Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charcoal, Its Export, and Forest Clearing in Somalia

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Faant
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Charcoal, Its Export, and Forest Clearing in Somalia

Postby Faant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Faant,
As much as I hate the Al-sheydhan, I think the accusation that they are involved in prostitution is far fetched.

As regards charcoal, I think the best strategy is to find alternative domestic source of fuel/energy. I think alot of the charcoal is consumed locally.
we are talking about an organization who have committed massacres aganis civilians, and you refuse to believe they could be savage enough to force women into protestion? why will old somali women be lying to me about that? do you think they said it because it was fun?

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Charcoal and imported consumer goods especially sugar and electronics is the most profitable business in Jubooyinka especially in the last 6-8 years. The imported goods are smuggled across the border into Kenya where they're sold in much of the NFD and even beyond. Other than that, what else is there to export/import at Kismaayo seaport?
Charcoal is a cheap product, and I think its export to the Gulf countries is limited because they have better and more efficient products (like propane) for cooking (what else is charcoal used for? Uunsi?). Jubooyinka are one of the most fertile areas, so al-Shabaab can export grains, vegetables, fruits (like banana), etc.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Faant,
As much as I hate the Al-sheydhan, I think the accusation that they are involved in prostitution is far fetched.

As regards charcoal, I think the best strategy is to find alternative domestic source of fuel/energy. I think alot of the charcoal is consumed locally.
we are talking about an organization who have committed massacres aganis civilians, and you refuse to believe they could be savage enough to force women into protestion? why will old somali women be lying to me about that? do you think they said it because it was fun?
The bastards have committed heinous crimes against somalis. There is no doubt about that. I don't the prostitution trade is one of their trademarks. It is possible they engaged in that to get intelligence but that does not mean that they are profiting from prostitution.

Who are the older women you are talking about? What fun? Evidence is what is needed.

NoAngst
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby NoAngst » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Faant,

Stop making shid up man. Alshabaab don't need any more mud thrown at them they're already wallowing in mud and emiting nausating miasma that is alienating alot of their supporters. Every intelligent and mentally stable Somali knows these vermins as rank cowards, buffoons, criminals, stooges of Wahaabi/Arab colonization of Somalia under the guise of "Islam" who must get a good arse kicking lest they succeed in their evil designs. Allah willing we will defeat them. What Alshabaab and their supporters-usually the mentally disturbed and diaspora born-forget is Somalis are veritable freedom lovers. We're famous for resisting any form of central authority with coercive powers. Alshabab have only succeeded thanks to the failure and incompetence of the deplorable Warlords and the hapless TFG. But Alshabaab have overstayed their welcome and their days are numbered.
Last edited by NoAngst on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faant
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Faant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 pm

many respectable Somali females who fled to Saudi Arabia talks about Al-Shabaabs barbaric crimes against the Somali people including prostitution.The evidence is none other than statements from the victims.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:53 pm

many respectable Somali females who fled to Saudi Arabia talks about Al-Shabaabs barbaric crimes against the Somali people including prostitution.The evidence is none other than statements from the victims.
Faant, that defies logic. There is evidence that Al-sheydhaans killed, maimed and murdered people in cold blood. There is also evidence that they stoned people to death. Vicious crimes against somalis.

But the notion that they are encouraging or participating in prostitution falls on its own merit. They will stone you for even holding the hand of a woman, greeting a woman etc.

Faant
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Faant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:54 pm

I have not heard any arguments for why Al-Shabab could be guilty in forced prostitution. :?

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:57 pm

I have not heard any arguments for why Al-Shabab could be guilty in forced prostitution. :?
mmm.. you are contradicting yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you dithering? or is this just a mistake of a forgotten "not" in the sentence?

Faant
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Faant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Faant, that defies logic. There is evidence that Al-sheydhaans killed, maimed and murdered people in cold blood. There is also evidence that they stoned people to death. Vicious crimes against somalis.

But the notion that they are encouraging or participating in prostitution falls on its own merit. They will stone you for even holding the hand of a woman, greeting a woman etc.

how can you simultaneously recognize their evil warcrimes and then say that they have too much morality to be found guilty on forced protestion :| ?

Faant
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Faant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 pm

mmm.. you are contradicting yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you dithering? or is this just a mistake of a forgotten "not" in the sentence?
looool, I forget a " not" in my sentence that just makes the debate more more comic :lol:

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Faant,
I am inclined to say what I think based on what I know. It is called "honesty". Hitler was a murderer but he was also a good orator. Mussolini was stupid but funny.

Hate should not be a reason enough to lie. Don't you think so?

So, do the al-sheydhaan generally drink? Engage generally in lewd acts?

I think my hate towards the Al-shedhaans and their sponsers the wahabists is stronger than yours. But, at the same time, simply because I hate them does not mean I will cook stories about them.

lol@@@@@@@@@@ a little bit of Freud in that.

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Let us correct one thing: Al-Shabaab does not condone prostitution. You need to come up with better charges, but one of the things they abolish is prostitution in Southern Somalia. They have other issues, but condoning prostitution is out of the question.

Arabmtu, forest cutting for charcoal purposes has been going on in all of Al-Shabaab controlled territories. The call to ban these forest destruction activities was issued in the recent meeting in Baidoa that the religious scholars who support Al-Shabaab held there. It was all on Somalia media.
(5) In la joojiyo xaalufinta Deegaanka ama dhirta in la jaro.
Source: http://kismaayo24.com/?p=22422

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Arabmtu, forest cutting for charcoal purposes has been going on in all of Al-Shabaab controlled territories. The call to ban these forest destruction activities was issued in the recent meeting in Baidoa that the religious scholars who support Al-Shabaab held there. It was all on Somalia media.
(5) In la joojiyo xaalufinta Deegaanka ama dhirta in la jaro.
Source: http://kismaayo24.com/?p=22422
That's a pragmatic call on part of the scholars. :up:

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 am

Yes, it was good call to stop the environment degregation that was taking place in Southern Somalia, but every body is watching if the recommendation get implemented.

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Yes, it was good call to stop the environment degregation that was taking place in Southern Somalia, but every body is watching if the recommendation get implemented.
I was just reading some news. Apparently, a jawaan of charcoal is sold for $2.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.