Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The killer disease

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The killer disease

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:31 am

http://www.immunize.org/vis/so_hpa06.pdf
Af soomali.

In most of the cases, the patient is diagonised when it is too late.

Read this paper; it seems that there is a pathogene that is common to somalis
http://vir.sgmjournals.org/content/81/6/1485.full

We need an awareness campaign.

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Postby salool » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:36 am

Wixi ilaahy ku qoray cidna ka celin kari mayso, laakin nimanka xaasidinta ah ee naaghoda cudurka xun iyaga oo sida oo sheegin, aakhiro ayey oo taala.Hebtatit c hadu kugu dhaco inaad guursatida maba aha. :down:

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Hebtatit c hadu kugu dhaco inaad guursatida maba aha. :down:
Why? Is it communicable disease?

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:23 am

Wixi ilaahy ku qoray cidna ka celin kari mayso, laakin nimanka xaasidinta ah ee naaghoda cudurka xun iyaga oo sida oo sheegin, aakhiro ayey oo taala.Hebtatit c hadu kugu dhaco inaad guursatida maba aha. :down:
Ilaahey wuxuu bani'adamka ku karaamadeey maskax aay ku ogaan karaan iskagana daaweyn(hortagi) karaan cudurada.

Hep C badanaaba waxaa laiskugu gudbiyaa:

a) Hooyo cunugeeda u gudbiso
b) Dhiig/cirbad ; badanaaba dadka soomaalidda ah ma aysan dhiqi/qalajin jirin cirbadaha.

Hep B waxaa laiskugu gudbiyaa galmada.

Cilmi baaris lagu sameeyey soomaali USA u soo baxi lahayd 1995ki ayaa waxaa lagu ogaadey in 35% dadka da'adoodu u dhaxeeyso 25-50 aay qabeen B och C.

Cudurkaani waa dilaaga ugu weyn soomaalidda dibada joogto. Haddii aay is baari lahaayeen waa la daaweyn kari lahaa.

Fadlan ogeeysiya dadkaan taqaanaan inaay iska baaraan.

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Cilmi baaris lagu sameeyey soomaali USA u soo baxi lahayd 1995ki ayaa waxaa lagu ogaadey in 35% dadka da'adoodu u dhaxeeyso 25-50 aay qabeen B och C.
35% is significant.
Cudurkaani waa dilaaga ugu weyn soomaalidda dibada joogto.
Does it affect less those in the homeland?

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:50 pm

35% is significant.
Cudurkaani waa dilaaga ugu weyn soomaalidda dibada joogto.
Does it affect less those in the homeland?

Arabmtu,
I don't think it affects less those in the homeland. In our homeland, there are other diseases that overshadow it.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:25 am

Had to dig up this thread to report some good news;

There is a wonder drug against HepC. It is very expensive and in many countries, it cannot be provided under welfare provisions. It costs almost 500 000- 1 million dollars/treatment. This past few months, there have generic/synthetic drugs and the price is falling... Soon, everyone will be treated (in the diaspora)

Also, the prevalence rate is decreasing. This is because most of the patients have passed away or will pass away soon. Most of those under 40 were vaccinated when the problem became known. High prevalence rate in the 40+ cohort. This is because of non-steralised needles used 1970s-1990s- This disease is transmitted through blood to blood.

Fey
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Fey » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:15 am

There is a wonder drug against HepC. It is very expensive and in many countries, it cannot be provided under welfare provisions. It costs almost 500 000- 1 million dollars/treatment. This past few months, there have generic/synthetic drugs and the price is falling... Soon, everyone will be treated (in the diaspora)

Also, the prevalence rate is decreasing. This is because most of the patients have passed away or will pass away soon. Most of those under 40 were vaccinated when the problem became known. High prevalence rate in the 40+ cohort. This is because of non-steralised needles used 1970s-1990s- This disease is transmitted through blood to blood.
?

you do realise "/" means per?

this is an outstanding lie.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:17 am

Hep is a common sexual disease. I am more interested in HIV, that fun and diabolical. This small disease is nothing!

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:20 am

?

you do realise "/" means per?

this is an outstanding lie.

Per treatment/therapy (depending on the age; this is not a one time drug) The price is dropping to a fraction of that.

Read this http://www.natap.org/2014/HCV/Science-2 ... -141-2.pdf

Fey
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Fey » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:36 am

Per treatment/therapy (depending on the age; this is not a one time drug) The price is dropping to a fraction of that.

i've looked over the article and it seems that your numbers are still grossly inflated.

i'm finding the unit 'per treatment per therapy' hard to grasp.

PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceDaadi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:48 am

The only problem I had with vaccination is the time, after they give the first two injections they will tell you to come back after six month so I missed the third one and was told to start it again.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:06 am

i've looked over the article and it seems that your numbers are still grossly inflated.

i'm finding the unit 'per treatment per therapy' hard to grasp.
You are beating the bush on an issue that you hardly know! If you don't know by treatment/therapy, then what can I say? Treatment/therapy is the lingo of medicine.

The aricle mentions 160 000/12 weeks of treatment using the cocktail. That is not enough and the patient will not be free from the virus. A conservative estimate ranges from 500 000 -1 million dollars. But, as I wrote earlier that is bound to be less as new generic drugs are developed .

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:07 am

The only problem I had with vaccination is the time, after they give the first two injections they will tell you to come back after six month so I missed the third one and was told to start it again.
Actually for most Hep Viruses , you only need one shot/life time.

Fey
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Fey » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:57 am

You are beating the bush on an issue that you hardly know! If you don't know by treatment/therapy, then what can I say? Treatment/therapy is the lingo of medicine.

The aricle mentions 160 000/12 weeks of treatment using the cocktail. That is not enough and the patient will not be free from the virus. A conservative estimate ranges from 500 000 -1 million dollars. But, as I wrote earlier that is bound to be less as new generic drugs are developed .

whatever man, i'm just saying you fudged the initial estimate by a like 350k-850k (maybe i'm being pedantic but i take the reporting of research seriously).

fyi a generic substitute is already on the indian market.

also what makes you an authority then? don't be so quick to dismiss, for all you know i'm a doktah :stylin:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.