Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So Effing sad..was at USPS, Somali woman wanted a P.O. Box..

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
yungnfresh
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: So Effing sad..was at USPS, Somali woman wanted a P.O. B

Postby yungnfresh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:37 pm

The same thing happened to me last year when I was replacing my health card...there was a Somali islaan in front of me and I must have waited 45 minutes in line until it was her turn. She couldn't understand a single word of English (I don't get why she even came alone...did she expect to learn English at the health care office?!) and the ministry of health chick was visibly frustrated that the lady couldn't understand her. So I decided to translate for her and explained she had to fill out a form...of course, her written understanding isn't any better than her spoken so she told me to fill out the form for her AND her two daughters who she was doing it for (which kinda pissed me off cuz her daughters were both in their early 20's and shoulda been there doing it with her)...anyways, she pulled me outta line, had me fill out all 3 forms, and then we had to go back in line and wait another 45 minutes before we got back to the counter.

At the end of the day though, it could've been your mom there and you'd want someone to help her so u should've just helped that islaan out.

peaceandwar
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby peaceandwar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:49 pm

The same thing happened to me last year when I was replacing my health card...there was a Somali islaan in front of me and I must have waited 45 minutes in line until it was her turn. She couldn't understand a single word of English (I don't get why she even came alone...did she expect to learn English at the health care office?!) and the ministry of health chick was visibly frustrated that the lady couldn't understand her. So I decided to translate for her and explained she had to fill out a form...of course, her written understanding isn't any better than her spoken so she told me to fill out the form for her AND her two daughters who she was doing it for (which kinda pissed me off cuz her daughters were both in their early 20's and shoulda been there doing it with her)...anyways, she pulled me outta line, had me fill out all 3 forms, and then we had to go back in line and wait another 45 minutes before we got back to the counter.

At the end of the day though, it could've been your mom there and you'd want someone to help her so u should've just helped that islaan out.
Bro..I really do help out a lot..u know we have Somali Bantus here, I helped them on daily basis..this incident should not b taken as the way I operate..I felt un-needed..this woman was confident that she could speak on her own

OliveOil
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: I walk this empty street on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Postby OliveOil » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:50 pm

I Agree with young...I get pissed off too but at the end of the day...I feel good about it. :up:

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:23 am

I used to translate for ppl at a place i worked at, (before u hate not what was i was hired for lol i was just the only intern w. somali skills). And i dont suck @ spoken somali cuz my ayeeyo lived with me most of my life and she doesnt speak english. But yeah I was translating some paperwork for this guy, and at this pt this was my last summer working as an inter (3 yr internship) and i had never had a complaint about my somaali, just some haters like "naag somaliyeed ayaa tahay. Cilmoo so ma dhalikarta? Why ayaad inta ka shaqaaney sidee nin camal."

Anyways, i was translating for this old dude some paperwork and he says to me "War adiga wax ma taqaantid. ninka kaleey ii so yeerii" and the other student is indian :lol: wtf, so im tryna be patient w. this odhay and im like "Wan ku yeerikara lakiin is ma af garaney" he goes "war tag wax ma fahmiin adigu" so i go and call the indian kid and leave them in there together and go home cuz my shift was up :up:

another time I was at the halaal meat and tried to help this somali lady who was obviously struggling but she pretty much cussed me out and then just kept struggling :lol: :lol:

peaceandwar
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby peaceandwar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:40 pm

@Nanees...Who give you the permission to leave a comment in my thread...I cant wait to see you face to face...Then agan I might just seduce you...

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:49 pm

@Nanees...Who give you the permission to leave a comment in my thread...I cant wait to see you face to face...Then agan I might just seduce you...

remember that time you shittalked a good chick to the wrong person :lol:

seems like it was yesterday!

peaceandwar
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby peaceandwar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Lool...you know ..I like you...add me on fb...how about that...your cool peeps though...btw, I did not shittalk....be honest for once...goodness gracias...

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Lool...you know ..I like you...add me on fb...how about that...your cool peeps though...btw, I did not shittalk....be honest for once...goodness gracias...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry, i dont add guys that gossip on facebook :roll:

peaceandwar
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby peaceandwar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Aaaakh-tuff...ya ilma xaaraan.... :lost:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.