Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kenya's next president might be Somali.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: Kenya's next president might be Somali.

Postby Voltage » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Kismaayo marka laguu daynayo madaa leh. She shall be the most northern major city of the Republic of Kenya. 8-)
voltage,waa seccessionist ileen? :shock: :lol:

it depends on how u look at it bro,i remember reading a report on that very same news paper talking about how kenyans are entrusting somalis with high profile positions cuz they deem them as harmless " nin aad warankaaga ka qaadan kartid baa loo dhiibtaa" and cuz the kenyan tribes dont trust each other.thats why I said he could pull a riyaale of them by taking advantage of that mistrust amongst Kenyan tribes,but again thats just hypothetical and I highly doubt it.
Waa been waxaas. All this political positions came with the most recent census that showed since 1961 and especially after Wagalla Somali numbers have been purposely kept small because of Kenyan fears of a large official Somali base. Somalis are the third largest group in Kenya after Kikuyu and Luo. It is not deemed "harmless" but political tact of the Kenyan leadership that wants to ally with Somalis to cement their base in a truly democratic Kenya. :up:
I know for sure the method of calculating Somalis in Kenya has changed. This, by sheer happenstance, I came to learn while a student at a certain college in Nairobi when we were given some assignments part of which entailed getting some figures from the census book. A friend of mine, he was a Turkana, decided for some reasons to compare the Somali population in Kenya to his community’s. He was shocked when he realized that the Somalis were indeed much fewer than the Turkanas. When I went back to the library with him, I was stunned too. The Somalis were divided into clans and each clan listed separately. Only a tiny minority were listed as Somalis. I later explained to my friend that the Degodias, Gurres, Ajurans and Ogadens he was seeing were actually Somali clans and not some distinct communities.

http://wardheernews.com/Articles_10/Sep ... sadik.html

VybzKartel
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby VybzKartel » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Basra, there is nothing special about Nairobi. In fact some parts of it are so bad the streets flood with sewer once every month because of broken pipes. I know old Somali men who were born there in the late 1940s and they left for Somalia the first chance they got. Mogadishu would beat any East African capital if it had peace.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Voltage wants to be part of this i dont blame him runti

Thats why reer nfd maba hadal hayaan Somalia iyo waxaas
A large part of Nairobi's real estate is owned by a company that was started by the late Da'uud Dirir (reer Siyaad) who was killed in Kismaayo by Shabaab. You should check out xaafada Diamond Park which has some of the most modern houses and apartment complexes anywhere in Africa. :up:

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Vy

Why cant africans fix the roads? or the pipes? They dont have the money. I bet the infranstructure has not been touched since the british colonizer--let the country in the 60s. Isnt it sad? A black cannot go ahead unless a white man is there to whip him or help him? Sad. :roll:

VybzKartel
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby VybzKartel » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Vy

Why cant africans fix the roads? or the pipes? They dont have the money. I bet the infranstructure has not been touched since the british colonizer--let the country in the 60s. Isnt it sad? A black cannot go ahead unless a white man is there to whip him or help him? Sad. :roll:
Corruption. The Starfish and the Spider.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 pm

The Kenyans wouldn't allow a Somali leader in a million years, its like letting a Greek or Armenian lead Turkey. Somalis are enemy #1 to the Kenyan state apparatus.

abduljrus
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby abduljrus » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Somalis are enemy #1 to the Kenyan state apparatus.
I think that job is already occupied. There is no such think as a 'Kenyan' btw... all you a**holes bickering about 'Kenyans' this and 'Kenyans' that. As if all the people who hold the Kenyan Nationality are homogeneous ethnic group like say... Somalis.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Only f-king Somalis see themselves ethnically first, all the other ethnic groups view themselves Kenyans first, ethnic second - that's precisely why its okay to call them Kenyans but not Somalis.

abduljrus
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby abduljrus » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:30 pm

you seem to have a romantic vision of 'Kenyans'. perhaps you care an explain the pre and post election tension in Kenya in the last presidential campaign?

ohh... They only show their tribal 1st mood during elections may be. or may be there was glitch in the Kenyan 1st attitude during that period.

TheLoFather
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheLoFather » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 pm

The Harvard educated parliamentarian who recently chaired Kenya's successful constitutional reform

Abdikadir could do an Obama in Kenya

Makau Mutua

They say history is made by those who dare to dream. But, as William Shakespeare wrote in the Twelfth Night, “some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them”.

This is a rare development that makes one think it is still ok to be a Somali and enhances the believe that a Somali can progress and count for something.

Not realistic. Many factors against him. :?

# 1 Somalinism. it is a liability to be a somali in todays world. The name is notorious, dubious and fraun upon in kenya.
# 2 No Kikuyu or Luo will allow A somali to take precedent over them. Kenyas are africans first before they are civilized society. Even Obama would not have won the presidency in kenya. (and he was half luo)
# 3 The muslim factor. Kenya is a Christian country--first and formost. Hussein, as a president is not the same as Obama hussein as US president.
# 4 America will not allow it. His Harvard education is not enough to make them trust him over the lower i.q kenyans.
# 5 Dream on.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Where in Kenya were you born Basra?

