Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best way to make hilib ari?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
HalfBked
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Best way to make hilib ari?

Postby HalfBked » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:20 pm

I have some goat meat lying around from a waqlal/wanqal yesterday.

Anyone got a decent recipe for goat meat? I simmered some of it earlier with some water, garlic pieces and maraq dajaaj. Waxaan rabay inaan shiilo with some olive oil, ma waxaan ku daraa some shallots or fresh tomatoes? Sidee oodkac looga dhigaa hilibka ari? I've seen some folk doing that. Could use some suggestions.

Thanks!

ciyaal_warta
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Best way to make hilib ari?

Postby ciyaal_warta » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:47 pm

duqa simple waaye nooh

digsi biyo ku shub hilibka ku rid ha karkaro cusboneh haka hilmaami...u are set bro :mrgreen:

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Let the hilib finish the water, markaas ka dabe, in a digsi add saliid, basal, toon, kabsar, maraq dijaaj, isku walaaq, than add the hilibi, a minute or so ka damee dabkaa, and you are good to go.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Let the hilib finish the water, markaas ka dabe, in a digsi add saliid, basal, toon, kabsar, maraq dijaaj, isku walaaq, than add the hilibi, a minute or so ka damee dabkaa, and you are good to go.

Nabz,

U are absolutely right. If things don't work out for you, I will always be here for you :rose:

tightrope
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby tightrope » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:07 pm

I HATE THE WAY MY MOTHER MAKES HILIB ARI. IT STINKS UP THE ENTIRE APARTMENT! :down:

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Nabz,

U are absolutely right. If things don't work out for you, I will always be here for you :rose:

AW :rose:

Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:09 pm

best way is to have a female make it for you.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Check out this brother cooking hilib ari.

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Hilib ari or any other meat dishes are easy to make. I would like to know how to make the bariis they serve during aroos

HalfBked
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HalfBked » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Kabsar as in cumin or cilantro/parsley?

I also added some sliced fresh ginger to it, cherry tomatoes, a mix of coriander & cumin, a slice of a red chilli, red onions and popped it in the oven at high temp. Didn't cover it with a foil, was going for that broiled taste instead of it floating in some maraq, hate soupy goat meat. I've made goat meat before, just wanted some other recipe for it. Thank you. :up:

abdalla

I think some kind of a stock makes the differnce. Regular, tap water vs. a chicken or some other stock, the difference is noticable. Along with all the spices they use.

Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Skippa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Brother, don't complicate yourself. Get a slow cooker, throw in the cleaned and marinated goat meat, dump a whole lot of things in there, all kinds of vegetables, including bidingaal (aubergines) and baamiya (okra), carrots, tomatoes, green pepper, potatoes and anything else that you can get your hands on, throw in some spices (cumin, a bit of curry, ground Cinnamon and cloves etc) garlic and a few herbs like coriander/cilandtro. put it all together and go to work, let it simmer for hours and hours. On your way back from work in the evening, grab a baguette, some stuffed olives and make yourself a cold drink (crushed ice, mint syrup and mineral water) and enjoy a nice dinner.

This ain't it but it looks like it.

HalfBked
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HalfBked » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Skippa

Much thanks brother. Never thought of using a slow cooker, but that's a fantastic idea. Great way of incorporating veggies in to the dish too. Will definitely look for that old crock pot and put it to some good use. Just googled crock pot goat and found a lot of recipes, I guess the idea of using a slow cooker for goat meat has been around quite a while now. Nice drink mix, quite fond of mint myself, mostly in my teas.

You sound like a well seasoned cook, been at it long? :lol:

Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Skippa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

I worked at a restaurant for a bit in my college days and picked up a few things here and there :lol:

HalfBked
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HalfBked » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Great role model for your daughter too from the sound of it. Kids love to imitate their dads and they (child psychologists) say cooking is a great way for children to bond with their parents. I wish you and yours the best, mon frere.

Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Skippa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 pm

jazaakallah brother...I appreciate the kind words and likewise to you :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.