Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AIRPORT! Yup Going to the dreaded airport

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Re: Going to the Airport

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:57 pm

I am in my final year, I have no idea why she said third.

Why do I claim, are you one of those people who think since I'm Somali I can't be a medical student. I never fault I would feel discrimination against my own people. Just when I've began being proud I am Somali and am in the midst of embracing it, people are putting me down :down:
Bro this is the INTERNET.. No one is for sure whether forumers are who they say they are, therefore we take in or dont take in what they claim.. You claim to be a male.. I claim to be a female..
If I aint sure, I take in whatever you or anyone else ''claims''
It is what it is!!

Yoousef
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Yoousef » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Bro this is the INTERNET.. No one is for sure whether forumers are who they say they are, therefore we take in or dont take in what they claim.. You claim to be a male.. I claim to be a female..
If I aint sure, I take in whatever you or anyone else ''claims''
It is what it is!!
Yes I understand that, but this is not a dating site full of khaffir and liers looking to play games.
Am I not right in saying that everyone here is almost entirely Somali and Muslim here? So don’t have much reason to lie. Maybe somewhere else on khaffir websites there is something to gain or there are sick minded people who need to lie and make up claims to do things. But there is no gain here, therefore its easier and makes more sense to take the person for their word.

VanHersi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: AIRPORT! Yup Going to the dreaded airport

Postby VanHersi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Pick up some Italian girls warya

You like white chicks, so shuukansi like a Pro

Yoousef
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Yoousef » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Pick up some Italian girls warya

You like white chicks, so shuukansi like a Pro
I don't chat up just any girl :down:

Ka darag
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: He's not invisible anymore, with his father's nine and a broken fuse.

Postby Ka darag » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:16 pm

u chat xaaaaaaaaaaaaar .........last tme i was flying , i was searched by a hijabi which was kinda funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yoousef
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Yoousef » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:19 pm

u chat xaaaaaaaaaaaaar .........last tme i was flying , i was searched by a hijabi which was kinda funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did they ask you for your country of origin???

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Why do I claim, are you one of those people who think since I'm Somali I can't be a medical student. I never fault I would feel discrimination against my own people. Just when I've began being proud I am Somali and am in the midst of embracing it, people are putting me down :down:
Shut. Up. You are a grown man and come across as more lax than a 14 year old.

Yoousef
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Yoousef » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Shut. Up. You are a grown man and come across as more lax than a 14 year old.
I am being honest, I used to reject the somali culture. Now I embrace it...I am learning it bit by bit

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:32 pm

i am a frequent flyer and even with the increase in visisiblity of somalis due to the the pirates and alshabab,
i never got hassled.

it all depends on your attitude if you feel self consious and act starnge you will have a spotlight on you..

Last time i was passing by frankfurt and they questioned me intesivley becuase of my very old passport, which was 9 years old, i was 10kg lighter and much thinner looking in the picture.
The subject of somalia came up and i told them i was from somaliland.
One of the guys had no clue what it was, but the other was well read, and we spent the next 20 minutes informing him and debating the merits of secession.
I was in no rush i always check in early so i didnt mind and it helped pass the time..
We had coffee and we were discussing the best tourist spots in Amsterdam, as thats were i was heading..
both admitted to bieng total potheads. :lol: :lol:

I had a similiar experience in JFK airport NY back in 2005, but that was becuase one of the customs guys was in somalia during 93.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:41 pm

:lol: :lol: I'm from Somaliland, you seriously go through the hassle :lol:

Yoousef
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Yoousef » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:06 pm

i am a frequent flyer and even with the increase in visisiblity of somalis due to the the pirates and alshabab,
i never got hassled.

it all depends on your attitude if you feel self consious and act starnge you will have a spotlight on you..

Last time i was passing by frankfurt and they questioned me intesivley becuase of my very old passport, which was 9 years old, i was 10kg lighter and much thinner looking in the picture.
The subject of somalia came up and i told them i was from somaliland.
One of the guys had no clue what it was, but the other was well read, and we spent the next 20 minutes informing him and debating the merits of secession.
I was in no rush i always check in early so i didnt mind and it helped pass the time..
We had coffee and we were discussing the best tourist spots in Amsterdam, as thats were i was heading..
both admitted to bieng total potheads. :lol: :lol:

I had a similiar experience in JFK airport NY back in 2005, but that was becuase one of the customs guys was in somalia during 93.
I think I will say I am Eritrean to avoid hassle, what do you think?

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Oh my.

We are re -living "cigaal shidaad's" tales.

Allow sahal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yoousef
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Yoousef » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:12 pm

Oh my.

We are re -living "cigaal shidaad's" tales.

Allow sahal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHO is cigaal shidaad???

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:16 pm

I only have issues traveling to the Middle east and America.....No problems at all within EU and Africa.

Yoousef
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Yoousef » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:17 pm

I only have issues traveling to the Middle east and America.....No problems at all within EU and Africa.
Italy is a very different country, they are known racist and have a dislike for Somalis.

I must pretend I am either Eritrean or Ehtiopian but how do I get away with it, and which country is best to use...

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.