Vy i wish i was borin in Nairobi? it sounds so exotic. I loved visitin that city back in 2005. :clap:
Just imagine or dream it.... just think that all 5 the countries in East Africa i.e Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, Somaliland and Somalia (Somali inhabited lands in East Africa), governed by Somali Presidents. So far we 3 out of the 5 but the big two are without and if we only had in Ethiopia and the other lands the likes of Abdikadir Hussein Mohamed (Kenya's President elect 2012) (an ambitous, determined audacious and politivally endowed/enlightened individual) Somalis would become the touch bearers of Africa and world influential ethnic group. This guy is thinker, he sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and has achieved what other thought impossible and Allah willing will achieve the ultimate ''impossible''.

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.

I think it is VERY POSSIBLE for Abdikadir Hussein to become Kenya's next president and others like him to become Presidents in other lands.
But if you think it's impossible it is only because you haven't found the solution yet. You must know that Impossible only means that you haven't found the solution yet. So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.

We Somalis (the willing ones), led by the unknowing, have savered and been through what was once seen and thought of as impossible, and recently are doing the impossible for the ungrateful (geeljire heads). We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.

“Dream the impossible dream, Fight the unbeatable foe, Strive with your last once of courage To reach the unreachable star.”

''Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.”

“I love those who yearn for the impossible.”
---- various Great Man of History

“Dream the impossible dream, Fight the unbeatable foe, Strive with your last once of courage To reach the unreachable star.”

The 5 sided STAR in the Somali Flags would have surely lived up to its name.

ibrahimcw
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ibrahimcw » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:02 am

what has he done for the Northern Frontier District he originally comes from ?

what has he done for the Somali population in Nairobi ?

what has he done to help Somali refugees ?

what has he done to help the small ethnicities in Kenya, the Muslims along the coast ?

what are the scandals commited by members of his political party Safina that he is chairman of ?

we should be asking question first and cheer him on later. having a Somali leader is not always good for Somalis, just look at the leaders of the Somali region of Ogaden :P

mahdi01
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby mahdi01 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:19 am

In reality, indirectly Kenya have already annexed Jubbaland, almost 90% daily cash currencies used in towns like Beledhawo, Elwak and dhoobley is Kenyan shilling, Kismaayo’s biggest trader is not Mogadishu is Mombasa and 50% of its Currency is Kenyan shillings, since 1995 all the school text books in regions of Gedo, Jubada dhexe and Jubada hoose is supplied by Kenyan Ministry of Education, even the university of Kismaayo and Gedo university apply the same curriculums of university of Nairobi.

These three regions economically and educationally became part of Kenya for the last two decades, not they wanted it, but Kenya has very attractive well established financial sector and business oriented environment than the backward Ethiopia, for example Jubbaland region is rich with life stocks and marine resources their biggest markets are Nairobi and Mombasa, it is normal to find in Nairobi’s top restaurants lobsters fished in Kismaayo’s beaches.

A Somali life stock trader may buy cattle or goats as far as Baidoa and Marka and week later bring them to Nairobi or Mombasa and make four times profit of the original price, hundreds of millions worth of goods manufactured Kenya cross to Somalia every year through the border and similar amounts of electronic gadgets form Dubia enter Kenya through Kismayo port.

Under a UN agreement Kenya is in charge and were collecting fees on behalf of Somalia since 1992 both the air space and ocean territorial used by international planes and ships, even the self declared Somaliland’s air space is controlled from Nairobi, no plane and ship can enter without the permission of Kenyan Radars including Sheikh Dalxiis’s flights :lol: I can write about 20 pages of information how Kenya is already controlling Somalia, forget about an adjacent region called Jubbland.

ibrahimcw
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ibrahimcw » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:28 am

In reality, indirectly Kenya have already annexed Jubbaland, almost 90% daily cash currencies used in towns like Beledhawo, Elwak and dhoobley is Kenyan shilling, Kismaayo’s biggest trader is not Mogadishu is Mombasa and 50% of its Currency is Kenyan shillings, since 1995 all the school text books in regions of Gedo, Jubada dhexe and Jubada hoose is supplied by Kenyan Ministry of Education, even the university of Kismaayo and Gedo university apply the same curriculums of university of Nairobi.

These three regions economically and educationally became part of Kenya for the last two decades, not they wanted it, but Kenya has very attractive well established financial sector and business oriented environment than the backward Ethiopia, for example Jubbaland region is rich with life stocks and marine resources their biggest markets are Nairobi and Mombasa, it is normal to find in Nairobi’s top restaurants lobsters fished in Kismaayo’s beaches.

A Somali life stock trader may buy cattle or goats as far as Baidoa and Marka and week later bring them to Nairobi or Mombasa and make four times profit of the original price, hundreds of millions worth of goods manufactured Kenya cross to Somalia every year through the border and similar amounts of electronic gadgets form Dubia enter Kenya through Kismayo port.

Under a UN agreement Kenya is in charge and were collecting fees on behalf of Somalia since 1992 both the air space and ocean territorial used by international planes and ships, even the self declared Somaliland’s air space is controlled from Nairobi, no plane and ship can enter without the permission of Kenyan Radars including Sheikh Dalxiis’s flights :lol: I can write about 20 pages of information how Kenya is already controlling Somalia, forget about an adjacent region called Jubbland.
this is interesting :up: Somali businesses have profited from Kenya but the sad thing is the tax collected will not be allocated to build roads in NDF or pave the streets of Eastligh, Kenyan officials know their main income is from Somalis but at the same time they make policies that damage Somali repuation and business.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:01 am

Ladoon

I think u r dreaming, wake up from your dream la la land walaal. :? :roll:

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:01 am

Ladoon

I think u r dreaming, wake up from your dream la la land walaal. :? :roll:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.