Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Snet members do you eat healthy?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
idol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Snet members do you eat healthy?

Postby idol » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Let's be honest when it comes to food us Somalis don't choose healthy foods, I mean how can we, most of our food contains loads of sugar, oil, carbohydrates, What's taste good can kill you.

Personally when it comes to food, I love spicy food, and I also have a huge sweet tooth. I'm in my early 20s and thank god my metabolism is high now, but what will happen when I reach the age of 40? I don't want to pile on the lbs and be the typical Somali middle age woman. So I'm planning ahead. I want to start eating healthy, more fruits, more vegetables and less xalwa. If xalwa was a person, we would be in a torrid relationship. :oops:

So do you eat healthy?

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: Snet members do you eat healthy?

Postby Voltage » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:08 pm

My family are healthy eating freaks except for me. My motto is whatever delights my senses and the juicer, fatter, and more rich the food the more I like. However, everyone else in my fam are obsessed with steamed vegetables, spinach, steamed cabbage, hardly any red meat intake, and too little sugars and salts. It's frustrating I tell you. :lol:
Last edited by Voltage on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:10 pm

I don't want to pile on the lbs and be the typical Somali middle age woman. ?
How about you continue being active? The biggest problem with older Somali women is not that they eat more sugars and fats than other people but they rarely exercise it off. Most of these ajnabi ladies with slim toned bodies are doing 3-6 mile runs every morning and having active working lifestyle.

idol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby idol » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:11 pm

My family are healthy heating freaks except for me. My motto is whatever delights my senses and the juicer, fatter, and more rich the food the more I like. However, everyone else in my fam are obsessed with steamed vegetables, spinach, steamed cabbage, hardly any red meat intake, and too little sugars and salts. It's frustrating I tell you. :lol:
That's great, maybe me and you should switch places. My mother cooks loads of food, she had 3 level shelf in her kitchen for cooking books. :lol:

idol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby idol » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:14 pm

I don't want to pile on the lbs and be the typical Somali middle age woman. ?
How about you continue being active? The biggest problem with older Somali women is not that they eat more sugars and fats than other people but they rarely exercise it off. Most of these ajnabi ladies with slim toned bodies are doing 3-6 mile runs every morning and having active working lifestyle.
Yeah you're right, my friend has a treadmill in her house she runs 2 hours non-stop on the treadmill 6 days a week. I should start exercising with her. Even if you exercise you should decrease the amount of sugar and fats in your daily diet.

union
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby union » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Idol just drink plenty of water and go to the gym three times a week and do some cardio and lifting and eat whatever you want.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Haven't been eating healthy lately, I've found free food like pizza all over campus and some other junk at work. Need to quit eating that junk.

But I work out 3-4 times a week, a lot of cardio and some lifting.

I got a sweet tooth too and I must have a sugar ladened breakfast once or twice a week. Stay active and fit... you won't become the typical middle aged Somali woman. My aunts (mom's sisters) are health freaks and work out just like those cadaan ladies every day... and they eat stuff liek tofu and organic products :shock: :down: My dad's sisters are more along the norms of most Somali women as they age.. i.e. not much of physical activity

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Idol just drink plenty of water and go to the gym three times a week and do some cardio and lifting and eat whatever you want.
:up:

That's exactly what I do.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:01 pm

I think I've got the highest metabolism out there. I can eat hilib, caano, ukun, fish now and within an hour I am hungry again. I am not skinny nor fat, I am average fella. I eat about 25 egg whites a week, some chicken and hilib lo'o or ari. I keep the fish down to only two times a week because its got too much mercury. I drink protein shakes as well. That is on top of the normal food that the family cooks. Now you'd think I am big or fat guy eating all that, nah not really. Doing all that helps me maintain my weight only, and it doesn't add me a single pound. weird shyt.

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 pm

I'm allergic to gluten, but i had two cupcakes today.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:23 pm

I think it's more to do with how much you take in, less the what.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.