Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Those who lived/live in Saudi Arabia - Fact or Fiction

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
FAH1223
webmaster

Re: Those who lived/live in Saudi Arabia - Fact or Fiction

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Udun, I agree.

Helwaa, yeah I guess after a certain age they're allowed to travel without Mahram. I completely disagree though about Sacuudiga being the best place to live, with the exception of the historical significance in Islam and luxury of being in the vicinity of the Sacred Mosques. I used to think that until I spent a month there and realized the Arabs there are the most depraved human beings society's ever seen. I could write a book on the experiences I had and reasons why I hated 9/10 of the Arabs I came across there. If it wasn't for Islam, I'd be completely anti-Arabs. At the end of the day, Sacuudiga has to be considered the best place on Earth cuz of the two Holy Mosques, but living amongst those people is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum.
yeah, homosexuality is really prevalent there. My Saudi friends always tell me about desperate niggaz who will fock anything and everything that moves.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Many Saudi females are driven around everywhere by foreign male drivers and that is perfectly acceptable, yet at the same time these same Saudis are against 'Free Mixing'.

Yungnfresh, I have said the same many times and I was called anti- Arab, Anti- Islam, and a liar :!:

Nabeela, can you talk a bit more about why sports is banned from girls schools in Saudi Arabia?

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Westldnshawty, you have to be native Saudi to hold citizenship, what is your friend's nationality. The thousands of women who are maids in Saudi do not arrive or leave without Mahram i am sure, but Saudi women are considered special by the laws of their country and need permission from guardian to travel, seek education etc because they are considered dependents.
My cousin is a Somali Brit..
Plus I have two relatives who are not native Saudis and yet they have Saudi citizenship!

Mr. Yungnfresh
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Mr. Yungnfresh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Udun, I agree.

Helwaa, yeah I guess after a certain age they're allowed to travel without Mahram. I completely disagree though about Sacuudiga being the best place to live, with the exception of the historical significance in Islam and luxury of being in the vicinity of the Sacred Mosques. I used to think that until I spent a month there and realized the Arabs there are the most depraved human beings society's ever seen. I could write a book on the experiences I had and reasons why I hated 9/10 of the Arabs I came across there. If it wasn't for Islam, I'd be completely anti-Arabs. At the end of the day, Sacuudiga has to be considered the best place on Earth cuz of the two Holy Mosques, but living amongst those people is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

dude its a known fact everytime u get closer to holly city of mecca pple get worse and worse...the most known tarek alsalat are from mecca...as arabs say when they want to describe pple of hijaz " Athhar makan wa anjas naas" which means the most sacred land with dirties pple (ilaa man ra7m rabbi)
So true, I caught some guy trying to take my wallet from my pocket INSIDE the Haram.

FAH, I heard that a lot but I dunno how true that is since I never saw anything that looked suspect like that. Then again, that kinda stuff wouldn't happen in public so who knows.

ES, I think what upsets some people is when u say stuff without anything to substantiate it. Your personal experiences are yours though and no one can argue with that.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Westldnshawty, you have to be native Saudi to hold citizenship, what is your friend's nationality. The thousands of women who are maids in Saudi do not arrive or leave without Mahram i am sure, but Saudi women are considered special by the laws of their country and need permission from guardian to travel, seek education etc because they are considered dependents.

Nah thats incorrect. There are thousands of somali saudis, ethnic somalis that hold Saudi citizenship.
Last edited by *Nobleman* on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:28 pm

ES, I think what upsets some people is when u say stuff without anything to substantiate it. Your personal experiences are yours though and no one can argue with that.

You're making excuses here for your buddies. They hate anything and everything I say. No one substantiated anything they said here why I should I be expected to present proof for everything I say?...in other words I'm always a liar until I present proof.

yunis09
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby yunis09 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:30 pm

lets be realistic every society has its pro and cons, there is no perfect nation! and sacuudi being no exception!

someone should list saudi arabia's positive aspects

ps noble and co lets take it easy on the sisters

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Plus I have two relatives who are not native Saudis and yet they have Saudi citizenship!
You can't hold dual citizenship if you become Sucuudi. Yes you can become a national but there are strict requirements.
1. You have to live there 10 yrs, with no misdemeanor
2. You have to be a professional who contributes to the sucuudi sector
3. You have to renounce your previous nationality if your a woman who married a sucuudi.
4. You can't be a palestinian refugee

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 pm

I have only met one Somali girl who had Saudi passport, she said her great grandfather or grandfather was given citizenship and they lived all their lives in Saudi. She said they were not treated the same as other Saudis because it is your tribe that matters at the end of the day. I think it is the same for Saudis who originated from Yemen. Anyway, they are here in UK now as asylum seekers. How did your relatives obtain citizenship?

Mr. Yungnfresh
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Mr. Yungnfresh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 pm

You're making excuses here for your buddies. They hate anything and everything I say. No one substantiated anything they said here why I should I be expected to present proof for everything I say?...in other words I'm always a liar until I present proof.
Is deji first of all, all I'm saying is if you present something as your opinion, then no one has the right to say anything but either agree or disagree with your opinion. But if you make a statement and present it as a fact, then it has to have legitimate basis and supporting proof if someone challenges it, just like anyone else has to provide proof when they present facts that are disputed. Where did I say ur the only one that has to do that, or call u a liar until u present proof?

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

I have only met one Somali girl who had Saudi passport, she said her great grandfather or grandfather was given citizenship and they lived all their lives in Saudi. She said they were not treated the same as other Saudis because it is your tribe that matters at the end of the day. I think it is the same for Saudis who originated from Yemen. Anyway, they are here in UK now as asylum seekers. How did your relatives obtain citizenship?
I see.. Interesting
They are both the offspring of a Somali business man in Saudi.

4. You can't be a palestinian refugee
:lol:
Thats a long list.. Saudi Citizenship isn't really that difficult to obtain.
My aunt has Kuwaiti citizenship and according to her its the most difficult citizenship to obtain. Her son studies here and the benefits the Kuwaiti government gives him is unbelieveable..

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:34 pm

West yes it is that hard to obtain, look it up.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:37 pm

I meant compared to Kuwait and the likes.. :|

union
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby union » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:19 pm

I cant say but I am pretty sure there's wisdom behind it. I bet Saudi Arabia has the least auto collision and perfect parking in the world.
Actually they have the worst driving accident rates in the world.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.