Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A SAD DOCUMENTARY ABOUT SOMALIS IN AMERICA

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

A SAD DOCUMENTARY ABOUT SOMALIS IN AMERICA

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Thu May 12, 2011 9:18 am

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: A SAD DOCUMENTARY ABOUT SOMALIS IN AMERICA

Postby Rightwing » Thu May 12, 2011 10:00 am

:lol: @one with the cimaadada sucuudiga.
It's embarrassing to see somali wearing traditional Pashtun or Arabic clothing.

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 1:16 pm

:lol: :lol: Somalis are weird dude I tell ya ! Glad I do not look like one :up:

I feel bad watchin @ this though :cry:

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Fri May 13, 2011 1:18 pm

U know one day the white folks are gonna say ur not one of us, then you'll have nothing but us

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri May 13, 2011 1:24 pm

why do you feel bad watchin this, it's looks like a very good documentary, about how racial, religious, and ethnic barriers are over come to welcome a new community. It actually shows a positive side of the somalis interacting with the community in a positive way, trying to assert themselves as part of the community without loosing their culture. All the woman are sticking with their culture, and religion, not taking off their jalbaabs, daring to look different to this new environment, and being accepted for it. :up:

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Havent you noticed what they are wearing, accents, homes, Hilibka la jar jarayo iiiiewww !

My God Help us all.. that is all I got to say for now !! Haye meesha ay joogana ma Seatlle baa :|

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri May 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Dude you don't have to dress, look, and talk like a white person to be American. Didn't they teach you in social studies we aint the "Melting Pot" where you drop your culture and language as soon you come to the shores, adopt an American name, No were "A Salad Bowl" where every piece in the bowl has its own identity and form. Multiculturalism is what is celebrated, and respect from where we are.

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 1:38 pm

^^^
Why is my Snet best buddy being so hositile? I feel like you are pickin' on me ever since your "hero Bin Al Shaydan Laden" was killed? waar sakiinliiq.. I hope you fail all your upcoming tests PO :twisted:

BTW,
I got straight As this semester as well walahi :clap:

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri May 13, 2011 1:40 pm

:lol: nvm, haye, didn't mean to come off as hostile. Good job on school :up:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Fri May 13, 2011 1:47 pm

:lol:

newhargiesagirl real name is maryan muse but she prefers Mariann Moses

her little brother name is mohamed but she tells him to be called Mo

After arriving to the northeast recently, she refused to speak a word of somali for a year so she could talk like those people with the cadaan skin

Eventhough she stands out in a group of cadaans, she pretends she's tanned italian in her mind. Often avoiding mirrors, side reflection or pics that would make the obvious, hella obvious.

When gaalo ask her why she's ashamed of her culture she answers I was born here, Im a republican, I like sarah palin and hate Obama which confuses them even more.

She doesnt let her hooyo take a walk around the neighborhood in fear of what the cadaans think.

Dammmm, Im scaring myself with this beyond detailed accurate description.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri May 13, 2011 2:35 pm

at what point in the video can we see the sad part...inoosheeg please.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri May 13, 2011 2:36 pm

:up:

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Fri May 13, 2011 2:38 pm

I actually watched the documentary, at least all the parts upload on youtube. Its not sad at all, rather positive, it just ended with better understand and cohesion between the somalis and the locals in Shelbyville.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Walaahi its embarrassing, and ignorance that Saudi traditional clothing so called khamiis and cigaal nowa days brainwashed ignorance Somalis like that somali man think its some kind of Holy muslims clothing.

this idiots does not known that khamiiis sacuudi and cigaal is a pure ARAB cloth, and Somali traditional clothing has nothing to do whit that .

THE somali man whit dark black face whit ARAB CLOTHING :lol: :lol: :down: :down:

and on the video the hisbanic anti racist man, when hes visiting the somali family to help them, the fat somali women would not shake hes hand?? thats stupidy of imported SACUUDI CULTURE IN TO SOMALI CULTURE. women can shake hand a man.

the islam we grew up man and women shake hands. its again arab brainwashing calture who think if man and women shake hands eachother its some kind of sexual attention.

we somalis need to go back our great somali culture, and leave all arab CULTURE which somalis think its islam, whichs NOT.

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Fri May 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Walaahi its embarrassing, and ignorance that Saudi traditional clothing so called khamiis and cigaal nowa days brainwashed ignorance Somalis like that somali man think its some kind of Holy muslims clothing.

this idiots does not known that khamiiis sacuudi and cigaal is a pure ARAB cloth, and Somali traditional clothing has nothing to do whit that .

THE somali man whit dark black face whit ARAB CLOTHING :lol: :lol: :down: :down:

and on the video the hisbanic anti racist man, when hes visiting the somali family to help them, the fat somali women would not shake hes hand?? thats stupidy of imported SACUUDI CULTURE IN TO SOMALI CULTURE. women can shake hand a man.

the islam we grew up man and women shake hands. its again arab brainwashing calture who think if man and women shake hands eachother its some kind of sexual attention.

we somalis need to go back our great somali culture, and leave all arab CULTURE which somalis think its islam, whichs NOT.
:facepalm:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.