened by them becuase they were too modern and sophisticated for arabs. The fact that a delegation of Indian muslims came and beged them to take the title of khalifa also pissed off the british.
sharif hussien was well educated and connected and so was his wife, she spoke several languages including french and german.

So what did the british do?

They stopped all supplies of ammunition to the hashimites and used the navy to block smuggling from aqaba and jeddah.
They then provided free of charge million of pounds worth of guns and ammunition to ibn saud..

what happaned next?

Ibn saud exterminated all the tribes that did not follow the beliefs of abdulwahab something like 30% of the population of the arabian peninusla. then he marched down and took the hejaz, mecca and medina..

The hashimites ran for their lives...

The british felt sorry for them a little and since they were still usefull, the gave one of Sharif hussiens son the title king of Jordan, and the other they made king of Iraq.
:lol:

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Kamal Destroyed Turkey/Ottoman empire whether you like it or not.
Your land taken over is better than your mind taken over.
The Turks mentality is fucked up and funny thing is the Muslim british colonies like Egypt, Iraq etc are better of.
I dont undertand why you still blame him?
The Ottoman Empire was destroyed by the 3 idiots enver, talcat and jamal pasha..
especially enver pasha, since he was the one that forced everyone in the government into joining the first world war on the side of the central powers.

They were the ones that lost macedonia the richest province due to the most ridiculous
mismanagement in the First Balkan war.

what did he do next?
He leads the best part of the Ottoman army into one of the most disasterous battles in history
sarikamis, despite bieng told by everyone in the army that it was a stupid plan, including the german advisors.

The empire was finished long before kemal was in charge..

he salvaged what was left and built Turkey.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Kamal Atatur =The enemy within

dude he actually destroyed Islam in Turkey by enforcing ridiculous regulations that saw Turkey deviating from Islam.
The damage he did to Turkey the forebearers of the Khalifate cannot be even compared to even any occupational force that conquered muslim lands.

I mean its just till recent that Turkey is slowly recovering from the comma.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:23 pm

When Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Recited Shema Yisrael

"It's My Secret Prayer, Too," He Confessed

By Hillel Halkin

ZICHRON YAAKOV - There were two questions I wanted to ask, I said over the phone to Batya Keinan, spokeswoman for Israeli president Ezer Weizman, who was about to leave the next day, Monday, Jan. 24, on the first visit ever made to Turkey by a Jewish chief of state. One was whether Mr. Weizman would be taking part in an official ceremony commemorating Kemal Ataturk.
Ms. Kenan checked the president's itinerary, according to which he and his wife would lay a wreath on Ataturk's grave the morning of their arrival, and asked what my second question was.
"Does President Weizman know that Ataturk had Jewish ancestors and was taught Hebrew prayers as a boy?"
"Of course, of course," she answered as unsurprisedly as if I had inquired whether the president was aware that Ataturk was Turkey's national hero.

Excited and Distressed
I thanked her and hung up. A few minutes later it occurred to me to call back and ask whether President Weizman intended to make any reference while in Turkey to Ataturk's Jewish antecedents. "I'm so glad you called again," said Ms. Kenan, who now sounded excited and a bit distressed. "Exactly where did you get your information from?"
Why was she asking, I countered, if the president's office had it too?
Because it did not, she confessed. She had only assumed that it must because I had sounded so matter-of-fact myself. "After you hung up," she said, "I mentioned what you told me and nobody here knows anything about it. Could you please fax us what you know?"
I faxed her a short version of it. Here is a longer one.
Stories about the Jewishness of Ataturk, whose statue stands in the main square of every town and city in Turkey, already circulated in his lifetime but were denied by him and his family and never taken seriously by biographers. Of six biographies of him that I consulted this week, none even mentions such a speculation. The only scholarly reference to it in print that I could find was in the entry on Ataturk in the Israeli Entsiklopedya ha-Ivrit, which begins:
"Mustafa Kemal Ataturk - (1881-1938), Turkish general and statesman and founder of the modern Turkish state.
"Mustafa Kemal was born to the family of a minor customs clerk in Salonika and lost his father when he was young. There is no proof of the belief, widespread among both Jews and Muslims in Turkey, that his family came from the Doenme. As a boy he rebelled against his mother's desire to give him a traditional religious education, and at the age of 12 he was sent at his demand to study in a military academy."

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.