Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis announce their christianity!!!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AhmedBoqor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Somalis announce their christianity!!!

Postby AhmedBoqor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:35 am

Thomas was one of the disciple who doubted Jesus had risen from the dead.
So your God died by the wrath of his own creation? :| ......

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 am

Meru, how do you understand this verse and specifically the underlined sentence?

John 20:17
17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: NIKO CHINI YA MAJI KAMA MANOWARI MAFALA WOTE NAWANGAM

Postby Meru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:58 am

Meru, how do you understand this verse and specifically the underlined sentence?

17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’
BV you never cease to amaze, so now you are a christian you can even quote from the bible :up: good christian

AhmedBoqor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AhmedBoqor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:06 am

BV you never cease to amaze, so now you are a christian you can even quote from the bible :up: good christian
Meru, its the internet, anyone can get this quote, just answer the question; what is your understanding of the verse?

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:19 am

Meru I went to school so I studied CRE its nothing new for a sijui to know the bible practically inside out :lol:

I tried to be objective and not even think as a Muslim but I still dont get how after reading that verse someone can then go on to say Jesus is God or part of God or the son of God in a way that the rest of humanity is not after Jesus himself made such a simple and clear declaration of his stance.

Btw sorry if I put you on the spot if you dont feel comfortable discussing Christianity with me then that's cool. But since religion = the future of you soul I reckon you should just think about it. You know there is not a single verse in the entire bible where Jesus says he is God or even the son of God (without pointing out that we are all children of God) and there is not a single verse where Jesus says "worship me"?

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:22 am

Brother no need to go deep on religious matters,i know BV she is just joking she knows what it means. lets concentrate on getting Somalia back to its feet

Nabadiyocaano

Postby Nabadiyocaano » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:35 am

we need a diversity in soomaaliya..muslimc, christians, jewish and budhist :up: :up:
That's what I said. :up: With such diversity, the Clanism will end.
KOW, you really think religious diversity will cure our Clanism?? You should change you username to 'Knight of Foolishness' because if Somali are so consumed with tribal fights as it is, religious fights would cause the extinction of our ethnic group.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He/She is of a weak character and a middle man. Do you know what the Quran says about the middle man he is the shiitans best friend.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:39 am

Hello Meru,

I would say forget Somalia, this is more important. :|

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:49 am

Hello Meru,

hi long time no see :rose: :rose: is it the Ramadan that is taking you energy dear?? like i said no need to dwell on Christianity,BV once said that this is a Muslim forum so i don't want to antagonize people here i would have replied though if this was a Bantu or christian majority forum. by the way its more important to talk about islam and somalia

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 am

Hello Meru,

hi long time no see :rose: :rose: is it the Ramadan that is taking you energy dear?? like i said no need to dwell on Christianity,BV once said that this is a Muslim forum so i don't want to antagonize people here i would have replied though if this was a Bantu or christian majority forum. by the way its more important to talk about islam and somalia
That was in reference to the alcohol that was on your avatar which was disrespectful. Thanks for taking it off by the way :up:

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 am

Hello Meru,

That was in reference to the alcohol that was on your avatar which was disrespectful. Thanks for taking it off by the way :up:
you also said i was insulting Muslim women but i know what got you so worked up to say that ;)

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 am

I don't remember it might have been one thing or another.

But why are you dodging my question? Either it makes sense to you and you explain it to me and it will make sense to me and you will be rewarded for your efforts by God or you will realise that it doesn't make sense and try to figure out who this God Jesus is talking about is and get closer to him. It's a win win situation don't you think?

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:10 am

I don't remember it might have been one thing or another.

But why are you dodging my question? Either it makes sense to you and you explain it to me and it will make sense to me and you will be rewarded for your efforts by God or you will realise that it doesn't make sense and try to figure out who this God Jesus is talking about is and get closer to him. It's a win win situation don't you think?
honestly the verse is self explanatory, i need not explain it, you have chose it among the thousands. they are many which say he is the son of GOD. why i don't want to deeper is that i don't want to attract trolls to start insulting Jesus

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:23 am

A Muslim cannot insult Jesus. Infact one can't be Muslim if they don't believe in Jesus. And any troll that insults Jesus pbuh would be seen as insulting Mohamed pbuh and banned immediately.

The verse is self explanatory it means that if Jesus is the son of God then Mary Magdalene, you and I are also children of God. It means that God is the Creator and the one that Jesus himself worships as God as we all should because He is God to us all. Find me one verse in the Bible where Jesus asks to be worshiped and we'll call it quits.

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:28 am

A Muslim cannot insult Jesus. Infact one can't be Muslim if they don't believe in Jesus. And any troll that insults Jesus pbuh would be seen as insulting Mohamed pbuh and banned immediately.

The verse is self explanatory it means that if Jesus is the son of God then Mary Magdalene, you and I are also children of God. It means that God is the Creator and the one that Jesus himself worships as God as we all should because He is God to us all. Find me one verse in the Bible where Jesus asks to be worshiped and we'll call it quits.
unlike you Muslims,we Christians do not recite the whole bible. plus i cant argue with a Muslim on Christianity matters since you know nothing. the problem with you dear is that you are a jack of all trades but a master of none :D have you heard me challenge anyone in Islam??

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.