Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eritrean Wedding.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Eritrean Wedding.

Postby Advo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:01 pm

I like the concept and I think it's more fun then our boring ass weddings. :lol:

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Eritrean Wedding.

Postby Methylamine » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 pm

:lol: at least the wife knows right off the bat that will be hit with that stick if she acts up...

hitting girls is so uncool though

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ruux bukaanka ku nacay, adoo bahan katagay....Ala barasho, barasho wacanaa!

Postby greenday » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Yea its very cool and somali wedding are not boring, i went to this wedding two weeks ago and the bride and groom were role playing just like these to but none was stickin money on them :lol: They were even lifted up, it all depends on how "shy" the couple are.

Beans
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Beans » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:10 pm

That looks very fun. I wish i understood what they were saying to each other.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Xabashis :down: :down: :down:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:19 pm

I think somali bride and groom should be given 3 shots each unknowingly to loosing up things lol. I hate Somali weddings for a number of reasons, all the guys stand against the wall, the young girls keep running in and out of the wedding trying to parking lot pimp, the mothers are running in and out of the wedding to keep an eye on their daughters, the alcoholic posted outside trying to start a fight etc basically same ol sh!t. Back in the 90's was fun as hell though judging by the tapes. :lol:

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ruux bukaanka ku nacay, adoo bahan katagay....Ala barasho, barasho wacanaa!

Postby greenday » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Advo next time look around there is always a corner where its all going down away from the camera. Horta why do guys stand around specially at the start of the weddings :?

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:35 pm

What so good about it?.. :?
I found it a little weird to be honest.. :| I've been to an eritrean aroos before, but it was a females only wedding.

The stick *pretend whipping* reminds me of a Somali wedding I went to about 10 years where they had a massive xeero.. were men *one at a time* were trying to open it and a female was whipping them with a stick.. A male fanaan was singing *back and forth* how the men were feeling *and their courage* :lol: , while a female singer *after him* kept singing a song which was basically about how the men wouldn't open it *as they weren't men enough*.. It was pretty impressive, still haven't seen anything like it.. :up:

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Postby sexy-kitten » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:41 pm

:lol: at least the wife knows right off the bat that will be hit with that stick if she acts up...

hitting girls is so uncool though
Maybe she wants to be hit every now and then! Spanking, LOL!

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby greenday » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:44 pm

I found it a little weird to be honest.. :| I've been to an eritrean aroos before, but it was a females only wedding.

The stick *pretend whipping* reminds me of a Somali wedding I went to about 10 years where they had a massive xeero.. were men *one at a time* were trying to open it and a female was whipping them with a stick.. A male fanaan was singing *back and forth* how the men were feeling *and their courage* :lol: , while a female singer *after him* kept singing a song which was basically about how the men wouldn't open it *as they weren't men enough*.. It was pretty impressive, still haven't seen anything like it.. :up:
This is something i would love to see :lol:

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm

I love watching xeedhooyin. They're the best. The questions and tasks they make the guys perform are always hilarious to watch too.

Beenaale_No1
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Beenaale_No1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Look, we are Horn Africans. Eritrea has their own unique culture & traditions. Somalia also have our own culture & traditions, so why do we need to copy gaalada in terms of outfits. What's with the big white dress and the suit? :down: :down: This Eurocentric crap need to stop. Africans especially us Horn Africans, need to stop copying these people.

At least Indians & Pakistanis are still keeping their traditions alive, but even they are starting to get infested with this crap. The Arabs & Iranians are long gone. Kuwas wey u dhamaatey.

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby greenday » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:09 pm

We still have xeero and shash saar so all is not gone. When will someone post a xeero on youtube?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.