Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yemen, I hope, will not be failed state or another Koonfuria

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Yemen, I hope, will not be failed state or another Koonfuria

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Wed May 25, 2011 4:58 am

That were the words of president Salah:

Saleh 'won't be dragged into civil war'
Yemeni president blames clashes in capital on opposition fighters and says he is ready to sign a GCC-brokered exit deal.
Last Modified: 25 May 2011 09:04
EmailPrintShareSend Feedback
Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh says that he will not be dragged into a civil war, despite clashes between government forces and fighters loyal to the leader of a powerful tribal group who has sided with protesters seeking to oust him from power.

"What happened was a provocative act to drag us into civil war, but it is limited to the Ahmar sons," Saleh told reporters on Wednesday, referring to Sadiq al-Ahmar, the head of the Hashed tribal federation.

"They bear responsibility for shedding the blood of innocent civilians. Until this second, they are attacking the interior ministry. But we don't want to widen the confrontation."

Saleh said his country would not be a failed state, or a safe haven for Al Qaeda, and that he continued to coordinate with the US government in fighting against the group.

"Yemen, I hope, will not be a failed state or another Somalia. The people are still keen for a peaceful transition of power," he told the Reuters news agency.

He also said he was ready to sign a GCC-brokered transition out of power, and that once he left power he would stay in the country as part of the opposition.

Saleh had been expected to sign the deal, already signed by both opposition leaders and members of the ruling party, on Sunday, but backed down - the third time he had done so.

But Abdul Latif al-Zayani, the GCC's secretary-general, said on Wednesday he was willing to return to Sanaa, with the apparent hope that Saleh would sign the papers as soon as possible.

The GCC proposal, which requires Saleh to step down from office within 30 days in return for immunity from prosecution, is backed by western powers.

William Hague, Britain's foreign secretary, on Wednesday called for Saleh to sign the deal "as soon as possible".

"It's not really a question of taking orders from foreign powers, it is in the interest of his own country and his own interest now, for there to be a transition of power in the deal that has been mediated."

Fighting in Sanaa, Yemen's capital, resumed on Wednesday after an overnight pause.

Hakim al-Masmari, editor in chief of the Yemen Post, told Al Jazeera that at least 17 people had been injured on Wednesday.

He said opposition forces had seized control of a number of ministries, including the interior ministry.

Witnesses said Wednesday that tribesmen loyal to Ahmar had also taken control of the offices of Saba, the state-owned news agency, and Yemenia, the national airline.

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Yemen, I hope, will not be failed state or another Koonf

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Wed May 25, 2011 5:05 am

The powerful clan Hashid(the hutus of yemen) taking positions next to the house of their amiir Sadeq Al-Ahmar:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:06 am

Hutuking,

Imam, you should worry more about the situation in the land of the Samaale than some Jeberti infested area. Let them duke it out, tis the Jeberti Presidential way (never giving up power).

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Wed May 25, 2011 5:08 am

Hutuking,

Imam, you should worry more about the situation in the land of the Samaale than some Jeberti infested area. Let them duke it out, tis the Jeberti Presidential way (never giving up power).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think its a blessing that Yemen becomes second somalia. :up:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:16 am

Imam Hutu,

Let every country that contributes to instability in Somalia suffer the same fate. Yemen is the no. 1 source of weaponry for SOmalia. Yemeni fish illegally in our waters, rape our women in their refugee camps, help in the tahriib that kills thousands per year.

May it make Somalia look like child's play.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:46 am

Imam Hutu,

Let every country that contributes to instability in Somalia suffer the same fate. Yemen is the no. 1 source of weaponry for SOmalia. Yemeni fish illegally in our waters, rape our women in their refugee camps, help in the tahriib that kills thousands per year.

what comes around goes around,,, but another konfuristan will be a worldwide disaster....

and fyi..
Yemenis fish in Puntland waters, they do not fish in somaliland waters..
The hundreds of yemeni fishermen in our jails prove this, and the confiscated boats go to somaliland fishermen
:lol:

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

Postby Coeus » Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 am

Imam Hutu,

what comes around goes around,,, but another konfuristan will be a worldwide disaster....

and fyi..
The hundreds of yemeni fishermen in our jails prove this, and the confiscated boats go to somaliland fishermen
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed May 25, 2011 11:08 am

yemensi do not indeed fish in somaliland, no joke .But good luck to yemen though

FBISOMALIA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FBISOMALIA » Wed May 25, 2011 11:18 am

Imam Hutu,

and fyi..
yemenis fish in puntland not in sland kolaha , if you dont read puntland news just stick in your little village

quark
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby quark » Wed May 25, 2011 11:19 am

wishing death and destruction on fellow muslims :down:

melo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby melo » Wed May 25, 2011 11:28 am

Who will be Yemen's Cali Mahdi al khaariji? We shall see. If Yemen escapes a khaariji movement like that, then inshallah they will propsper.

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

Postby Coeus » Wed May 25, 2011 11:46 am

I wish yemen all the destruction.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 am

wishing death and destruction on fellow muslims :down:
I agree some people are heartless :down:

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 am

why?

FBISOMALIA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FBISOMALIA » Wed May 25, 2011 11:51 am

bro yes yeman deploy army material to somalia so we still fight and they take money from us thats true but as muslims we wish them to finish this chaos,in future we hope make good relation between us

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.