Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lets talk about Somali"land".

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Lets talk about Somali"land".

Postby Hyperactive » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:29 am

hope they wont make the same mistake they made 1960.
they're better off as independent country from former somalia.
illen wah somali la yirahdo ma jirto ad will never at least in our life time.

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:29 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:34 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ader ma7ad la fara7day?
anika adika kuma daneyneynin, other somalis too :P

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:59 am

هايبر, كنت اضحك علي اللي قبلك. :mrgreen:

Walaashiis
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Walaashiis » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 am

RE: what children are taught in schools is wallahi sad and true. I knew a marehan child who constanly hit after schoool soo badly.
Her mother was Isaaq.
Not only that but some kids are taken back from the West to show them the wreckages or the status of the plane that said to be brought down by the snm. Now I am not minimizing (as I feel their pain too)what happened in the north but exaggerating the case is beyond me. Only God knows the number of people that got killed by the air strike itself than the number of civilians of both sides that died there. Allah is all-seeing and all-hearing, so I am not going to deny justice to anyone.

I believe that the Darood who got killed in the hands of the USC in Mogaishu number no less the people who died in Somaliland in 1988.

Do we need to teach the Darod kids this? (note: I am not darod) . why the Isaaq do not except an apology and move on?

But my question is if those in Hargeysa are not motivated by clan and hatred (which is prevalent in Somali society) why do they have status of that plane and not the status of the planes that attacked the centre of Dervish in 1921? I believe more people were killed in that attack than the one in Hargeysa.

No, brothere and sisters they do not . Instead they are proud of the British presence in Somaliland. The most viciuos colonist of the World.

That to me is mind-boggling and sadanesses me.
Last edited by Walaashiis on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingMJ
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KingMJ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:14 am

I remember my brother telling me about how in 1998, he best friends brother and cousins were going to Mogadishu University. They were Issaq and one night they were sleeping and afweyne ordered all Issaqs living in the univerity campus to have their beds marked. Then the SNA/afweyne somali army came and snatched all the people in the marked beds out of there rooms put them on a wall and shot them all dead. I don't know how many were killed but lots of young smart educated soon to graduate Issaq people died that day.

Walaashiis
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Walaashiis » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 am

KIngMJ,

Hope you mean 1988?

The point is not about what had happened but whther their successionist and teaching children sich hatred is justified?

I personally think that is wrong. Two of my cousins were killed and brought inside our home in Mogadishu. They were killed by members of the USC they were led my a neighbor of ours. What happened to other people who belonged to the Darod was unimaginable.
Do we or shall we teach that our offspring? no. We moved on.

Same thing happened to the darod in Hargeysa in 1988. My mother is half Isaaq. ask her, she was in Hargeysa in 1988 when the snm entered the city. Uncles killed their nephews; neighbors killed their neigbors.

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 am

KIngMJ,

Hope you mean 1988?

The point is not about what had happened but whther their successionist and teaching children sich hatred is justified?

I personally think that is wrong. Two of my cousins were killed and brought inside our home in Mogadishu. They were killed by members of the USC they were led my a neighbor of ours. What happened to other people who belonged to the Darod was unimaginable.
Do we or shall we teach that our offspring? no. We moved on.

Same thing happened to the darod in Hargeysa in 1988. My mother is half Isaaq. ask her, she was in Hargeysa in 1988 when the snm entered the city. Uncles killed their nephews; neighbors killed their neigbors.
Nonesense. Teaching the kids that is only wrong when a reconciliation takes place. Has one taken place in Somalia yet? Has the trust been regained?

Faranacab
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Faranacab » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 am

I remember my brother telling me about how in 1998, he best friends brother and cousins were going to Mogadishu University. They were Issaq and one night they were sleeping and afweyne ordered all Issaqs living in the univerity campus to have their beds marked. Then the SNA/afweyne somali army came and snatched all the people in the marked beds out of there rooms put them on a wall and shot them all dead. I don't know how many were killed but lots of young smart educated soon to graduate Issaq people died that day.

Stuff & nonsense.
:mrgreen:

KingMJ
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KingMJ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 am

Yh 1988 sorry.

But you need to know these things. But I agree you have to move on. My dad has loads of intresting stories. From him living home at 8 going to boarding school in Xaamir, going to university in Texas in the 69-early 70's racist time. Going to russia for more studies poor Soviet time. Becoming a civil engineer, controlling the entire water supply in xaamir, having meetings with afweyne, then having to take the whole family and leave the country when afweyne isn't happy an Issaq having such a big role in Somalia. Goes to saudi arabia, Riyadh were their isn't many immigrants, i.e. mostly just saudi arabs lived their and this is the mid 80's. Builds one of the biggest buildings in Riyadh brings lots of people from somalia to help, racially abused by saudi police stop and searches to somali and being thrown in jail for no reason. Even my dad was stopped and searched everyday to show his passport everytime even though he was the head of a company. Then when work finishs time toone of the biggest pays in construction. The heads say where is the boss, my dad says he is the boss and they say only an arab can be the owner and partner no somali's, so they refuse to pay him a penny. Aabo takes them to court and the judge throws the case out, pays for another 2 cases all 3 thrown out saying only saudi can be owner. True story walalhi.

But yh see these are interesting stories and its good to hear and learn. So its right that parents should tell their offspring these types of things.

yunis09
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby yunis09 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:46 am

Loool. Those with cleaner minds would still have their heart beating at its normal pace. :D
Not when the words "Looks down at" are followed by "her pretty little.." :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
pb look down and you will see liverpool

Keyse_0208
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyse_0208 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 am

somaliland this, somaliland that

Somaliland baa idin wasta kuligiin

Thank you for listening :up:

FBISOMALIA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FBISOMALIA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 am

somaliland this, somaliland that

Somaliland baa idin wasta kuligiin

Thank you for listening :up:
^

did the german guy teach you how to fuck too :lol:

Keyse_0208
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyse_0208 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:01 am

pussyland has the answer for the white man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 am

I told you guys before and I'll repeat it for you slow motherfukers again.

The problem today is everybody playing the victim card, like they were the only ones to suffer.

Everybody suffered, so move on b!tches.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.