Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Civilization: Is the West History?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby Voltage » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Finally someone uploads Ferguson's long awaited documentary. Here is the first part...competition

[youtube]arhBShGlZjI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Civilization: Is the West History?

Postby Rightwing » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Very interesting decumentry.

Are the other parts also on youtube?
Last edited by Rightwing on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:59 pm

Yeah second part science is uploaded by same user

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:03 am

I watched the first part, and when he was talking about the Chinese admiral Zheng He, i couldn't understand why he neglected to mention the great man's religion.

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rightwing » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:04 am

Yeah second part science is uploaded by same user

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:12 am

I watched the first part, and when he was talking about the Chinese admiral Zheng He, i couldn't understand why he neglected to mention the great man's religion.
Just looked and realized the good man was a Hui Muslim? I thought that would have been relevant but I also didn't like how he left out the Portuguese took over all of East Africa except the greatest city state of all; Mogadishu which was the only power to defeat them. No wonder he spent most of the time talking about Kenya and lesser important city states...also if my history is correct the giraffe was brought back from Mogadishu and not Malindi

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:17 am

I thought as much. From my understanding of Zheng He 's voyage of the seven seas, he stopped two places in Somalia...Zeilac and Muqadisho and took back while life including the giraffe. I thought the whole documentary was just another form of revisionist history.

Eaglehawk
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:11 am

Prof Ferguson is brilliant thinker who has a way of reconstruction history, its not what he tells you but all about what he doesn`t tell you, for example in the “science “ section of his documentary, notice how he portrays the whole concept of science in itself as a invention of the west instead of the long human process that it was where by civilisations inherited latest science methods from previous civilisation because ideas cross borders of civilisations
Prof Ferguson is not a unique in history he comes from a long line of biased Anglo American thinkers who view things as followed
1 Civilisation started with Greece, it was then inherited by rome who paved the way for “ western europs” greatness.( notice the latin world is depicted in lesser greatness but latin rome is westernised and made into mirror image of the angloo saxons
2 Muslim have a hostile dogmatic view of science hence their backwardness( notice Islamic science pioneers is never mention or referenced because that would delegitimise the theory )
3 Eastern civilisations have hardship in grasping logic and reason they tend to be more spiritual hence their lack of material progress and social reform
4 free trade there is no argument against it (good luck doing biz with a man that accumulated wealth before you)
Two great reads that explain the mind of prof fugusion
The Anglo American embellishment by carrol quiglay
Orientalism by Edward Said

Ps: notice in prof fugusions books he has this oppression with jews, he tends to glorify them and justify their view of history. The house of Rothchild is basically noting but court jesters documentation of a Jewish family
The judeo/ christion and Anglo american concepts is what drives mr furgusion

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:05 pm

i found this to be simplistic and a little patronizing of other cultures,
in this documentary he is targeting the common people and not people familiar with history...

I would have thought nial ferguson was an idiot, but then i stumbled upon his analysis of the first world war, and to my surprise it mirrored my own...
so i am withholding judgment on him..

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:08 pm

in this documentary he is targeting the common people and not people familiar with history...

I would have thought nial ferguson was an idiot, but then i stumbled upon his analysis of the first world war, and to my surprise it mirrored my own...
where can i get his analysis?

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:26 pm

The pity of war: explaining world war one..

I think there is an extensive wikipedia page on it.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:30 pm

The pity of war: explaining world war one..

I think there is an extensive wikipedia page on it.
thanks bro

shiniile9
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby shiniile9 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:29 pm

He who wins the war writes the history.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Last edited by Voltage on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:36 pm

I have to agree with you guys. I have watched 4/5 of the documentaries so far and it is heavily biased towards the West. Still the documentary is interesting

here are the other parts in order

Science

[youtube]eD0HYqNeHiM&feature=related[/youtube]

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.