Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HONEST TAXI DRIVER RETURNS $50,000 TO BUSINESSMAN !!!!!!!!!!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Daanyeer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

HONEST TAXI DRIVER RETURNS $50,000 TO BUSINESSMAN !!!!!!!!!!

Postby Daanyeer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:48 am

Honest taxi driver returns $50,000 in dollar bills to businessman after finding it on back seat of his Cambridge cab (and pockets a $500 tip)

By Daily Mail Reporter
25th April 2011

An honest cab driver has returned $50,000 to a Middle Eastern businessman - after he left the small fortune in the back of his taxi.
Shocked Nigel Lipscombe, 54, discovered bundles of cash - worth £30,000 - stuffed inside a rucksack abandoned on the backseat after dropping off a passenger in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
But instead of pocketing the cash, which is equivalent of a year-and-a-half's wages, kind-hearted Nigel drove his taxi straight to the city's police station.
Incredibly the passenger was walking out of the station just seconds after reporting to police he had lost the cash.
Nigel handed back the money then gave the Arab businessman a lift to a local pub to celebrate - and even pocketed a $500 tip.
The generous dad-of-two said his stunned passenger was 'jumping for joy' when he handed back the small fortune.
He added: 'I wouldn't have kept it. I've always been an honest man. I wouldn't do it if it was a million pounds.'

Proud partner Doreen Kavanagh, 42, said the cash could have taken the whole family on a luxury holiday.
She added: 'He did the right thing. I could have taken my kids to Disneyland. The girls are 21 and 22 now but we always dreamed of going.
'We just never had the money.'

Nigel picked up his rich passenger from a taxi rank the city centre on April 16 and drove him to a student block of flats several miles away.
When he picked up a second passenger 20 minutes later they found a rucksack containing bundles of notes and a laptop.

He drove the bag to Parkside police station and when it was counted out he discovered it amounted to 50,000 dollars and 1,000 Euros - the equivalent of £31,000.
Nigel said: 'I picked him up from the city centre and he asked to be taken to just off Hills Road.
'On the way he asked if I knew anywhere he could watch football. I said he could go to The Emperor pub but then he changed his mind.
'I dropped him off at a student accommodation block and thought then nothing of it.
'Another passenger got in and asked if it was my bag on the back seat. I told him it was the last passenger's and I took it.
'When I looked in I could see a laptop and what felt like some documents but I didn't unzip the compartment to look.
'I went to the police station and the man was just coming out. He was jumping about with delight.
'The man said he'd better tell the police he'd found the bag and I said I'd go in with him.
'When he told the woman at the counter she said 'you shouldn't be carrying $50,000 in cash around with you'. I was shocked. It was incredible.' 'When he gave me the $200 tip I joked: 'is that all I get?'.
'I asked why he was carrying around $50,000 in cash and he said that in his country they don't trust banks.
'He gave me another $300 then. I was only joking.'

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: 'A man came into Parkside police station at 7.45pm on Saturday, April 16, with three friends and reported he had left a bag with $50,000 in it, €1,000, a laptop and his passport.
'We took a note and he left the station when the taxi driver pulled up outside with the bag.
'They all came into the station. We gave the man strong words of advice about carrying such a large amount of cash.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1KXgrjV1L

Scarletmoon1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: HONEST TAXI DRIVER RETURNS $50,000 TO BUSINESSMAN !!!!!!

Postby Scarletmoon1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 am

:roll: Dumbass :twisted:

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: HONEST TAXI DRIVER RETURNS $50,000 TO BUSINESSMAN !!!!!!

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:41 pm

nobody has ever returned anything i have lost , once i dropped a 20 pound note in sainsburys an old woman picked it up and refused to hand it over saying she dropped it. so i would have kept the lot myself.

- arthur, norwich, 25/4/2011 12:02

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.