Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cousin marriages

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Cousin marriages

Postby Saraxnow » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:54 pm

How about three siblings marrying another three siblings that are their first cousins and the fourth in the way. Walahi something I cant register and I have seen it but to each their own. :|
:shock: Amazing

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:56 pm

In the west hardly ever do I hear anything of that sort, Back home waa iska caadi they like to keep it in the family.
In a country such as the US, where the population numbers 300 millions, there's probably 1 million cousin marriages. Back in Somalia, wearing flip flops and attending various events (party, marriage, etc) was considered backwardness. However, many Americans wear and attend all sorts of events, including a meeting with the US president. Just because there's this notion that cadaans are highly evolved humans doesn't mean they don't do what people in the third world do.

XaliimoFarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby XaliimoFarax » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:01 pm

How about three siblings marrying another three siblings that are their first cousins and the fourth in the way. Walahi something I cant register and I have seen it but to each their own. :|
:shock: Amazing
Tell me about it. Mashallah the kids listen to their parents thu. :up:

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 pm

These morons are playing russian roulette with fate. :down:

Xamud.

Postby Xamud. » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:08 pm

It`s halaal so I don`t really judge people who marry their first,second cousin, to each and his own I guess. My grandparents were first cousins, they had 13 kids, and they were all healthy and strong.

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Children of non-related couples have a 2-3% risk of birth defects, as opposed to first cousins having a 4-6% risk. Genetic counseling is available for those couples that may be at a special risk for birth defects (e.g. You have a defect that runs in your family) In plain terms first cousins have at a 94 percent + chance of having healthy children. Check the links section for more information on genetic counselors. The National Society of Genetic Counselors estimated the increased risk for first cousins is between 1.7 to 2.8 percent, or about the same a any woman over 40 years of age.

http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=facts

BanadirBeauty
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BanadirBeauty » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:18 pm

I had a christian friend who told me that his first cousins got married even though its forbidden in the christian community , the married cousins were disowned by their family members. Love can be found in the strangest ways.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.